Why does All Madden cheat like this in every Madden?

ram29jackson
Pro Bowl

Re: Why does All Madden cheat like this in every Madden?

Postby ram29jackson » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:41 pm

Theov wrote:
ram29jackson wrote:Feels scripted? Of course it's scripted. It's a ea video game. They do that.

You're giving EA too much credit here.

Well sir, it's been discussed and shown on youtube videos for years now.
Animations are locked in various situations and catch up logic has always been there.
But at least the ps2 versions are more fun for me again.
Mostly ncaa. But I will get madden 08 and 04 soon.

At least 2001 to 2004, madden players didn't look and run around like bricks with legs. The ncaa players look more fluid.,although kind of small and kiddy like.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:08 pm

I know this is a bit of a necro-bump, but I tried All-Madden in Madden 08 for the first time... and I wanted to rant on it a bit. The reputation the mode has is 100% justified. Examples of how the game straight-up cheats:

#1 - DBs will suddenly stop covering. This happens on All-Pro sometimes, but the degree of it is astonishing. A CB will suddenly start slowly walking the opposite direction of the WR he's covering for no reason.

#2 - DBs will suddenly lose 30 speed. 95 spd CBs will be routinely outrun by 85 spd WRs. And it's vice versa - I documented a 82 spd LB catching a wide open 92 spd WR out in the open field, when there should have been no way even if the LB was 92 spd.

#3 - Sometimes your defenders will just refuse to tackle a guy and will just stand there

#4 - CPU defense will make unbelievable pass knockdowns. This will include DBs sliding across the field without moving their feet to get in perfect position to break up a play.

#5 - Your WRs and TEs will not "attack the ball" when thrown to, and will wait until the ball reaches them. This leads to many interceptions simply because the DB makes a jump towards the ball, and the receiver simply sits there and waits when he easily could have made a contested catch.

#6 - Tackles will occasionally phase through CPU players. On a runaway play, you will find that when you dive to tackle the guy, your player's arm will phase through the CPU guy's leg/body without impacting him.

#7 - There were a couple rare instances where CPU receivers would catch passes even though my DBs had a hand in there. The DB's hand literally phased through the football and the receiver's hands.

Oh, I found an example:

So yeah, just wanted to go off about that. Don't play on All-Madden unless you want an unfair challenge!
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

Theov
MVP

Postby Theov » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:31 am

Congratulations on making the next step!!
What did you play? Franchise? What was the level of your team and the cpu's team?

Yeah, the lower the AWR the worse a defender responds to change of direction of the receiver.
(And the more he will bite on playfakes)

#2 my rule of thumb is to add about 10% to the speed of defenders you face.
If you have a 99 spd receiver, he will outrun sub90 SPD DBs. But I have never seen sub90 spd dbs keep up.
Yes, scouting the opponent is important at All Madden.

#3 awr (or a lack of it) is amplified on All Madden. Tbh, I dont see many 'staring' defenders.

#4 yeah they slide into position, and sometimes defenders make some big steps to the ball.
Dont enable 'extended catching' in your Calhoupe scripts; ai defenders will make crazy catches.

#5 what routes are you talking about here? If they are hitch routes: yes. Avoid those at all cost. Only in rare situations (zone coverage) will that route be open.
Much better to throw out routes. As a rough guess I would say more than 50% of my passes are either outs or go routes.

#6 is this an All Madden problem though, or just a graphics problem?

#7 yes, high CTH receivers will catch passes like that.

Sure, All Madden is a challenge, and perhaps an unfair challenge, but it is not that bad as its reputation tells you it is. I would rather have an unfair challenge than no challenge

All Madden is still easily beatable if you have a few good players. After a few games you'll be used to it and you find ways to beat it.
Low AWR cpu defenders will still bite on playfakes on 3rd and short. QBs will still throw lame ducks when pressured and the Cpu play calling logic is still the same.

Good luck!!
No signature needed.

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:23 pm

All-Pro plays a decent game, at the end of the day, not a great challenge. All-Madden may be more challenging, but its offensive to me to be subjected to that absolute bull crap.

Third rate gameplay, for a passionate fanbase that deserved better.

Thats the only story here.

Theov
MVP

Postby Theov » Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:19 pm

AaronS wrote:All-Pro plays a decent game, at the end of the day, not a great challenge. All-Madden may be more challenging, but its offensive to me to be subjected to that absolute bull crap.

Third rate gameplay, for a passionate fanbase that deserved better.

Thats the only story here.

It's an old game.
I think you guys are exaggerating on how bad All Madden is. Yeah it cheats. So?
No signature needed.

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:25 pm

Theov wrote:It's an old game.

The premise is completely flawed.

Would you accept your bank cheating you out of money? Your employer?
Would you accept your spouse/significant other cheating on you?

We wouldn't invest energy into this game, or the conversation in general, if we had a worthwhile football game worth playing.

Theov
MVP

Postby Theov » Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:50 am

AaronS wrote:

The premise is completely flawed.

Would you accept your bank cheating you out of money? Your employer?
Would you accept your spouse/significant other cheating on you?

We wouldn't invest energy into this game, or the conversation in general, if we had a worthwhile football game worth playing.

your analogy is completely flawed
Would you take the black slopes on a mountain slope after you take the red slopes? Would you go to high school after you've completed middle school?
No, I'd dump her like a brick, but that's not the same. The fair question would be, would you like your girlfriend to be the same and without any spice, or would you like it if she spiced it up a bit and gets kinky on Saturdays.

There's no alternative really. Unless you get 2k5 or 2k8.
No signature needed.

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:01 am

There is no alternative.

And that is truly sad.

Enjoy your game...............................................................

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:35 am

AaronS wrote:

The premise is completely flawed. :o

Would you accept your bank cheating you out of money? Your employer? :shock:
Would you accept your spouse/significant other cheating on you? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Too funny! :P I don't think EA is so different from any other game maker. If you put any game on the most difficult level of play, you're left screaming at the PC, taking the whipping or hitting reset for another go! The next play through will be at the normal difficulty setting where your chances are better!

Every game's most extreme difficulty level is the most challenging but you can win if you out smart the cpu ai. In Madden most guys go through it until they find and run "money plays" that even the All-Madden difficulty ai setting can't stop! What a relief!

And no, I don't want the wife going astray (too late) or the bank continually charging service fees stealing my hard earned cash until it's all their money (too late for that also) and the employer better not short my checks, because I need to pay the bank for all of the fees they charge for holding my money! :lol: :lol:

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:50 am

MikeWest502 wrote:Every game's most extreme difficulty level is the most challenging but you can win if you out smart the cpu ai. In Madden most guys go through it until they find and run "money plays" that even the All-Madden difficulty ai setting can't stop! What a relief!

Its rewarding if I beat Red Dead, or GTA on the highest difficulty level.

All-Madden feels like I just dropped my life savings at a brothel...

You're right though. Difficulty level is the only objective way to look at this. But its just so disheartening to think about simple ideas that could have been implemented, such as those 2k put in over the years, in comparison to EA, whose solution was to just bump up player ratings to 127.

Return to “General Discussion”