JDHalfrack's Fantasy Draft Utility

JDHalfrack
All-Pro

Postby JDHalfrack » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:39 pm

Okay, it's been a while... but JDHalfrack proudly presents his latest editor: the Fantasy Draft Utility!

Requirements: You will need .NET Framework 3.5 installed to use this utility

ALWAYS MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR FRANCHISE FILE BEFORE USING THIS UTILITY!!
(you should always make a backup of whatever file is going to be edited before using any utility)

To use this utility:
Step 1a: In Madden '08, load up whatever roster you want to use, and stat a franchise with it.
Step 1b: DO NOT START A FANTASY DRAFT FRANCHISE! Use any other settings you want and control whichever human teams you want... BUT DO NOT START A FANTASY FRANCHISE.
Step 1c: Save the franchise immediately after creation (and before doing minicamp drills <-- not that necessary) and exit Madden.

Step 2: Make a backup of your franchise and then load up the original in the Fantasy Draft Utility. When it's loaded, you should see this screen:

At this stage, you get to set all your options for how the computer will treat the drafting process.
On this main screen, you can set the draft type, draft order, number of rounds, and select which teams you would like to draft for as a human.
You will also notice there are two buttons: "Edit Overall Ratings Formula" and "Edit Player Evaluation Formula".

The first button should not be messed with unless you know that the franchise you are using is using any other formula than the default formula provided by Madden. Since most (read: nearly 100%) of the users will have no idea that a formula even exists, or that we actually know what it is and how it works, I would just leave this button alone. But, if you absolutely must know, this is what the screen looks like that pops up when you click it:

The second screen, though, is where all the magic happens:
I will not spend time explaining all the workings of that screen here since I have tried to explain as much as I could in the actual utility.

Step 3: After you have saved all the settings, and are ready to proceed, click the "Save Draft Order and BEGIN DRAFT" button. That will bring you to a screen that looks similar this (depending on version and when I've updated this forum):

This screen is fairly self explanatory, but I will point out a few things.
- "Auto Update Draft Info" is nifty, but it drags the speed of the utility WAY down (because it constantly is clearing and rebuilding all that stuff). So, if you notice the drafting speed is taking too long, uncheck that box. If you have selected a team to draft for, you may not notice it too much. However, if you have selected no teams, the draft will complete in like 30 seconds. But, with auto update on, it takes about 5 mins.
- "Computer Draft Player" will have the computer draft a player based on the drafting AI and randomness (as set in the Edit Player Evaluation" screen).
- "Draft Players without Prompt" will get rid of the warning every time you click to draft a player.

Step 4: After the draft is complete, save the franchise!

Have fun, and try to break this utility. I want to know about anything that goes wrong no matter how little or no matter how big. There are some annoying thing I already know about that I will fix/add later. I wanted to get this released though. Good luck, and have fun!

JD

UPDATES
Version 2.3 (11/21/13):
- fixed issue with draft freezing after a certain round
(depending on "1st" requirements)
- fixed issue with draft boards not displaying properly

Version 2.2 (11/19/13):
- Fixed the Halfback/Fullback jersey number issue
- Changed the progress bar label to display the file name when opened
- Added "Offense" and "Defense" to the "sort by" combo box
- Changed default number of draft rounds to 53
- The drafted players list now auto-scrolls long with the current pick
(can be disabled)

Version 2.1 (11/16/13):
- Should open and handle franchises with a practice squad (BETA)
- Players are listed as having been "Acquired in Fantasy Draft"
- Okay.... NOW I've fixed the contract issue...
- Fixed the kick/punt returner depth chart issues
- Fixed the scrolling issue where the player list wouldn't scroll to the top after switiching search criteria

Version 2.0 (11/15/13):
- This utility will now auto-order depth charts during the draft

Version 1.2 (11/15/13):
- fixed issue with players getting drafted with no salary
(hopefully correctly this time)
- fixed issue with some players getting assigned illegal jersey numbers
- adjusted the numerical order players receive new jersey numbers to be more realistic with league standards
- fixed issue with dealing with ratings larger than 99
(now all attributes will be read as if they have a cap of 99... but they are still treated as their actual value)
- fixed issue with updating team draft info when picking back to back picks
- added a back color to rows on the player list when viewing "all players" if they've already been drafted
- added an option to "check/uncheck" all teams when selecting user teams

Version 1.1 (11/14/13):
- enabled and updated "About..." box
- added auto draft option
- made it so the last sorted column in the player grid will remain the sorted column when switching positions
- fixed the player list loading then reloading when switching between "ALL", "Drafted" and "Undrafted" views
- added a spot for the "best 5" attributes to be displayed when a player is selected
- added the height, weight, and years pro info to the same location
- fixed the issue of players being signed to zero years in a fantasy draft (all free agents are now signed to a 1 year deal)
- made it so that drafted players will no longer share jersey numbers (the first drafted player gets priority)

Version 1.0 (11/13/13):
- initial release
Attachments
Fantasy Draft Utility (version 2.3).zip
MAKE SURE BOTH FILES ARE PACKAGED TO THE SAME LOCATION!
(155.22 KiB) Downloaded 1628 times

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: JDHalfrack's Fantasy Draft Utility

Postby RevanFan » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:18 pm

It doesn't work for me. I tried it with an already in progress franchise and a new franchise that followed your instructions. It always gives me an error saying "The index was outside the bounds of the array" and then it crashes. I have tried it in administrator mode as well, and it did the same thing.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

mike9472
MVP

Postby mike9472 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:29 pm

Tried it with a new franchise and it worked fine for me. I'm running Windows XP 32 bit with NET framework 1 thru 4.

JDHalfrack
All-Pro

Postby JDHalfrack » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:35 pm

RevanFan wrote:It doesn't work for me. I tried it with an already in progress franchise and a new franchise that followed your instructions. It always gives me an error saying "The index was outside the bounds of the array" and then it crashes. I have tried it in administrator mode as well, and it did the same thing.

Index outside the bounds errors are very easy to fix. Would you attach or PM me your franchise so I can see what is triggering the error? Let me know what steps you did and I'll try to replicate the error.

JD

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:58 pm

Can you do the NFL Draft on this?

JDHalfrack
All-Pro

Postby JDHalfrack » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:01 pm

Austinmario wrote:Can you do the NFL Draft on this?

No. But there are already WAY better tools than this that cover the NFL draft.

JD

slydways
Banned
Location: Alliance,Ohio ........Home of the MOUNT UNION PURPLE RAIDERS 11 Division III National Championships

Postby slydways » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:23 pm

Another Great One ! Thanks JD. FDU worked fine on both my... XP and... win7 x64 machines and only needs NET 2.0 SP1 ( for XP ) and nothing for Windows 7 x64.

superben21
MVP

Postby superben21 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:25 pm

Sweet! About to check this out when I get home tonight.

Now if only I could get that league shrinker working I'd have a way to break this utility :P
~ Superben21 | An active moderator at one point or another.

petroleum
All-Pro

Postby petroleum » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:37 pm

RevanFan wrote:It doesn't work for me. I tried it with an already in progress franchise and a new franchise that followed your instructions. It always gives me an error saying "The index was outside the bounds of the array" and then it crashes. I have tried it in administrator mode as well, and it did the same thing.

Were you using a roster/franchise with a practice squad team? I tried using the fantasy draft utility on a franchise started with StruttDaddy-2003 roster, except that I had added the practice squad team to it, and ran into "The index was outside the bounds of the array" error. However, using a franchise started with the original StruttDaddy-2003 roster (without practice squad team) did not generate that error.

JDHalfrack
All-Pro

Postby JDHalfrack » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:04 pm

Oh yeah, it should be noted that currently, this utility is designed for default franchises. It won't (probably) work with any shrunken league, any league with custom teams added (unless the TGID is less than 32), etc...

In the future, the plan is to make it compatible with any league size with any league teams. Like I said, I am just trying to release what I've been able to put together so far. Version 2 will include those kinds of updates.

JD

Return to “Utilities”