Franchise crashes at save

Madden crashing, franchise corrupt, games won't sim? Get help here.
Pliable12
Rookie
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:46 pm

Franchise crashes at save

Postby Pliable12 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:49 am

I have been playing madden for years and have recently encountered a new problem in franchise. I have been running this franchise for about 15 seasons now, and have encountered my share of offseason crashes along the way, but have always managed to fix them. This new issue, however, has me stumped. I am about midway through the season, and played a game. I routinely save throughout games due to occasional in-game crashes/freezes, but none of those happened this time. When I ended the game and got back to the franchise week, i went to save, and the game crashed. I reloaded the previous save, (it was towards the end of the 4th) finished the game again, and again it crashed while trying to save from the franchise week. I tried again, finishing the game again, going into the week, tried saving as a new file (crash), tried again, this time not saving but simming a week forward first then saving (crash) tried again, reordering depths, making transactions, basically trying to move past the glitch, but no go. Finally I sucked it up, backed out of the game (losing the in-game progress) simmed the game (letting my QB throw for 0 TDs and 2 INTs) and saved then. No crash. Ok, fine, I lose one game of progress, i can live with that. Played the next game, no issues, it saved when it was over no problem. But the game after that one... same issue. This will be the second game in one season Ive had to forfeit. This is a new issue this season, it hadnt happened in the previous 14 seasons... anyone have any ideas how to fix this??

Franchise crashes at save

Sponsor

Sponsor
 

User avatar
Danchat
Hall of Fame
Posts: 2552
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:07 pm
Location: Minnesota

Re: Franchise crashes at save

Postby Danchat » Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:43 pm

Pliable12 wrote:I have been playing madden for years and have recently encountered a new problem in franchise. I have been running this franchise for about 15 seasons now, and have encountered my share of offseason crashes along the way, but have always managed to fix them. This new issue, however, has me stumped. I am about midway through the season, and played a game. I routinely save throughout games due to occasional in-game crashes/freezes, but none of those happened this time. When I ended the game and got back to the franchise week, i went to save, and the game crashed. I reloaded the previous save, (it was towards the end of the 4th) finished the game again, and again it crashed while trying to save from the franchise week. I tried again, finishing the game again, going into the week, tried saving as a new file (crash), tried again, this time not saving but simming a week forward first then saving (crash) tried again, reordering depths, making transactions, basically trying to move past the glitch, but no go. Finally I sucked it up, backed out of the game (losing the in-game progress) simmed the game (letting my QB throw for 0 TDs and 2 INTs) and saved then. No crash. Ok, fine, I lose one game of progress, i can live with that. Played the next game, no issues, it saved when it was over no problem. But the game after that one... same issue. This will be the second game in one season Ive had to forfeit. This is a new issue this season, it hadnt happened in the previous 14 seasons... anyone have any ideas how to fix this??

Have you gone over the Troubleshooting checklist?

I haven't run into crashing while saving before... I could take a look at your file if you'd be willing to upload it.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

Pliable12
Rookie
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:46 pm

Re: Franchise crashes at save

Postby Pliable12 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:11 am

Danchat wrote:
Pliable12 wrote:I have been playing madden for years and have recently encountered a new problem in franchise. I have been running this franchise for about 15 seasons now, and have encountered my share of offseason crashes along the way, but have always managed to fix them. This new issue, however, has me stumped. I am about midway through the season, and played a game. I routinely save throughout games due to occasional in-game crashes/freezes, but none of those happened this time. When I ended the game and got back to the franchise week, i went to save, and the game crashed. I reloaded the previous save, (it was towards the end of the 4th) finished the game again, and again it crashed while trying to save from the franchise week. I tried again, finishing the game again, going into the week, tried saving as a new file (crash), tried again, this time not saving but simming a week forward first then saving (crash) tried again, reordering depths, making transactions, basically trying to move past the glitch, but no go. Finally I sucked it up, backed out of the game (losing the in-game progress) simmed the game (letting my QB throw for 0 TDs and 2 INTs) and saved then. No crash. Ok, fine, I lose one game of progress, i can live with that. Played the next game, no issues, it saved when it was over no problem. But the game after that one... same issue. This will be the second game in one season Ive had to forfeit. This is a new issue this season, it hadnt happened in the previous 14 seasons... anyone have any ideas how to fix this??

Have you gone over the Troubleshooting checklist?

I haven't run into crashing while saving before... I could take a look at your file if you'd be willing to upload it.


I checked for dupes, checked all breakdowns and depth charts... everything looked fine. I occasionally get offseason issues but it's weird to get in a spot where the franchise won't let you save. Sure I can upload it. Thanks for your help!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Danchat
Hall of Fame
Posts: 2552
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:07 pm
Location: Minnesota

Re: Franchise crashes at save

Postby Danchat » Sun May 03, 2020 7:21 pm

Pliable12 wrote:
Danchat wrote:
Pliable12 wrote:I have been playing madden for years and have recently encountered a new problem in franchise. I have been running this franchise for about 15 seasons now, and have encountered my share of offseason crashes along the way, but have always managed to fix them. This new issue, however, has me stumped. I am about midway through the season, and played a game. I routinely save throughout games due to occasional in-game crashes/freezes, but none of those happened this time. When I ended the game and got back to the franchise week, i went to save, and the game crashed. I reloaded the previous save, (it was towards the end of the 4th) finished the game again, and again it crashed while trying to save from the franchise week. I tried again, finishing the game again, going into the week, tried saving as a new file (crash), tried again, this time not saving but simming a week forward first then saving (crash) tried again, reordering depths, making transactions, basically trying to move past the glitch, but no go. Finally I sucked it up, backed out of the game (losing the in-game progress) simmed the game (letting my QB throw for 0 TDs and 2 INTs) and saved then. No crash. Ok, fine, I lose one game of progress, i can live with that. Played the next game, no issues, it saved when it was over no problem. But the game after that one... same issue. This will be the second game in one season Ive had to forfeit. This is a new issue this season, it hadnt happened in the previous 14 seasons... anyone have any ideas how to fix this??

Have you gone over the Troubleshooting checklist?

I haven't run into crashing while saving before... I could take a look at your file if you'd be willing to upload it.


I checked for dupes, checked all breakdowns and depth charts... everything looked fine. I occasionally get offseason issues but it's weird to get in a spot where the franchise won't let you save. Sure I can upload it. Thanks for your help!


I took a look through your franchise and I found a couple issues with the coaches. I found that there were coaches assigned to some bizarre "yyowns" and "$" teams, which do not appear to exist. These seem to be duplicates of the Browns' coaches. I also noticed that there were a few duplicate coaches - Phillip Rivers, "D. Williams", Drew Brees, and Tony Romo all had duplicates, with Rivers being the OCs for two different teams.

I can't tell you for sure if resolving these issues will fix your franchise... but the next step would be to remove the dummy teams and remove the duplicate coaches.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

Pliable12
Rookie
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:46 pm

Re: Franchise crashes at save

Postby Pliable12 » Wed May 06, 2020 7:35 pm

Thanks for taking a look. Not sure how it created other teams... or how to go about deleting them. Or even how to fix the coaches. But I'm sure that is covered elsewhere, I'll give it a shot

User avatar
Danchat
Hall of Fame
Posts: 2552
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:07 pm
Location: Minnesota

Re: Franchise crashes at save

Postby Danchat » Thu May 07, 2020 10:36 pm

Pliable12 wrote:Thanks for taking a look. Not sure how it created other teams... or how to go about deleting them. Or even how to fix the coaches. But I'm sure that is covered elsewhere, I'll give it a shot

I know how you could delete coaches (use the DB Editor, export Coach data, delete bad coaches, import data back in), but teams? Hmmm, I've never messed with teams in the DB Editor, but perhaps you could do the same there.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

Pliable12
Rookie
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:46 pm

Re: Franchise crashes at save

Postby Pliable12 » Tue May 12, 2020 8:33 am

Danchat wrote:
Pliable12 wrote:Thanks for taking a look. Not sure how it created other teams... or how to go about deleting them. Or even how to fix the coaches. But I'm sure that is covered elsewhere, I'll give it a shot

I know how you could delete coaches (use the DB Editor, export Coach data, delete bad coaches, import data back in), but teams? Hmmm, I've never messed with teams in the DB Editor, but perhaps you could do the same there.


It was as simple as deleing the duplicate coaches... hopefull this is a permanent fix. Thank you!

User avatar
Danchat
Hall of Fame
Posts: 2552
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:07 pm
Location: Minnesota

Re: Franchise crashes at save

Postby Danchat » Tue May 12, 2020 7:42 pm

Pliable12 wrote:
Danchat wrote:
Pliable12 wrote:Thanks for taking a look. Not sure how it created other teams... or how to go about deleting them. Or even how to fix the coaches. But I'm sure that is covered elsewhere, I'll give it a shot

I know how you could delete coaches (use the DB Editor, export Coach data, delete bad coaches, import data back in), but teams? Hmmm, I've never messed with teams in the DB Editor, but perhaps you could do the same there.


It was as simple as deleing the duplicate coaches... hopefull this is a permanent fix. Thank you!

Wow, that's great! That was a shot in the dark but I guess it worked! It seems the longer one plays a franchise, duplicate coaches will somehow get generated and sometimes teams get extra coaches for no reason. I've seen these problems in other franchises I looked at, and I'm glad my advice helped!
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400


Return to “Troubleshooting”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest