NCAA AST Editor - Discussion Thread

lorak
Pro Bowl

Re: NCAA AST Editor - Discussion Thread

Postby lorak » Sun Jul 16, 2023 9:14 am

The files I am working on come from Madden NFL 13 PS Vita. Your editor works not only for NCAA 14 PS3 but also for other games with similar structure and file formats as Madden NFL 13 PS Vita.

For Madden NFL 13 PS Vita, File00090 is an .ast file, it contains .dds and a few .apt and .dat files. It is nested like this, qkl_misc.ast->File00458.ast->File00090.ast.

As I said before, the source of the issue is not editing. I got a corrupted file just saving the stock File00458.ast in the editor with another name, replacing none of its contents. As in the image from my previous post, all its contents are now .dat files. Moreover, its file size -it duplicates- and offsets of its contents -adding lots of zeroes at the beginning of the file- have changed just by saving it in the editor. That is the issue. The problem seems to only appear when working through the editor with .ast files "nested in middle" as File00458.ast, in this case.

StingRay68 wrote:You need to provide a lot more info when you're asking about a specific problem.

What other information do you want to know?

Sponsor

Sponsor

lorak
Pro Bowl

Postby lorak » Tue Jul 18, 2023 6:26 pm

A bit more information. The editor works with no issues saving other .ast files, even if they are "nested in the middle". Maybe the problem is the kind of .ast file for that particular file, File00458.ast.

StingRay68
Hall of Fame

Postby StingRay68 » Wed Jul 19, 2023 10:47 am

There are differences in the ast files, especially between games and even the same game on a different platform.
If you've tried just saving a loaded ast file with no edits and it doesn't not save correctly, then the formatting is different enough that it is not going to work with the editor. You might try Luigi's quickbms. http://aluigi.altervista.org/quickbms.htm

lorak
Pro Bowl

Postby lorak » Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:37 am

Thanks for the tip!!

Return to “NCAA Football 2014”