Superstar development?

TheRareButter
MVP

Superstar development?

Postby TheRareButter » Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:58 pm

I've had 2 superstar careers where I've played well but had attributes go down regardless. In one I won rookie of the year, QB of the year, lead the league in TDs and yards but lost overall and got benched for a rookie the following season.

Are practices required for development? What the issue?

Superstar development?

Sponsor

Sponsor

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Re: Superstar development?

Postby Danchat » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:55 pm

TheRareButter wrote:I've had 2 superstar careers where I've played well but had attributes go down regardless. In one I won rookie of the year, QB of the year, lead the league in TDs and yards but lost overall and got benched for a rookie the following season.

Did this new QB have a higher OVR than your QB? If it was similar to yours, it's possible your QB was outplayed in the preseason and thus benched (I do believe that Position Battles still occur in Superstar), but you should be able to manually edit your team's depth chart to make you the starter.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

TheRareButter
MVP

Postby TheRareButter » Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:52 am

Danchat wrote:
TheRareButter wrote:I've had 2 superstar careers where I've played well but had attributes go down regardless. In one I won rookie of the year, QB of the year, lead the league in TDs and yards but lost overall and got benched for a rookie the following season.

Did this new QB have a higher OVR than your QB? If it was similar to yours, it's possible your QB was outplayed in the preseason and thus benched (I do believe that Position Battles still occur in Superstar), but you should be able to manually edit your team's depth chart to make you the starter.

Yes his overall was better than mine, buts what i'm talking about though. I led the league in TDs and yards and didn't improve any. Are attributes limited to roles?

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:39 am

TheRareButter wrote:
Danchat wrote:

Yes his overall was better than mine, buts what i'm talking about though. I led the league in TDs and yards and didn't improve any. Are attributes limited to roles?

Roles do give bonuses, but I'd chalk it up to poor progression on Madden's end. Your player should, at the very least, get a decent AWR boost after a season like that. I'd be tempted to give the boost manually via an editor.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

Return to “General Discussion”