Madden AMP(continued)

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Re: Madden AMP(continued)

Postby elguapo » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:18 pm

I wasn't able to figure out how to load the 2020 roster directly into Madden Amp but I did figure out a work around. So I'm curious, can Madden 2020 load 2019 roster files?

I was able to see that the 2020 roster has an extra TABLE (MRPH) which might be throwing off Madden Amp. My recommendation is to upgrade the TDBAccess.DLL library to the most current one. Madden DB Editor 19 has the most current TDBAccess library and that's how I was able to load the 2020 roster. The only other difference is in the PLAY table where in PHCL 2019 (CQ) and PLHS 2020 (FN) are different.

WORKAROUND
Do these steps for Madden 2019 and 2020 rosters.
Using Madden AMP load the ROSTER-Official file. Madden AMP will create a "*.db" version that can be used with the DB Editor.
Go to the folder where the ROSTER-Official file is located, you should see the "*.db" version.
Copy the "*.db" version and rename it to whatever.

USING DB Editor
Use Madden DB Editor 19 for these steps.
Using MDB19 load the 2020 *.db file.
Extract all the tables to CSV files.
Close the 2020 *.db file.

Using MDB19 load the 2019 *.db file.
Import the 2020 CSV tables to the appropriate tables.
Save the db file.

USING MADDEN AMP
Using Madden Amp load the 2019 db file.
Make any edits.
Save the 2019 db file.

USING DB Editor
Use Madden DB Editor 19 for these steps.
Using MDB19 load the 2019 *.db file.
Extract all the tables to CSV files.
Close the 2019 *.db file.

Using MDB19 load the 2020 *.db file.
Import the 2019 CSV tables to the appropriate tables.
Save the db file.

Compiling The Roster
We now need to insert the FBChunks information back into the 2020 roster.

Create a new text file and rename it to COMPROS.CMD.
Open the file with a text editor and add this line:
copy FBChunks.info /B + %1 /B ROSTER-Official_Edit
Save the file.

Now drag and drop the 2020 db file over the COMPROS.CMD file.
It will create a ROSTER-Official_Edit file.

Rename FBChunks.zip to FBChunks.info and place it where the COMPROS.CMD file is.
FBChunks.zip
(62 Bytes) Downloaded 201 times

This is the 2020 roster in a 2019 base roster for Madden AMP.
ROSTER-Official_2020(2019 base).ros
(1.47 MiB) Downloaded 209 times

Sponsor

Sponsor

SGMRock
Veteran

Postby SGMRock » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:34 pm

Thanks for that elguapo, that is a lot of steps. :)

bphit4
Rookie

Postby bphit4 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:19 pm

elguapo wrote:I wasn't able to figure out how to load the 2020 roster directly into Madden Amp but I did figure out a work around. So I'm curious, can Madden 2020 load 2019 roster files?

Yes you can load Madden 20 can load a Madden 19 Roster file and can be played in exhibition but it can not be used for Franchise mode. You get a message saying "Roster can not be imported"

bphit4
Rookie

Postby bphit4 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:04 pm

Also i tried all of those steps for compiling the roster from Madden 19 to make it a madden 20 file and it won't load in Madden 20. Was trying to convert the NCAA19 mod roster file to work in Madden 20. Not sure if I did something wrong or what but I followed each step and it created the ROSTER-Official_Edit file but wouldn't open in Madden 20. Either doesn't work or I did something wrong.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:44 pm

bphit4 wrote:Also i tried all of those steps for compiling the roster from Madden 19 to make it a madden 20 file and it won't load in Madden 20. Was trying to convert the NCAA19 mod roster file to work in Madden 20. Not sure if I did something wrong or what but I followed each step and it created the ROSTER-Official_Edit file but wouldn't open in Madden 20. Either doesn't work or I did something wrong.

Make sure you swap the 2019 roster csv data back into the 2020 roster and then compile the 2020 roster.

For example the 2020 (base 2019) file above, after editing you would use MDB19 to export the tables then load the 2020 roster file, import the exported 2019 csv files, saving and lastly compiling it.

bphit4
Rookie

Postby bphit4 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:48 am

elguapo wrote:
bphit4 wrote:Also i tried all of those steps for compiling the roster from Madden 19 to make it a madden 20 file and it won't load in Madden 20. Was trying to convert the NCAA19 mod roster file to work in Madden 20. Not sure if I did something wrong or what but I followed each step and it created the ROSTER-Official_Edit file but wouldn't open in Madden 20. Either doesn't work or I did something wrong.

Make sure you swap the 2019 roster csv data back into the 2020 roster and then compile the 2020 roster.

For example the 2020 (base 2019) file above, after editing you would use MDB19 to export the tables then load the 2020 roster file, import the exported 2019 csv files, saving and lastly compiling it.

Hey I was able to figure out the problem. This also may help in creating a patch for the editor. EA renamed ONE freaking column on the PLAY table and moving it several columns which threw off the entire database.
If you open up a PLAY.csv file from both M19 and M20 you will find the following in Row 1 Labels.

Column CQ
Madden 19 - PHCL
Madden 20 - TRCL
Column FN
Madden 19 - TRDS
Madden 20 - PLHS

EA moved PHCL to column FN and renamed it PLHS which shifted all content in between to be off by a column. Cut column CQ (PHCL) and insert it in to the FN spot and rename it to PLHS and everything will now line up. Also they added the blank table MRPH. I assume those two things are responsible for the file not loading in the AMP Editor.

Also I took the work around you provided and transformed it in to a Madden 19 Roster to Madden 20 conversion process, zipped it and posted it here.

https://forums.operationsports.com/foru ... 2049854119

All credit goes to you, I only tweaked it and made and instruction file and zipped everything together.
Thanks for your help!

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:02 am

bphit4 wrote:
Hey I was able to figure out the problem. This also may help in creating a patch for the editor. EA renamed ONE freaking column on the PLAY table and moving it several columns which threw off the entire database.
If you open up a PLAY.csv file from both M19 and M20 you will find the following in Row 1 Labels.

Column CQ
Madden 19 - PHCL
Madden 20 - TRCL
Column FN
Madden 19 - TRDS
Madden 20 - PLHS

EA moved PHCL to column FN and renamed it PLHS which shifted all content in between to be off by a column. Cut column CQ (PHCL) and insert it in to the FN spot and rename it to PLHS and everything will now line up. Also they added the blank table MRPH. I assume those two things are responsible for the file not loading in the AMP Editor.

Also I took the work around you provided and transformed it in to a Madden 19 Roster to Madden 20 conversion process, zipped it and posted it here.

https://forums.operationsports.com/foru ... 2049854119

All credit goes to you, I only tweaked it and made and instruction file and zipped everything together.
Thanks for your help!

I'm glad you got it converted.

One side note, Madden Amp and MDDB19 can import CSV fields in any order. It's not necessary to line up the field columns like we used to before. But if you feel comfortable with linein up columns then that's fine too.

SGMRock
Veteran

Postby SGMRock » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:17 pm

I got one I made last year converted to M20 as well and used it in a Cloud Franchise on a 10 year sim with no problems.

Any idea if anyone plans to update AMP for Madden 20? I know Stingray had said he wasn't going to release it anymore but not sure if Cursive or someone else plans to continue the project.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:24 pm

SGMRock wrote:I got one I made last year converted to M20 as well and used it in a Cloud Franchise on a 10 year sim with no problems.

Any idea if anyone plans to update AMP for Madden 20? I know Stingray had said he wasn't going to release it anymore but not sure if Cursive or someone else plans to continue the project.

I'm glad this worked for you guys.

About a patch to Maddden Amp just ask StingRay68 if he can help out. He's always answered my questions and he's always been very helpful. I'm sure its just a minor edit here or there to get Madden Amp to read the 2020 roster. He's probably already knows the answer and is waiting for us to come up with a solution.

SGMRock
Veteran

Postby SGMRock » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:28 pm

elguapo probably so, unfortunately coding is not in my wheelhouse. I'm an electronics and hardware guy myself. I have done a lot of game mods or hacking old saved game files with hex editors and stuff in the past 30 years but never learned to code anything. I'm not sure you can count any script editing or xml editing for mods as coding either :P

I am good at beta testing software though so if someone else can code it I'll test the hell out of it haha.

Honestly I appreciate anyone like Stingray68 and others like him that spend hours making this stuff for the mostly ungrateful public to use. I know I got plenty of flack for not updating my mods on time on places like Steam so I understand why anyone would get tired of doing editors like this one for public consumption.

Return to “Utilities”