Madden 08 crash when looking at play screen

Madden crashing, franchise corrupt, games won't sim? Get help here.
SunFlash
Rookie

Postby SunFlash » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:45 am

Windows 10
FF/FI (most recent version, all files updated/included)
ROJO 2019/20 roster (but happens with others as well)

I am having a semi-consistent crash during the pre-snap when pressing "G" to open to play screen. It happens on both offense and defense, with inconsistent regularity, but usually once or twice a game. Most of the time nothing happens, but once or twice a game Madden 08 with freeze for a moment, and then crash to desktop. I cannot replicate the crash consistently, so I have no idea what is causing it. Any ideas?

Sponsor

Sponsor

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Re: Madden 08 crash when looking at play screen

Postby ultimatum77 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:02 am

SunFlash wrote:Windows 10
FF/FI (most recent version, all files updated/included)
ROJO 2019/20 roster (but happens with others as well)

I am having a semi-consistent crash during the pre-snap when pressing "G" to open to play screen. It happens on both offense and defense, with inconsistent regularity, but usually once or twice a game. Most of the time nothing happens, but once or twice a game Madden 08 with freeze for a moment, and then crash to desktop. I cannot replicate the crash consistently, so I have no idea what is causing it. Any ideas?

Idk but sometimes when you start a game windows has the stupid xbox app or game record app say to press windows plus the G button. It may be that this app is opening simultaneously with madden to record your game play. You may have to disable the windows game app somehow. This is just my best guess man, as it happens once in a while to me until I deleted the stupid game record app/xbox app.....best of luck.
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:03 am

The only other option is a corrupt user profile which may be because of a corrupt keyboard controller config....so you would have to delete your current usr profile or make a copy of it/restore to a older previous version......or create a new one....
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

rambolz
All-Pro

Postby rambolz » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:59 am

I've had this problem in the past, I think I even posted about it a few years ago. No idea what causes it, it just happened randomly. My conclusion was that it had something to do with playbooks, as it happened sometimes 3 times a game and sometimes didn't happen once it 10 games. I don't think it has happened to me with the newest update, but I definitely had the same problem in the past. I never found any fix and I got used to just saving often so I wouldn't lose too much progress when the game eventually crashed.

Return to “Troubleshooting”