Your Thoughts on Madden 19,20,and 21

ron9151
Rookie

Re: Your Thoughts on Madden 19,20,and 21

Postby ron9151 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:00 am

I gave up on Madden in the late 2000's and played NFL 2K5 for awhile. I started playing Madden 08 around 2012 and love it. I tried Madden 19 when it was like 10 bucks and thought it was and branched out to Madden 20 and LOVED it. The X-factor, graphics, and game mechanics are big plus but I do have to say it still isn't as good as Madden 08. If they took the features from 08 and put in 22 with the X-factor abilities, graphics, updated sound tracks etc, it would be a great game.

Negatives about the current franchise... the focus on online gaming vs the backbone of the game. I feel like EA win the battle with 2K sports with the exclusive rights but haven't put out a good product or a product that even rivals NFL 2K5. The estimated cost of the exclusivity could be what is driving the EA cash focus. It seems like EA only responded to the franchise issues when it became a PR nightmare and is being covered everywhere you turn. I very seriously doubt I will purchase anymore Madden games, as long as the community support 08 and 20, I think I am done buying a game that is basically a roster update.

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:56 pm

ron9151 wrote:I gave up on Madden in the late 2000's and played NFL 2K5 for awhile. I started playing Madden 08 around 2012 and love it. I tried Madden 19 when it was like 10 bucks and thought it was and branched out to Madden 20 and LOVED it. The X-factor, graphics, and game mechanics are big plus but I do have to say it still isn't as good as Madden 08. If they took the features from 08 and put in 22 with the X-factor abilities, graphics, updated sound tracks etc, it would be a great game.

Negatives about the current franchise... the focus on online gaming vs the backbone of the game. I feel like EA win the battle with 2K sports with the exclusive rights but haven't put out a good product or a product that even rivals NFL 2K5. The estimated cost of the exclusivity could be what is driving the EA cash focus. It seems like EA only responded to the franchise issues when it became a PR nightmare and is being covered everywhere you turn. I very seriously doubt I will purchase anymore Madden games, as long as the community support 08 and 20, I think I am done buying a game that is basically a roster update.

Honestly, no simulation sports game is worth purchasing anymore, except MAYBE MLB The Show. There's really no competition (technically EA can still make NBA games... but there's basically no competition), and when there's no competition, innovation lags behind. Additionally, all sports sim games, except possibly MLB The Show, have a massive focus on gambling and care about nothing but ripping money from the consumers in order to pad their executives' pockets even more than they already have. Until competition is allowed from multiple sources, and microtransactions and loot boxes are banned or heavily regulated, nothing will change for sports games.

Sports management games are fun though. I've put thousands of hours into the Out of the Park Baseball series.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:07 pm

RevanFan wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:EA Sports should drop Madden from it's gaming titles. Give it back to Tiburon, or maybe 2K Sports can revive it, maybe!

EA Tiburon IS the current developer. Have been all this time. EA Sports is not a developer, it's just EA's sports publishing division. 2K is just as horrible as EA, and it would be just as bad.

Anyway, this video about sums up modern Madden for me. Warning: Language.

I can't see your youtube video on your post. Is that something on my end or is the link invalid?
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:20 pm

Danchat wrote:
RevanFan wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:EA Sports should drop Madden from it's gaming titles. Give it back to Tiburon, or maybe 2K Sports can revive it, maybe!

EA Tiburon IS the current developer. Have been all this time. EA Sports is not a developer, it's just EA's sports publishing division. 2K is just as horrible as EA, and it would be just as bad.

Anyway, this video about sums up modern Madden for me. Warning: Language.

I can't see your youtube video on your post. Is that something on my end or is the link invalid?

Must be your end. I see it fine. You have scripts disabled for this site? Or YouTube? Maybe something to do with third party cookies? I don't actually know, I'm just shooting off ideas haha.
My Cowboys Journal

mike9472
MVP

Postby mike9472 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:53 pm

Video not showing up for me either.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:27 pm

mike9472 wrote:Video not showing up for me either.

Well, it's titled "Madden 21 - Angry Rant" from gaming YouTuber Angry Joe. It's a very long video, and it gets quite loud, but I feel his anger is understandable.
My Cowboys Journal

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:37 am

RevanFan wrote:Honestly, no simulation sports game is worth purchasing anymore, except MAYBE MLB The Show. There's really no competition (technically EA can still make NBA games... but there's basically no competition), and when there's no competition, innovation lags behind. Additionally, all sports sim games, except possibly MLB The Show, have a massive focus on gambling and care about nothing but ripping money from the consumers in order to pad their executives' pockets even more than they already have. Until competition is allowed from multiple sources, and microtransactions and loot boxes are banned or heavily regulated, nothing will change for sports games.

Sports management games are fun though. I've put thousands of hours into the Out of the Park Baseball series.

The Show is a great experience, IMO. A very good, accurate reflection of the sport, and they have steadily improved the game over the last 5-6 years. 20 is without question the best baseball game of all-time. Even with baseballs new ret@rded rules.

I really don't have a problem with pay for content. If that's what it takes to get the experience I want, fine. But, I'm an adult with disposable income. I understand why people feel otherwise.

I've given up on Madden. I can't invest hate or hope in the product anymore. It was a nice run. Really miss it, especially this time of year, but I think I am finally finding some closure.

I really like Out of the Park BB. If they came up with a product that had better viewability (game, manage mode) I could see getting hooked on that. SO much depth though. Its almost intimidating.

Chargerbolt
Pro Bowl

Postby Chargerbolt » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:58 pm

I like it better how in the older Madden you could just throw the ball to a receiver and they catch it or don't. Now, it's not so simple. Any opinions about this particular thing?

I also think the DBs are overpowered. They get interceptions too easily.

NoleFan
Rookie

Postby NoleFan » Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:29 pm

I personally really like them. As I've gotten older (41), I'm more into progression through seasons than all of the depth that I was into in my youth..and for me these latest PC versions are plenty deep enough. I play coach mode and I only coach one side of the ball, supersimming the other, for authenticity since NO coach calls plays on both sides. With their redesigned sim engine (it works for me) I can get into and out of games with realistic stats in a fraction of the time it would take to burn through a 12-minute quarter game on another Madden.

But, I still play older Maddens via PCSX2 and NCAA 06 too. Haha

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:08 am

Madden 20

I LOVE IT !!! Game play is so much intense over M08. Running the ball is harder but once you get the buttons down, bang popping nice gains. Passing... I found just getting timing down 20-30 yard gains become common.

Defensively ..OMG sacks!!! I have been averaging at least 4 a game...a high of 9. Picking off atleast 1 INT a game and force at least 2 turnovers a game

With the 20 and 21 playbooks are so much better and more expanded.

If you can get it ...DO IT !!!
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

Return to “General Discussion”