2k is coming BACK!

User avatar
AaronS
MVP
Posts: 929
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:31 pm
Location: Bellevue, WA

2k is coming BACK!

Postby AaronS » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:25 pm

Image
Image

2k is coming BACK!

Sponsor

Sponsor
 

BelieverInTeal
Hall of Fame
Posts: 1316
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:58 pm

Re: 2k is coming BACK!

Postby BelieverInTeal » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:21 pm

The key word is "non-simulation" so no franchise mode.
Image

User avatar
RevanFan
Legend
Posts: 11627
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:25 pm
Location: New York

Re: 2k is coming BACK!

Postby RevanFan » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:01 pm

2K is just as corrupt as EA, so I'm not too excited by this.
My Historic Cowboys Teams - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=240
My Cowboys Journal - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3610
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a New Yorker born and raised.

mike9472
MVP
Posts: 560
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:46 pm

Re: 2k is coming BACK!

Postby mike9472 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:00 pm

RevanFan wrote:2K is just as corrupt as EA, so I'm not too excited by this.


Every company is out for a profit, but at least they put out a better product. NFL2K5 and All Pro Football have better player logic. Not sure what a "non simulation" football game is going to be, but it's still competition for EA. Maybe it'll force EA to improve Madden.

User avatar
KO'BBF
MVP
Posts: 889
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:49 pm
Location: Lincoln, Nebraska

Re: 2k is coming BACK!

Postby KO'BBF » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:30 am

I'm waiting for something completely unusable... Like NFL pinball or a game where all you do is buy packs of cards :|
"There are Coaches who spend eighteen hours a day coaching the perfect game, and they lose because the ball is oval and they can't control the bounce." - Bud Grant

User avatar
AaronS
MVP
Posts: 929
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:31 pm
Location: Bellevue, WA

Re: 2k is coming BACK!

Postby AaronS » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:52 pm

I just hope this is the shift in the NFLs business model.

Why take money from 1 partner when more is out there?

Why sleep with 1 woman when a dozen are beating your door down?

… and as we saw, 2004 was damn near the best EA had to offer. Why? Because of the super hot girl next door.
Image
Image

ram29jackson
Rookie
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:58 pm

Re: 2k is coming BACK!

Postby ram29jackson » Mon May 25, 2020 11:06 pm

AaronS wrote:I just hope this is the shift in the NFLs business model.

Why take money from 1 partner when more is out there?

Why sleep with 1 woman when a dozen are beating your door down?

… and as we saw, 2004 was damn near the best EA had to offer. Why? Because of the super hot girl next door.

What did you like about Madden 2004?

User avatar
AaronS
MVP
Posts: 929
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:31 pm
Location: Bellevue, WA

Re: 2k is coming BACK!

Postby AaronS » Wed May 27, 2020 6:20 pm

ram29jackson wrote:What did you like about Madden 2004?


People are still playing it. I think that says alot.

Not saying its better than any version since, but that was by far the height of football gaming. Both NFL gaming products were loved by their supporters.

Hopefully we can get back to that point. Soon.
Image
Image

ram29jackson
Rookie
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:58 pm

Re: 2k is coming BACK!

Postby ram29jackson » Wed May 27, 2020 7:48 pm

AaronS wrote:
ram29jackson wrote:What did you like about Madden 2004?


People are still playing it. I think that says alot.

Not saying its better than any version since, but that was by far the height of football gaming. Both NFL gaming products were loved by their supporters.

Hopefully we can get back to that point. Soon.

I like it too. But I was wondering if you thought something specific.

I dont know how real it may have been compared to other games. I realized much later that 2k5 had a better over all feel.. because later maddens were just like cockroaches moving around too fast.

User avatar
AaronS
MVP
Posts: 929
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:31 pm
Location: Bellevue, WA

Re: 2k is coming BACK!

Postby AaronS » Thu May 28, 2020 4:36 pm

ram29jackson wrote:
AaronS wrote:
ram29jackson wrote:What did you like about Madden 2004?


People are still playing it. I think that says alot.

Not saying its better than any version since, but that was by far the height of football gaming. Both NFL gaming products were loved by their supporters.

Hopefully we can get back to that point. Soon.

I like it too. But I was wondering if you thought something specific.

I dont know how real it may have been compared to other games. I realized much later that 2k5 had a better over all feel.. because later maddens were just like cockroaches moving around too fast.


The sim engine is solid (as real as Madden stats can be)
Working RB1/RB2 slider
I loathed the morale system beyond 2004
Training camp battles were dumb too, I'm building the team, not the PC AI

.. just too rough though as far as playbooks and controls go. Not a ton of long-term playability for me at this point.
Image
Image


Return to “Other Football Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests