Controlling AI vs. AI matches

edwardsjethro
Rookie

Postby edwardsjethro » Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:20 am

Hello all, apologies if this is the incorrect board, I've lurked for a while.

I am looking to see if there are any tools or methods to control AI v AI matches' timeout and challenge flags for them. I tried to look through the regular FAQ-style posts on the modding boards but could not find any tool that struck out as being capable of doing that.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Re: Controlling AI vs. AI matches

Postby Danchat » Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:33 pm

edwardsjethro wrote:Hello all, apologies if this is the incorrect board, I've lurked for a while.

I am looking to see if there are any tools or methods to control AI v AI matches' timeout and challenge flags for them. I tried to look through the regular FAQ-style posts on the modding boards but could not find any tool that struck out as being capable of doing that.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks.

I have yet to see any modifications to CPU AI and I've been around here quite some time. I'd be interested in that as I've written logic for timeout logic before for a football simulation.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

Raston
MVP

Postby Raston » Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:00 am

I haven't seen any and I've been around awhile too. It would be nice since I play coach mode.

TheRareButter
MVP

Postby TheRareButter » Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:55 pm

I don't know about challenges and timeouts but most of the AI is controlled by either playbooks or coach strategy/aggressiveness. My playbooks were made with CPU vs CPU in mind.

For the timeouts and challenges, I'd google something like "Coach strategy and aggressiveness attributes site:www.footballidiot.com", I'm sure there's been a study that has found some evidence on what causes them to happen.

Return to “General Discussion”