Regain your interest in Madden 08

d36williams
Veteran

Re: Regain your interest in Madden 08

Postby d36williams » Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:03 pm

I'm reading this realizing I'm not good enough as a player to take these reductions and win. Here's some of the limits I'm doing.
In franchise mode, the biggest issue is accepting trades on draft day. I've been offered a 6th pick over all for the 32nd and 64th. That is a ridiculous trade. Once I was offered a 28th pick overall for 2 4th rounders. If you accept these trades you will be plundering talent from the rest of the NFL.

I feel like trades of players for Draft Picks before the draft are mostly acceptable. You also have to use one of the Madden Editors to make sure Player Progression is turned off in the playoffs. The playoffs if they still have player progression can radically boost a small group of teams and turn them into eternal champions type stuff because they are so far ahead on the Awareness curve. I turn those off and add one or two to the regular season.

* accept no trades during the actual draft
* turn off player progression in the play offs with an editor
* I still lose games now and then. The radical difference in challenge between a home playoff game and an away playoff game is a challenge I'm trying to avoid
* You can also play this game with an entirely virtualized game experience where you are just a play caller. I've not really done that but I think it's an interesting challenge. You can also play as pure GM and simulate every game.
* Using a Madden Editor lower the ever growing salary cap to force good players to migrate

Re: Regain your interest in Madden 08

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “General Discussion”