Modifying Uniform images QUESTION

Modifying Madden 19
NICK
All-Pro

Postby NICK » Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:31 am

Shout out to all,

I am using Madden 19.

Can someone tell me if the layout of the various uniform images are still using the same format for the newer versions of Madden?

I ask this because I am currently working on a template to modify the jersey Normal and RSM images.

The template I am currently working on is for when the Jersey was simply all mesh or half fabric and half mesh......a simpler time before Nike came into the picture. I am trying to utilize a standard jersey that won't require too much difficulty in building and applying striping templates.

Just so folks know, there is a workaround for dds in png format. I have basically given up trying to deal with the intel works dds plugin after modifying the RSM mapped images.

The key to any Jersey component is the rsm and normal files. The alpha channel to RSM files contain the actual image graphic. What you see in the rgb channel are just the graphic colored in a manner that produces various degrees of reflectivity. The rsm overlay for the most part contains no uniform detail in it except for the collar. In photoshop, the alpha layer is overlayed over the rsm layer and then the overlay layer setting is changed prior to merging the two layers to create the rsm image we all see with detail in the frosty import export window. The background is isolated as it's own layer with it's visibility set to 5%. All Three layers are merged for the final image. When imported into frosty, frosty reads the 5% background as the alpha channel and converts the image to game format that is probably dds. This comes in handy if you want to modify the outer shirt appearance of a jersey to accent certain parts with light reflectivity and texture.

The texture or uniform layout also has to be done for the jersey normal map or a new normal map created.

I'm still working on the template and am proposing possibly making a tutorial on how to use the template and setup these files outside of the intel dds plugin.

Any comments would be appreciated.
JOHN 3:16

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Modding”