52%
Booger McFarland
No votes

Total votes: 21

MikeWest502
All-Pro

Color Commentators

Postby MikeWest502 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:43 pm

Well this season, I must say Tony Romo surprised me! I really enjoyed his analyses. Booger McFarland on Monday Night had me struggling often! I respect how Dan and Troy break it down too!

Who's your Favorite?

Color Commentators

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Re: Color Commentators

Postby Rixster67r » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:28 am

I went with Aikman because he seems to be the most fair with both teams...... I really liked the Aikman / Buck combination however I can't stand Joe Buck now because of what a Yankee fan he was during The MLB Playoffs he was so one sided it was ridiculous and I am so glad the Astros beat the Yankees and the commentators had to eat crow..... This was so enjoyable

Cris Collinsworth is definitely a Houston Hater and I wouldn't piss on him if he was rolling around on the ground on fire......

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:40 am

This isn't really a choice: Tony Romo is awesome. If you take him out though ,.. hmm ... Aikman ... Huh, the Cowboys do produce good commentators.

I wonder how Peyton would do in the booth.
Semper fi
Spoiler:
We've yet to see a QB being as dominant as that future HOFer
And no, not those two. The one I'm talking about already retired ...
We've yet to see a WR being as dominant as that guy that won't make the HOF.
CJ ...

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:02 am

Rixster67r wrote:I went with Aikman because he seems to be the most fair with both teams...... I really liked the Aikman / Buck combination however I can't stand Joe Buck now because of what a Yankee fan he was during The MLB Playoffs he was so one sided it was ridiculous and I am so glad the Astros beat the Yankees and the commentators had to eat crow..... This was so enjoyable

Cris Collinsworth is definitely a Houston Hater and I wouldn't piss on him if he was rolling around on the ground on fire......

Well... your glee in that is a bit down now that the Astros have been revealed as cheaters, isn't it?

Yes I'm a Yankees fan, and yes I did scream at my monitor when I saw the reports. What of it? Haha.

Anyway, I went with Romo. Next would probably be Collinsworth, then Aikman.

jose21crisis wrote:This isn't really a choice: Tony Romo is awesome. If you take him out though ,.. hmm ... Aikman ... Huh, the Cowboys do produce good commentators.

**cough**Jason Witten**cough**. Love the guy, but commentary is not his path.
My Historic Cowboys Teams - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=240
My Cowboys Journal - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3610
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a New Yorker born and raised.

Theov
All-Pro

Postby Theov » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:50 pm

Romo isnt a cliche-matron and Aikman has good games from time to time.
The rest are just always repeating the same dumb cliches.
No signature needed.

cyclone2426
All-Pro

Postby cyclone2426 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:29 pm

My dream duo would be Tony Romo paired up with Kevin Harlan, that would be the most exciting and insightful broadcast for sure.

MikeWest502
All-Pro

Postby MikeWest502 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:51 pm

cyclone2426 wrote:My dream duo would be Tony Romo paired up with Kevin Harlan, that would be the most exciting and insightful broadcast for sure.

I'd say the duo of Al Michaels & Tony would be great a great pair! Although, I think Romo & Nantz CBS are the best combo right now! Tony really did a hell of a job this season and I was glad he was breaking down the Chiefs game today! He's really shows how intelligent he really was and how different things are when you see the entire field from up in the booth!

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:49 pm

RevanFan wrote:Well... your glee in that is a bit down now that the Astros have been revealed as cheaters, isn't it?

Yes I'm a Yankees fan, and yes I did scream at my monitor when I saw the reports. What of it? Haha.

Figures. The year I decide to root for an MLB, I pick the Astros and that happens (Nearly everyone got fired in Houston, Cora also got the boot from Boston, so there's that too) ... Bad month for Houston sports in general. I might temporarily reassign my rooting interest to an NL team, the Braves (Assuming I survive the Acuña Jr. experience) or something.
RevanFan wrote:
jose21crisis wrote:This isn't really a choice: Tony Romo is awesome. If you take him out though ,.. hmm ... Aikman ... Huh, the Cowboys do produce good commentators.

Oh, yeah, the Witten experience. We won't talk about the Witten experience.
Semper fi
Spoiler:
CJ ...

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:15 pm

jose21crisis wrote:
RevanFan wrote:Well... your glee in that is a bit down now that the Astros have been revealed as cheaters, isn't it?

Figures. The year I decide to root for an MLB, I pick the Astros and that happens (Nearly everyone got fired in Houston, Cora also got the boot from Boston, so there's that too) ... Bad month for Houston sports in general. I might temporarily reassign my rooting interest to an NL team, the Braves (Assuming I survive the Acuña Jr. experience) or something.
RevanFan wrote:

Oh, yeah, the Witten experience. We won't talk about the Witten experience.

Assuming you survive Acuna? What is there to survive? He's excellent.

I mean... I'll advocate for the Yankees. We have a young, talented team, we're one of the top teams in analytics (along with Houston), and we have 27 titles already. From Chesbro's 41 wins to Murderer's Row to Joltin' Joe's 56 straight to Larsen's World Series perfect game to the M&M Boys fighting for 61 to the Core Four to the Baby Bombers... plenty of great moments and great players. If you want a baseball team, there's none more consistent over the last 120 years. I've been a fan my whole life, my dad has been a fan his whole life, and us Yankees fans might be very opinionated and sometimes even borderline insufferable, but it's just because of how much we love our team.

As for Witten, I wouldn't be shocked if he ended up retiring again and becoming the Cowboys' TE coach. I believe it's either the only position on the staff still open, or one of the few. Probably leaving it open just in case he does retire again.

Also, there's reports that ESPN wants to offer Romo a massive contract to join them on Monday Night Football. I'm not sure if that would mean getting rid of Booger or moving him back to the Booger Mobile or what... but all I know is, while Romo does definitely deserve it, I think I'd like him way more with Nantz than Tessitore, simply because I don't think Tessitore is very good. Booger is awful, but Tessitore is no shining star either.

EDIT: One more thought on the poll: I'm a little sad Charles Davis doesn't have any votes. He's really good at his job, but he is one of the "B-team" guys, so his recognition won't be as high. He's probably the best of the "B-team", but he's still there. Well... him and Fouts. I like Daryl Johnston a lot too.
My Historic Cowboys Teams - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=240
My Cowboys Journal - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3610
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a New Yorker born and raised.

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:49 pm

RevanFan wrote:Assuming you survive Acuna? What is there to survive? He's excellent.

I mean... I'll advocate for the Yankees. We have a young, talented team, we're one of the top teams in analytics (along with Houston), and we have 27 titles already. From Chesbro's 41 wins to Murderer's Row to Joltin' Joe's 56 straight to Larsen's World Series perfect game to the M&M Boys fighting for 61 to the Core Four to the Baby Bombers... plenty of great moments and great players. If you want a baseball team, there's none more consistent over the last 120 years. I've been a fan my whole life, my dad has been a fan his whole life, and us Yankees fans might be very opinionated and sometimes even borderline insufferable, but it's just because of how much we love our team.

As for Witten, I wouldn't be shocked if he ended up retiring again and becoming the Cowboys' TE coach. I believe it's either the only position on the staff still open, or one of the few. Probably leaving it open just in case he does retire again.

Also, there's reports that ESPN wants to offer Romo a massive contract to join them on Monday Night Football. I'm not sure if that would mean getting rid of Booger or moving him back to the Booger Mobile or what... but all I know is, while Romo does definitely deserve it, I think I'd like him way more with Nantz than Tessitore, simply because I don't think Tessitore is very good. Booger is awful, but Tessitore is no shining star either.

EDIT: One more thought on the poll: I'm a little sad Charles Davis doesn't have any votes. He's really good at his job, but he is one of the "B-team" guys, so his recognition won't be as high. He's probably the best of the "B-team", but he's still there. Well... him and Fouts. I like Daryl Johnston a lot too.

Acuña IS amazing. Dude is looking like a younger version of Mike Trout as of now. Is just that I still have fresh on my mind that in the playoff (In the NLDS I think?) he batted a near HR, assumed it was a HR and walk his way to first until the ball fell (Although the people wanting him to be benched for that was terrible. You just don't bench a guy like him.)

Yep, that's something I noticed, somehow, someway, the Yankees are always there.

Huh, well hopefully, assuming he does retire and gets hired, Coach Witten goes better than Commentator Witten.

You know ... I'm pretty sure A LOT of people would be happy if Romo replaced Booger, like a lot. But ... well, not sure how Tessitore and Romo would go, and I think CBS would go back to Nantz/Sims?
Semper fi
Spoiler:
CJ ...

Return to “General Discussion”