Madden Xtreme DB Editor Discussion Thread

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Re: Madden Xtreme DB Editor Discussion Thread

Postby MikeWest502 » Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:24 pm

elguapo wrote:
Are the team ratings just cosmetic and have no bearing on the game outcome? On the preview exe you can see on the team header the ratings as they are on the team table and on the ratings on the bottom the offense is based on the QBs+RBs+OLs+WRs / 4 and the defense is based on the Special Teams+LBs+DLs+DBs / 4. The overall rating is based on the offense+defense / 2.

The all time and europe teams are almost a match from the ratings above and below but some of the NFL teams are way off.

So what do you guys think, does the team ratings have any affect on the game and should the editor correct the ratings based on the bottom half ratings?

https://www.mediafire.com/file/b2wlh77lhvpozs9/MXDBEpreview2.zip/file

The Team OVR Rating are not cosmetic numbers. They do represent how well teams will perform. Teams with higher ovr normally have more higher rated players. They win more. Playing against cpu opponents with higher team ovr will give more of a challenge. They make more plays, called for less penalties and will normally have better win-loss record than teams with lower ovr.

I did a breakdown before with the custom team types that had more detailed data. This is a sample. The other report has the exact number of players within ovr ranges 90-99, 80-89 etc.

Team Type OVR
All-Madden 93: has 14 players rated 90 or above. W-L record 13-3, 14-2 in custom franchise.
Air it Out 80: has 2 players rated 90 or above. W-L 12-4, 11-5, few 10-6.
Smashmouth 79: Higher rated player on OL,DL,RB, others are good to average. W-L 10-6, 9-7
Balanced 78: Number of players with highest ovr equal on offense and defense. W-L 8-8, 7-9,6-10
Strong Offense 78: Higher number of better rated players on offense. W-L Same as above
Strong Defense 78: Higher number of better rated players on defense. W-L same as Balanced also.
CupCake 61 - No players rated above 76. W-L record normally 3-13, 4-12.

The calculations you're using won't give you an exact or correct team ovr number. You may be 1-4 points off using your calculation. I don't think the special teams rating plays a role in team's ovr either. I am sure the teams ovr are calculated only using offense/defense numbers rounded up or down .5.

Sponsor

Sponsor

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:03 am

MikeWest502 wrote:
elguapo wrote:
Are the team ratings just cosmetic and have no bearing on the game outcome? On the preview exe you can see on the team header the ratings as they are on the team table and on the ratings on the bottom the offense is based on the QBs+RBs+OLs+WRs / 4 and the defense is based on the Special Teams+LBs+DLs+DBs / 4. The overall rating is based on the offense+defense / 2.

The all time and europe teams are almost a match from the ratings above and below but some of the NFL teams are way off.

So what do you guys think, does the team ratings have any affect on the game and should the editor correct the ratings based on the bottom half ratings?

https://www.mediafire.com/file/b2wlh77lhvpozs9/MXDBEpreview2.zip/file

The Team OVR Rating are not cosmetic numbers. They do represent how well teams will perform. Teams with higher ovr normally have more higher rated players. They win more. Playing against cpu opponents with higher team ovr will give more of a challenge. They make more plays, called for less penalties and will normally have better win-loss record than teams with lower ovr.

I did a breakdown before with the custom team types that had more detailed data. This is a sample. The other report has the exact number of players within ovr ranges 90-99, 80-89 etc.

Team Type OVR
All-Madden 93: has 14 players rated 90 or above. W-L record 13-3, 14-2 in custom franchise.
Air it Out 80: has 2 players rated 90 or above. W-L 12-4, 11-5, few 10-6.
Smashmouth 79: Higher rated player on OL,DL,RB, others are good to average. W-L 10-6, 9-7
Balanced 78: Number of players with highest ovr equal on offense and defense. W-L 8-8, 7-9,6-10
Strong Offense 78: Higher number of better rated players on offense. W-L Same as above
Strong Defense 78: Higher number of better rated players on defense. W-L same as Balanced also.
CupCake 61 - No players rated above 76. W-L record normally 3-13, 4-12.

The calculations you're using won't give you an exact or correct team ovr number. You may be 1-4 points off using your calculation. I don't think the special teams rating plays a role in team's ovr either. I am sure the teams ovr are calculated only using offense/defense numbers rounded up or down .5.

I went over to Madden Amp and noticed another field that might give an edge to a team. I think it was the TREP field. (I think I added it to the latest preview of mxdbe)

When I sim a franchise I noticed the Patriots almost always making the playoffs. I swapped the values for the cowboys and the Patriots and then the cowboys started making the playoffs more often. It wasn't an in depth test so I'm still not 100% if that's the case.

If I didn't delete the preview exe I'll upload to make it easy to swap the team values.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:18 pm

elguapo wrote:
I went over to Madden Amp and noticed another field that might give an edge to a team. I think it was the TREP field. (I think I added it to the latest preview of mxdbe)

When I sim a franchise I noticed the Patriots almost always making the playoffs. I swapped the values for the cowboys and the Patriots and then the cowboys started making the playoffs more often. It wasn't an in depth test so I'm still not 100% if that's the case.

If I didn't delete the preview exe I'll upload to make it easy to swap the team values.

That field may be the Team Reputation field, similar to the Prestige.

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:58 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:
elguapo wrote:

Yep. TREP is Team Reputation. The biggest effect I've seen from it is how likely are free agents to sign with you. A team with low TREP will need a bigger offer to lure a free agent compared to a high TREP team. I think it might also affect player morale on the team, but this one I'm not completely sure. I actually did a research about what increases or decreases TREP. Basically, the more a team screws up, the lower TREP goes, the harder it becomes for them to get premium FAs, rinse and repeat. A classic EA positive feedback loop.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:58 am

jose21crisis wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:

Yep. TREP is Team Reputation. The biggest effect I've seen from it is how likely are free agents to sign with you. A team with low TREP will need a bigger offer to lure a free agent compared to a high TREP team. I think it might also affect player morale on the team, but this one I'm not completely sure. I actually did a research about what increases or decreases TREP. Basically, the more a team screws up, the lower TREP goes, the harder it becomes for them to get premium FAs, rinse and repeat. A classic EA positive feedback loop.

Playing the PS2 version I also noticed that players have an associated rating the determines if they even care about a team's reputation. Some players only care about the money. And as long as a team can pay them what they ask for, they don't mind playing for losers. And I've seen that in the real NFL where a player is on a super bowl contender, but signs a big contract with a very weak team the following season.

If you play the Madden Superstar mode, there's a "Lone Wolf" role designated for selfish players, who complains often, only play for themselves, stats, money and does not care if the team wins or loses.

TheRareButter
MVP

Postby TheRareButter » Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:31 pm

elguapo wrote:The code started getting messy again and I had to redo the GUI part. Not all is lost since I can copy and paste most of what was completed.

I started on the uniform settings just to do something different.

If you want to edit a uniform settings like shoulder numbers and if the uniform is a white or colored jersey this will be a big help. The created uniforms feature does not edit the settings.

You will need a copy of the streameddata.db and the extracted db_templates12.db. open MXDBE, open a roster, select the team tab, it will ask for the db files mentioned above, wait until the team list is populated, select the uniforms tab, select a team, select a uniform and edit the uniform settings. To save the changes exit the db editor and import the db_templates12.db file in the DAT file.

The only other working function is the Team select tab where you can edit the default team select teams in exhibition mode.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/jiqj17niy59lq1u/MXDB_alt.zip/file

Untitled-1.jpg

Where can i find db_templates12.db? Extract it from the FF/FI mods db templates?

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:06 am

TheRareButter wrote:
elguapo wrote:The code started getting messy again and I had to redo the GUI part. Not all is lost since I can copy and paste most of what was completed.

I started on the uniform settings just to do something different.

If you want to edit a uniform settings like shoulder numbers and if the uniform is a white or colored jersey this will be a big help. The created uniforms feature does not edit the settings.

You will need a copy of the streameddata.db and the extracted db_templates12.db. open MXDBE, open a roster, select the team tab, it will ask for the db files mentioned above, wait until the team list is populated, select the uniforms tab, select a team, select a uniform and edit the uniform settings. To save the changes exit the db editor and import the db_templates12.db file in the DAT file.

The only other working function is the Team select tab where you can edit the default team select teams in exhibition mode.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/jiqj17niy59lq1u/MXDB_alt.zip/file

Untitled-1.jpg

Where can i find db_templates12.db? Extract it from the FF/FI mods db templates?

Depending on what mod the roster is based from but yes extract the 12th file from the db templates dat file. If a mod comes with a db templates dat file then use that file.

Madden 04 and 05 use db templates file #10. I don't know which file number it is for 06 or for head coach.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:09 am

What I've done so far...

https://youtu.be/Bg_iDkIT5Lk
https://youtu.be/

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ijcaw4xdp6x1z2p/MXDBEp.zip/file

Edit:. One other important thing is that if you're going to work on a different roster, exit MXDBE (close) and restart it and then open a roster.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:30 am

I have the team swap for franchise working but I still need to do more tests. Testing it with the default roster I swapped the main 32 teams with the All Time Teams. When creating the franchise the coaches were not transferred but importing a previous COCH franchise table the franchise ran without issues.

Created teams (TTYP =5) are automatically swapped for current teams (TTYP =0) and after the franchise is created you will need to switch the created teams back to (TTYP = 5).

Teams must be franchise ready meaning the team should have 4 coaches, uniforms, roster size, depth chart, correct number of positions filled...etc

https://www.mediafire.com/file/bf21qwbbfqk3meo/MXDBE_ALT.7z/file

Edit:
This version swaps the teams a bit faster.

The TOID field is adjusted to 33 if it is higher than 33. That will keep the 3D fans from having missing torsos.

Manually adjust the FRID field to 55 to display the generic EA Sports banner if your team reaches the Superbowl.

Madden will create a franchise file even if a team has one coach. You will need to edit the franchise to include four coaches per team. (Head coach, offensive coach, defensive coach and special teams coach)

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:42 pm

After doing some tests with created teams I noticed that created team stadiums appear with missing stadium stands.

This "problem" used to appear when using MadWolf to swap teams but it appears to be a bug in Madden. This is probably why Madden didn't have this option when porting it from the console version.

When MXDBE swaps teams it only swaps the fields in the TEAM table, it never touches any other table. When Madden builds the franchise it copies the main 32 teams into the franchise file where copying the created stadium errors are created or maybe it's done on purpose to keep you from using the created teams in franchise mode. If you bought Madden PC because you saw the console version had this option then Madden just false advertised and ripped you off.

I have the USFL added to the roster, no TPFs yet, and will add the rest of the X mod teams and release the roster. Then gradually release the TPFs for each league.

Edit:
Look at the previous post for an update.

Return to “General Discussion”