Black Field / Crash (Bills, Raiders)

Madden crashing, franchise corrupt, games won't sim? Get help here.
snidgetwings
Rookie
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:40 pm

Black Field / Crash (Bills, Raiders)

Postby snidgetwings » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:40 pm

Hi all,

I'm new here, so I apologise if I'm posting this in the wrong place or if the question has already been answered.

I'm trying to play with the new FF mod, but when I play (exhibition or franchise) with the Bills at home, I get a black field and it usually crashes early on in the game. I also get a black field when I play the Raiders at home, but this doesn't cause a crash. After doing a search on the topic page, I've noticed that others have had this same issue and managed to fix it, but I'm not quite sure what the exact process is for the fix.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

P.S. I'm not using any other mods or the Calhoupe scripts yet, only what was included in the FF mod package.

Black Field / Crash (Bills, Raiders)

Sponsor

Sponsor
 

User avatar
RevanFan
Legend
Posts: 10721
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:25 pm
Location: New York

Re: Black Field / Crash (Bills, Raiders)

Postby RevanFan » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:19 pm

snidgetwings wrote:Hi all,

I'm new here, so I apologise if I'm posting this in the wrong place or if the question has already been answered.

I'm trying to play with the new FF mod, but when I play (exhibition or franchise) with the Bills at home, I get a black field and it usually crashes early on in the game. I also get a black field when I play the Raiders at home, but this doesn't cause a crash. After doing a search on the topic page, I've noticed that others have had this same issue and managed to fix it, but I'm not quite sure what the exact process is for the fix.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

P.S. I'm not using any other mods or the Calhoupe scripts yet, only what was included in the FF mod package.

Are you sure you have the latest files? Most of the black fields should be fixed in the latest version, but I appear to be one of the few people not having many issues.

Until we figure out a real fix, a temporary one is to open the roster you're using in the DB Editor, go to the STAD table, find the offending stadium, and change the ST35 value to 0.
My Historic Cowboys Teams - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=240
My Cowboys Journal - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3610
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a New Yorker born and raised.

snidgetwings
Rookie
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:40 pm

Re: Black Field / Crash (Bills, Raiders)

Postby snidgetwings » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:54 pm

RevanFan wrote:
snidgetwings wrote:Hi all,

I'm new here, so I apologise if I'm posting this in the wrong place or if the question has already been answered.

I'm trying to play with the new FF mod, but when I play (exhibition or franchise) with the Bills at home, I get a black field and it usually crashes early on in the game. I also get a black field when I play the Raiders at home, but this doesn't cause a crash. After doing a search on the topic page, I've noticed that others have had this same issue and managed to fix it, but I'm not quite sure what the exact process is for the fix.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

P.S. I'm not using any other mods or the Calhoupe scripts yet, only what was included in the FF mod package.

Are you sure you have the latest files? Most of the black fields should be fixed in the latest version, but I appear to be one of the few people not having many issues.

Until we figure out a real fix, a temporary one is to open the roster you're using in the DB Editor, go to the STAD table, find the offending stadium, and change the ST35 value to 0.


I downloaded the files from the 10/27/18 Large Update post, are those the latest ones? In the meantime I'll try the ST35 fix. What exactly does changing the value to 0 do?

User avatar
RevanFan
Legend
Posts: 10721
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:25 pm
Location: New York

Re: Black Field / Crash (Bills, Raiders)

Postby RevanFan » Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:09 pm

snidgetwings wrote:
RevanFan wrote:
snidgetwings wrote:Hi all,

I'm new here, so I apologise if I'm posting this in the wrong place or if the question has already been answered.

I'm trying to play with the new FF mod, but when I play (exhibition or franchise) with the Bills at home, I get a black field and it usually crashes early on in the game. I also get a black field when I play the Raiders at home, but this doesn't cause a crash. After doing a search on the topic page, I've noticed that others have had this same issue and managed to fix it, but I'm not quite sure what the exact process is for the fix.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

P.S. I'm not using any other mods or the Calhoupe scripts yet, only what was included in the FF mod package.

Are you sure you have the latest files? Most of the black fields should be fixed in the latest version, but I appear to be one of the few people not having many issues.

Until we figure out a real fix, a temporary one is to open the roster you're using in the DB Editor, go to the STAD table, find the offending stadium, and change the ST35 value to 0.


I downloaded the files from the 10/27/18 Large Update post, are those the latest ones? In the meantime I'll try the ST35 fix. What exactly does changing the value to 0 do?

The ST35 value determines whether or not custom/full field graphics are used. If it's 0, it'll just use the default field art for the home team.
My Historic Cowboys Teams - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=240
My Cowboys Journal - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3610
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a New Yorker born and raised.

User avatar
sarcasticface
MVP
Posts: 754
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:57 pm

Re: Black Field / Crash (Bills, Raiders)

Postby sarcasticface » Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:27 pm

You can find the Bills fix in my field art thread, but I’m still doing a fix for the Raiders.
My Mod Uniforms - http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=85&t=20888
My Saints Journal - http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=21424
I'm a New York Giants and New Orleans Saints fan. Big Blue & Who Dat?


Return to “Troubleshooting”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests