Madden Series Research

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Madden Series Research

Postby MikeWest502 » Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:44 am

I'm a big Madden Fan. I have purchased 98% of the Madden PC titles. During the 90's I purchased every Madden made for Sega Genisis Console. I have Madden 08-11 on PS2 and Madden 08 on XBox 360.

I have come to the conclusion that EA Sports has failed in delivering a top quality football game. I believe that all gamers purchased Madden not because it is the best, but because it was the "only" game in town. And because EA Sports had the total market share, they were/are able to deliver faulty programming, outdated animations and poor game AI year after year.

Instead of labeling them Madden XX, they should just label them midgrade patches. Madden 08 should be labelled Madden 06c. Madden 11 should be labelled Madden 08F Final Version since Madden 12 was moved to the new gen console PS3.

Madden NFL 06 has the same player models, same textures, same playbooks and stadium graphics as Madden NFL 11 PS2. For the player models, the cleats were never upgraded. The playbooks received minimal play updates and many plays are simply renamed from 06-11.

Also, many people loved the next- gen player roles and attributes. The so-called attributes date back to NFL Head Coach 06 player attributes. While the player roles remained exactly the same from 08-11.

It was reported that Madden's kicking/punting programming was faulty in 08, shanked punt syndrome. Well, it turns out that the same faulty programming made it's way into Madden 11 PS2. Shank fest continued.

You'd think that with all the money EA Sports generated, they would have delivered the best football game ever. Nope, they just delivered a football game. Because it's licensed by the NFL, is the sole reason many gamers even purchase the game.

The biggest reason for this analysis is I read that Madden NFL 22 only added 300 new plays that were not in Madden NFL 21. Now many may say 300 is a lot, but it's really not when you divide the 32 by 300 and come up with 9.375. So each team in Madden 22 only received 9 or fewer new plays to use in the game. 300 ir ruoghly the size of a single team's offensive playbook.

Madden 22 also mentioned that GM's can now hire/fire assistant coaches (again). That's a repeat from Madden 11.

The same exact music that is in Madden NFL 08 is still used in Madden NFL 11, 3 years later. Overrall it's been underwhelming and misses the bar it claims to set.

Madden 19 was God aweful plain garbage. Madden 20 was a total overhaul of 19. It was a refreshing hope of things to come. But Madden 21 and 22 just seem to be patch upgrades for the 20 version. With their minor updates.

I debated greatly about whether to purchase Madden 21. In the end, I decided against due to the minimum additions that were included.

So, a Madden 22 purchase is the question. I'm not sold yet and may have to for go another season. One other factor is how EA Play is setup. I don't want to be tied to a gaming service just because I purchase a game. And the basic EAP sub only allowing 10 hours of game play, is simply a dal breaker for me. We will see if anything changes to sway my decision.

So after further review, the call on the field stands. EA Sports has not delivered and should be accessed penalty $$$ for being mediocre at best.

Madden Series Research

Sponsor

Sponsor

DOLPHINSKINGS1
All-Pro

Re: Madden Series Research

Postby DOLPHINSKINGS1 » Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:03 pm

Here Here Mike! I hate the other versions of MADDEN. That's why I went PC in 2008. Because I knew I could find mods to improve it. I love 08. I put my own music in it 100's of songs (but only menu I want some of them to play in game still can't figure that one out). I use FF/FI Mod (every update for a long time), I get the Rogerjinx roster/franchise for a long time as well. I have all the TPF/Graphics created by many folks here for a long time. I have all of your Playbooks & plus other ones. One thing I am very disappointed with is we cannot adjust the season schedule to match the new format. I want the Patriots to be Week 1 but I get Bills Week 1 which is really Week 2. Even if I remove the PRO BOWL (which I never play) Roger tried his hardest to have the game in the season. But as Week 4 preseason and it does not register in the standings (which is maddening). For a live game producer on FACEBOOK which I do yearly I can no longer do. There has got to be a way to add more strings in the SCHD table because other platforms do have those abilities. But, I am a crazed 2008 fan and therefore I will never ever relinquish. At least their are folks here who love to make the game better every year and you are one of the them (big applause). I always want to improve the cybers like I do for my NHL 09. But, It is way too hard to figure out these MMAP's. Anyways, thanks for the analysis.
Miami Dolphins: Back-to-Back Super Bowl Champions '72-'73/ Undefeated Season Super Bowl VII & Super Bowl VIII
Los Angeles Kings: 2 Time Stanley Cup Champions 2012 & 2014

GO DOLPHINS!!!
GO KINGS GO!!!

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:51 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:So, a Madden 22 purchase is the question. I'm not sold yet and may have to for go another season. One other factor is how EA Play is setup. I don't want to be tied to a gaming service just because I purchase a game. And the basic EAP sub only allowing 10 hours of game play, is simply a dal breaker for me. We will see if anything changes to sway my decision.

I would watch Angry Joe's review of the game before you make a purchasing decision.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:08 pm

RevanFan wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:So, a Madden 22 purchase is the question. I'm not sold yet and may have to for go another season. One other factor is how EA Play is setup. I don't want to be tied to a gaming service just because I purchase a game. And the basic EAP sub only allowing 10 hours of game play, is simply a dal breaker for me. We will see if anything changes to sway my decision.

I would watch Angry Joe's review of the game before you make a purchasing decision.

I've seen his video's in the past. I prefer to watch other reviews with less screaming and tantrums.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:34 pm

DOLPHINSKINGS1 wrote:Here Here Mike! I hate the other versions of MADDEN. That's why I went PC in 2008. Because I knew I could find mods to improve it. I love 08. I put my own music in it 100's of songs (but only menu I want some of them to play in game still can't figure that one out). I use FF/FI Mod (every update for a long time), I get the Rogerjinx roster/franchise for a long time as well. I have all the TPF/Graphics created by many folks here for a long time. I have all of your Playbooks & plus other ones. One thing I am very disappointed with is we cannot adjust the season schedule to match the new format. I want the Patriots to be Week 1 but I get Bills Week 1 which is really Week 2. Even if I remove the PRO BOWL (which I never play) Roger tried his hardest to have the game in the season. But as Week 4 preseason and it does not register in the standings (which is maddening). For a live game producer on FACEBOOK which I do yearly I can no longer do. There has got to be a way to add more strings in the SCHD table because other platforms do have those abilities. But, I am a crazed 2008 fan and therefore I will never ever relinquish. At least their are folks here who love to make the game better every year and you are one of the them (big applause). I always want to improve the cybers like I do for my NHL 09. But, It is way too hard to figure out these MMAP's. Anyways, thanks for the analysis.

DOLPHINSKINGS1 thanks for the feedback.

1. For your music to be played in-game, there is a tool that was made for NHL 2000 called the Ditty Importer. Ditty Importer tool can convert your .mp3 music to the .asf format. From there you can use the DFR to import your songs into the sounddat file. Then your songs will be played during the games.

^You can import 89 custom somgs for the project.

There are a few good sounddat tutorials here on site that can help you get the music done correctly.

2. For the 17 game schedule, 3 pre-season games thing, expanding the playoffs, etc. Those will have to be done with a cheat engine script or the OpenMadden project. Many of the game features we want simply have to be recoded.

3. And for the cybers, the MMAP's aren't difficult to create. The MMAPper tool can convert your .bmp images to mmap's. You can use the famed DFR to import your new cyber mmap's into the dat.

4. Is your NHL 09 mod up to date?

DOLPHINSKINGS1
All-Pro

Postby DOLPHINSKINGS1 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:41 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:
DOLPHINSKINGS1 wrote:Here Here Mike! I hate the other versions of MADDEN. That's why I went PC in 2008. Because I knew I could find mods to improve it. I love 08. I put my own music in it 100's of songs (but only menu I want some of them to play in game still can't figure that one out). I use FF/FI Mod (every update for a long time), I get the Rogerjinx roster/franchise for a long time as well. I have all the TPF/Graphics created by many folks here for a long time. I have all of your Playbooks & plus other ones. One thing I am very disappointed with is we cannot adjust the season schedule to match the new format. I want the Patriots to be Week 1 but I get Bills Week 1 which is really Week 2. Even if I remove the PRO BOWL (which I never play) Roger tried his hardest to have the game in the season. But as Week 4 preseason and it does not register in the standings (which is maddening). For a live game producer on FACEBOOK which I do yearly I can no longer do. There has got to be a way to add more strings in the SCHD table because other platforms do have those abilities. But, I am a crazed 2008 fan and therefore I will never ever relinquish. At least their are folks here who love to make the game better every year and you are one of the them (big applause). I always want to improve the cybers like I do for my NHL 09. But, It is way too hard to figure out these MMAP's. Anyways, thanks for the analysis.

DOLPHINSKINGS1 thanks for the feedback.

1. For your music to be played in-game, there is a tool that was made for NHL 2000 called the Ditty Importer. Ditty Importer tool can convert your .mp3 music to the .asf format. From there you can use the DFR to import your songs into the sounddat file. Then your songs will be played during the games.

^You can import 89 custom somgs for the project.

There are a few good sounddat tutorials here on site that can help you get the music done correctly.

2. For the 17 game schedule, 3 pre-season games thing, expanding the playoffs, etc. Those will have to be done with a cheat engine script or the OpenMadden project. Many of the game features we want simply have to be recoded.

3. And for the cybers, the MMAP's aren't difficult to create. The MMAPper tool can convert your .bmp images to mmap's. You can use the famed DFR to import your new cyber mmap's into the dat.

4. Is your NHL 09 mod up to date?

1. Thanks for that. I will give it a try.
2. Well I will have to wait on that hopefully we get a solution. I found a weird way by converting one week at a time (so my Week 1 is now correct (which was Week 2 to start, I changed it to Week 1 and it is working so I will just add one week at a time for this season). Crossing my fingers.
3. Sweet! Maybe I will give them a try as well.
4. Yes. My NHL 09 is updated to 2021-2022. I go to ELITE ROSTER and WASSERLASSER to get my add-ons. I also make add-ons (cybers, horns, chants, arenas, goalie equipment, sticks, music, and etc.) I am known there as Kings1132 and Kings1171 respectively.
Miami Dolphins: Back-to-Back Super Bowl Champions '72-'73/ Undefeated Season Super Bowl VII & Super Bowl VIII
Los Angeles Kings: 2 Time Stanley Cup Champions 2012 & 2014

GO DOLPHINS!!!
GO KINGS GO!!!

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:09 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:
RevanFan wrote:

I've seen his video's in the past. I prefer to watch other reviews with less screaming and tantrums.

I get it. He can be abrasive. But he cares about Madden and wants the games to actually be good.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Return to “FAQs”