Change of direction and overall game speed

JordanLoveIsMyHomie
Veteran

Postby JordanLoveIsMyHomie » Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:50 pm

First of all, just want to say overall, between the mods and effort EA used to put into the game, its probably the most fun modded game I've played so far. The franchise mode is so in depth and Calhoun's scripts with rule updates and what not just knock this game out of the park overall. I do have two thoughts that are kind of on the negative end. Posting in hopes someone knows of any modding software that can help play around with settings that would effect these issues.

The overall game speed and change of direction. Personally, I think the game speed is a bit too fast. All the animations and inputs feel a bit "snappy". This "snappiness" makes the game unfold visually in a way that makes the play hard to appreciate. When I found an open receiver and throw the ball, sometimes it feels like the ball just teleports to the receiver. You dont really get a chance to watch the ball fly through the air. This isn't true when throwing deep routes (I think the deep ball in this game is a thing of beauty), but those short and intermediate routes where you go with the "bullet pass" just happen too quickly. Also just player animations and overall interactions. Everything just feels like it happens super quick. Not sure if there is any way to mod or slow down the game speed?

As for change of direction, it feels a bit... sluggish? I'm not saying I want change of direction to work like 2k where you can just instantly snap back and forth between the direction you're running, but 08 seems to bend too far the other way where I feel like the players have no ability to cut. I understand if you have a player full sprinting, the cut/change of direction should never be instant, but even when I'm handing the ball off and trying to navigate through the hole, it feels like the player models take forever to respond to the change of direction. And when they do respond, its like this long developing slow movement. Again, not sure if there is a mod to help with that.

Curios to hear other peoples thoughts on these. I could be way off base, I'm no expert on these things just a couple of items that aren't sitting quite right with me so was curious to hear some feedback.

Respectfully as always,

MrCheques

Sponsor

Sponsor

Theov
MVP

Re: Change of direction and overall game speed

Postby Theov » Sat Aug 26, 2023 1:37 pm

You are right about the CoD.
You can not slalom through the defenders. You will have to use the juke move and the truck stick for that.

The ball does go fast on short passes, but by the time the ball arrives you should already be looking upfield :shock: :lol:
No signature needed.

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Re: Change of direction and overall game speed

Postby Rixster67r » Sat Aug 26, 2023 3:40 pm

Return to “General Discussion”