How do you guys balance 32-team control?

Mike Lowe
Pro Bowl

Postby Mike Lowe » Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:15 pm

From what I have been reading (thank you for all of the suggestions thus far), it seems the vast majority are using 32-team control. That's fine, even though I prefer to only keep tabs on my team.

So that's my question I guess, how can I best use 32-team control to handle some elements and emergencies, but also allow the CPU to make their own team building and competitive moves?

For example, I'm at the start of RogerJinx's new 2021 franchise file with 18 weeks, and I'm ready to sign a FA for some depth...but will the CPU make similar moves? If so, when?

I guess I'm looking for more clarification on how to get the CPU teams to be at the most competitive while also letting them do their own thing too.

Sponsor

Sponsor

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Re: How do you guys balance 32-team control?

Postby MikeWest502 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:15 pm

You do it one team at a time. Don't rush through. Make the players with better ratings starters, but make sure to do sub's for a few of the formations so the lower rated players get enough reps to improve and get progression points. Ex. If a team's playbooks has 4 Singleback formations make sure the RB2 is assigned to at least one of them. That way he gets reps when those plays are called and he doesn't have to wait until RB1 gets tired to get in the game. Do that for all positions for offense and defense.

When I do franchise play, I do go through the gameplan, Focus plays. That help's. It gives the players an AI boost and they play smarter because they recognize the what their opponents are doing during the games. I don't know if that works if you sim the games. It's a process.

There are a couple of franchise guides posted here on site that have great ideas also.

Edit: I don't allow the cpu to pickup FA's or make trades. The Ai is bad to say the least.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:14 am

Honestly, I mostly follow my own team. The reason I control all 32 teams is so I can prevent them from doing something ridiculously stupid like using six fullbacks and four punters.

Yes... that's something I have actually seen.

I remove control before going into the offseason, as I find some of the offseason is a bit weird if you try to control all 32 teams but still let the CPU sign players and make trades.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Theov
MVP

Postby Theov » Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:23 pm

TL:DR
I control all teams at the first FA signing before the draft and skip this FA period completely, so they dont fill their holes with FAs.

Then during the draft, I let the AI do that. Then I sign all the rookies for them for good contracts and extend or cut veterans based on who was drafted.
Then make a trade here or there if necessary.
ThenI let the AI do the final FA signing to fill the rosters.
The run some minicamp drills for every team to boist their skills.
I do fully control my own team though.

Parrity and specialty are what I look for. If some team has 3 good dsfensisve linemen I might give them another 4th one for emphasis. Or pair 2 safeties and CBs together to make a lethal combo.

All players named Brown are traded to and signed by the Browns.
No signature needed.

Return to “General Discussion”