Russell Wilson

Kyote
Pro Bowl

Re: Russell Wilson

Postby Kyote » Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:54 am

Yep, I agree, hand the ball to Lynch. Wow, still can't believe how that game ended.

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:12 pm

AaronS wrote:Unquestionably the best QB in franchise history
Should have 2 Titles (and if that happened, they never would have traded him..)
But most out here think, since everything about him was so carefully crafted and contrived, that he was a total phony.

Its just bizarre.

I mean, just comparing him to Hasselbeck.. nowhere near as good a QB. But overwhelmingly likable. Universally loved out here. Nobody would call him fake, or any of the things they say about Russ.

I really don't want to be "that guy", but there's also a chance that at least a small part of that comes from the fact that black quarterbacks have pretty much always been treated worse than white quarterbacks, and have often been pigeonholed into stereotypes, whether they fit them or not.

Russell Wilson is objectively a MUCH better player than Hasselbeck. Anyone who says otherwise is blind. And anyone who says he is "fake" or "phony" or a "one trick" quarterback is an idiot, frankly. He's at a point in his career where he is definitely not what he once was, but he's still good, and I think when all is said and done he'll be in the Hall of Fame.
My Historic Cowboys Teams - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=240
My Cowboys Journal - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3610
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a New Yorker born and raised.

Theov
MVP

Postby Theov » Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:19 am

AaronS wrote:Unquestionably the best QB in franchise history
Should have 2 Titles (and if that happened, they never would have traded him..)
But most out here think, since everything about him was so carefully crafted and contrived, that he was a total phony.

Its just bizarre.

I am not saying he is, byt the one (being a good qb) does not exclude the other (being a phony)
No signature needed.

AaronS
MVP

Postby AaronS » Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:55 am

RevanFan wrote:Russell Wilson is objectively a MUCH better player than Hasselbeck. Anyone who says otherwise is blind. And anyone who says he is "fake" or "phony" or a "one trick" quarterback is an idiot, frankly. He's at a point in his career where he is definitely not what he once was, but he's still good, and I think when all is said and done he'll be in the Hall of Fame.

It will be interesting to see what Denver thinks of him after a few years. He's not nearly as popular in Seattle as you would think a franchise QB would be. Or a guy that brought home their first Title.

If he doesn't win another Championship I don't see him getting into the HOF. By the time Eli, Brees and Ben get in, Russ' numbers aren't going to look that great. Rivers and Matty Ice aren't likely to get in, and thats most likley where Russ will land. I don't think 1 Title will do it for Russ.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:26 pm

AaronS wrote:
RevanFan wrote:Russell Wilson is objectively a MUCH better player than Hasselbeck. Anyone who says otherwise is blind. And anyone who says he is "fake" or "phony" or a "one trick" quarterback is an idiot, frankly. He's at a point in his career where he is definitely not what he once was, but he's still good, and I think when all is said and done he'll be in the Hall of Fame.

It will be interesting to see what Denver thinks of him after a few years. He's not nearly as popular in Seattle as you would think a franchise QB would be. Or a guy that brought home their first Title.

If he doesn't win another Championship I don't see him getting into the HOF. By the time Eli, Brees and Ben get in, Russ' numbers aren't going to look that great. Rivers and Matty Ice aren't likely to get in, and thats most likley where Russ will land. I don't think 1 Title will do it for Russ.

There are many QB's with only one SB win that are not in the HOF nor will ever get voted in. But because the voting is done by broadcasters and sports news writers, one can never be sure of who will eventually get voted in. If Eli stank-ass Manning gets in, then every mediocre QB that has one SB win will eventually get voted in, including Russ.

There are only four QB's in the HOF with no SB wins. Guys like Rivers are not of that elite class and should not be recognized as HOF material.

If Russ gets voted in after he's done, it will have zero to do with how many SB wins he has, but his body of work for his career. Unfortunately for Russ, his body of work is solid, good but not stellar.

The next few seasons in Denver will dictate whether Russell get's the votes or not. Getting to the playoffs and win a few playoff games will surely help his cause. But another SB win should not be the main reason why he doesn't get in the HOF.

Theov
MVP

Postby Theov » Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:02 am

MikeWest502 wrote:
AaronS wrote:

There are many QB's with only one SB win that are not in the HOF nor will ever get voted in. But because the voting is done by broadcasters and sports news writers, one can never be sure of who will eventually get voted in. If Eli stank-ass Manning gets in, then every mediocre QB that has one SB win will eventually get voted in, including Russ.

There are only four QB's in the HOF with no SB wins. Guys like Rivers are not of that elite class and should not be recognized as HOF material.

If Russ gets voted in after he's done, it will have zero to do with how many SB wins he has, but his body of work for his career. Unfortunately for Russ, his body of work is solid, good but not stellar.

The next few seasons in Denver will dictate whether Russell get's the votes or not. Getting to the playoffs and win a few playoff games will surely help his cause. But another SB win should not be the main reason why he doesn't get in the HOF.

Not that Eli should be in the HOF, but he has 2 rings, not one.
No signature needed.

AaronS
MVP

Postby AaronS » Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:20 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:There are many QB's with only one SB win that are not in the HOF nor will ever get voted in. But because the voting is done by broadcasters and sports news writers, one can never be sure of who will eventually get voted in. If Eli stank-ass Manning gets in, then every mediocre QB that has one SB win will eventually get voted in, including Russ.

I think it is ridiculous how much weight a Ring carries. A team accomplishment shouldn't play such a big role regarding an honor for individual achievement. But I don't see it changing any time soon.

At least Rings aren't as ridiculous as Kurt Warner getting in beacuse the start of his career played out like a Hollywood movie script. Just ludicrous.

Eli is getting in. Those 2 wins against Brady guarantee it. Rivers was a better QB. So is Matt Ryan. I feel for those guys. I'd lump Roethlisberger in with this group also. Never the best at their position at any point, but racked up absurd numbers due to the era they played in.

.. I'm caring less and less though. Fact is, I'll never visit Canton. Why should I gripe about who has a metal likeness of themselves sitting there?

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:50 pm

Theov wrote:Not that Eli should be in the HOF, but he has 2 rings, not one.

I am aware of that, but that's not the point I was on.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:14 am

AaronS wrote:

I find it ridiculous also that SB rings affect whether a QB may or may not get voted in, but no other position. I think Russ is about close to Ken Stabler and will probably get voted in later. He's got time to improve his legacy. And because the NFL doesn't care about player's off the field screwups Ray Lewis murder charges or drug addict M.Irving stabbing teammates with scissors, like MLB many undeserving players waltz in. So again, one can never be too sure.

Theov
MVP

Postby Theov » Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:08 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:
Theov wrote:Not that Eli should be in the HOF, but he has 2 rings, not one.

I am aware of that, but that's not the point I was on.

Oh, I misunderstand this part then:
MikeWest502 wrote:If Eli stank-ass Manning gets in, then every mediocre QB that has one SB win will eventually get voted in, including Russ.
No signature needed.

Return to “General Discussion”