Calhoupe's Madden Scripts

RevanFan
Legend

Re: Calhoupe's Madden Scripts

Postby RevanFan » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:26 am

MikeWest502 wrote:
RevanFan wrote:
EDIT: Yep. Double checked both in-game and in the file. Did nothing.

Are you running the script as admin? I just tested and the menu went black for 3 seconds, then refreshed at 1920x1080. Also check the script properties. Select Compatibility Tab, Click the box at the bottom of the window labeled "Change high DPI settings". Make sure to check the box "Override High DPI scaling behavior." Scaling performed by: Application.

I am running it as admin. And as for the above post, I would feel pretty silly if I install Windows and go through every single setting but miss the resolution haha. But thanks for the suggestion just in case I did miss it.

I have NOT tried changing the DPI settings. I'll try that and respond when I'm done. I thought about doing it, but I never had to on my desktop.

EDIT: Didn't work. There's something about my laptop that is causing the script for the resolution to not inject properly, but the rest of the scripts work fine.

I never had to go through any of this mess on my desktop. Could just jump in and the scripts just worked. I'm thinking of giving up and just playing Madden on my desktop exclusively.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Sponsor

Sponsor

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:33 am

RevanFan wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:
RevanFan wrote:
EDIT: Yep. Double checked both in-game and in the file. Did nothing.

Are you running the script as admin? I just tested and the menu went black for 3 seconds, then refreshed at 1920x1080. Also check the script properties. Select Compatibility Tab, Click the box at the bottom of the window labeled "Change high DPI settings". Make sure to check the box "Override High DPI scaling behavior." Scaling performed by: Application.

I am running it as admin. And as for the above post, I would feel pretty silly if I install Windows and go through every single setting but miss the resolution haha. But thanks for the suggestion just in case I did miss it.

I have NOT tried changing the DPI settings. I'll try that and respond when I'm done. I thought about doing it, but I never had to on my desktop.

No need to feel silly or not if you miss something. My last question is which compatibility mode is the script running in or not?

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:43 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:
RevanFan wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:

No need to feel silly or not if you miss something. My last question is which compatibility mode is the script running in or not?

I don't have it in any compatibility mode. I never needed to on my desktop. Just running it as admin.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:33 pm

I feel it's a burden to ask for requests, but I have a couple of ideas. Can you make it to where players don't get super fatigued when they play the opposite side of the ball to their position (i.e. CB playing WR). Also, make the full-screen hack compatible with dual monitors.

TheNamesRyder
Rookie

Postby TheNamesRyder » Mon May 03, 2021 11:23 am

Does anybody have an alternate link for the mainapp.exe file? Sendspace keeps saying they are at full capacity and won't let me download even though I just redownloaded the Scripts. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Postby Rixster67r » Mon May 03, 2021 2:49 pm

I think this is it....
Attachments
Calhoupe's Madden Scripts1.70.zip
(5.61 MiB) Downloaded 117 times

TheNamesRyder
Rookie

Postby TheNamesRyder » Mon May 03, 2021 7:39 pm

Greatly appreciated, thank you Rixster!

bwburke94
Rookie

Postby bwburke94 » Wed May 05, 2021 9:22 pm

Rixster67r wrote:I think this is it....

I think this is piracy. Are we allowed to distribute copyrighted code?

StingRay68
Hall of Fame

Postby StingRay68 » Thu May 06, 2021 6:54 am

There are some valid reasons why people would need a fixed executable that do not include piracy.
Simply downloading a fixed mainapp for Madden 08 doesn't guarantee someone is illegally using Madden 08.
Since EA has dropped support for Madden PC, anyone running Windows 10 is forced to either manually install unsigned (and potentially compromised according to microsoft) drivers for safedisc or use a fixed executable. It may not be realistic to expect people to have a dedicated machine to run an older version of windows just to play madden.

I removed the file. I'm not sure of the legalities involved with the modified executable, but we cannot host such files on forum servers.
If someone has a link to the file on an external server, we'll allow that to be posted until a time comes when we find we cannot legally host such a link.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Fri May 07, 2021 11:24 am

What I find odd after reading the many new members information, is that they are stating/claiming to have recently purchased or downloaded a new copy of Madden 08. A new copy of Madden 08 PC DVD is not and has not been for sale on any legitimate website for years. As of today, Amazon has 12 used copies of Madden 08 PC DVD and the prices ranged from $65.00-$100.00. There is only one used copy listed on EBAY selling for $29.00.

Anyone who downloads a pre-installed copy or downloaded an ISO file from a website claiming Madden 08 PC is free does NOT own a legal copy. Either you have the digital download version or the PC DVD version. All others are NOT legal copies. For the mainapp.exe, it was initially distributed for those who owned the PC-DVD version simply to preserve the wear & tear of the DVD. It was not intended for use with illegal copies. The digital download version had or has no need to use the NO-DVD mainapp.exe unless it was paired for use with the Calhoupe Scripts.

Edit: The Calhoupe Scripts have always worked without problem using the legal un-modified version mainapp.exe, even on Windows 10.

The modified mainapp.exe has been and currently is posted on other websites and that's where it should stay. But again, that mainapp.exe is for use for the "owners" of the PC-DVD version of the game! An ISO version of the game is an illegal copy of the game and does require using a modified exe file to run. It is my opinion for those who pretend to have a legal version of the game, but don't, please stop making false claims of legal ownership! It's embarrassing and does not go unnoticed!

Oddly, EA Sports is not policing those websites who distribute the product unlawfully. :shock:

Return to “Utilities”