What's This?

albedarnit
All-Pro

What's This?

Postby albedarnit » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:22 am

Hi everybody! So, I've got my new pc. I'm able to run Madden 20 with high settings at 1080p. I have already started my CPU vs CPU franchise and I am able to watch all the games and all is running perfectly. However, I have noticed in some games I get this this message with white letters on a red background that says Priority Alert. What is that and what do I do if anything?
"Every coach has his own style of play, but when you spend your whole life as a Cowboy, you have to be influenced by what we did." - Tom Landry

What's This?

Sponsor

Sponsor

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Re: What's This?

Postby ultimatum77 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:25 am

You should take a screenshot/picture of it and upload it here....however, just my opinion it sounds like you have some sort of spyware/trojan on your pc. Games should never show "priority alert" it sounds like you may have an infection on your pc. The other thing is depending on your drivers/and hardware your pc may be overheating on the CPU/GPU and the motherboard is screaming at you to put madden at a lower setting because your drivers/hardware are not enough or are outdated (standard windows drivers rather than oems) and your pc is running at max blast but can't handle it without proper configuration.

I would run this software....

https://www.360totalsecurity.com/

It's free (the free edition is more than enough) and it can usually catch most things/tell you if you are infected or not. It's also simple to uninstall as well once your pc is clean (if you prefer another AV or none at all) and it doesn't slow down any games.
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

albedarnit
All-Pro

Re: What's This?

Postby albedarnit » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:38 pm

[quote="ultimatum77"]You should take a screenshot/picture of it and upload it here....however, just my opinion it sounds like you have some sort of spyware/trojan on your pc. Games should never show "priority alert" it sounds like you may have an infection on your pc. The other thing is depending on your drivers/and hardware your pc may be overheating on the CPU/GPU and the motherboard is screaming at you to put madden at a lower setting because your drivers/hardware are not enough or are outdated (standard windows drivers rather than oems) and your pc is running at max blast but can't handle it without proper configuration.

I would run this software....

https://www.360totalsecurity.com/

It's free (the free edition is more than enough) and it can usually catch most things/tell you if you are infected or not. It's also simple to uninstall as well once your pc is clean (if you prefer another AV or none at all) and it doesn't slow down any games.[/quote

Oh boy.... I'm sorry ultimatum. I was never good at explaining things. That priority alert message is actually a part of the game. It's an alert for the coach/owner of a team. I was just wondering if anyone else had this happen. I run all the teams in a cpu vs cpu franchise. :oops:
"Every coach has his own style of play, but when you spend your whole life as a Cowboy, you have to be influenced by what we did." - Tom Landry

Return to “General Discussion”