HEX Modding Rosters

Modifying Madden 19
trey31
Hall of Fame

HEX Modding Rosters

Postby trey31 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:52 pm

From the same thread I linked to before at OS...

Proof of Concept:

Method:

Classic Team Names Underway:
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

HEX Modding Rosters

Sponsor

Sponsor

trey31
Hall of Fame

Re: HEX Modding Rosters

Postby trey31 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:43 pm

There is something legacy in the file that is likely going to allow the use of older FIFA tools and the MRE12 Editor

My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

StingRay68
MVP

Postby StingRay68 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:53 pm

The PC libraries still work fine. Can still use tdbview to examine the roster file once you strip away the data before the actual database.
I read that thread, once that xbox editor has reads/writes adjusted from big endian to little endian it will work fine too.

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:06 am

StingRay68 wrote:The PC libraries still work fine.
I read that thread, once that xbox editor has reads/writes adjusted from big endian to little endian it will work fine too.

Have you been to the discord that GalaxyMan runs? I don't think anyone has more Madden code/db knowledge than you. He could probably use your input.

I can PM you an invite link. Linking to it is prohibited on OS but I found it and, we're not on OS right now.

StingRay68
MVP

Postby StingRay68 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:18 am

Give him a bit of time. If he got it reading, he will get it writing too. If he says he is stuck and wants input I'd be happy to help.

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:31 am

StingRay68 wrote:Give him a bit of time. If he got it reading, he will get it writing too. If he says he is stuck and wants input I'd be happy to help.

He's asking for help. He posted this starting at 9pm this evening:

GalaxyMan2015 wrote:question, r u guys familiar with the old Madden file formats? like ast, the db files, etc. ?
Madden 19 like the Fifas have a legacy file section which basically contains files in the old formats that havent been converted to any Frostbite format, what we found with Fifa, is the old tools still worked with these files in particular, so was just curious to know if the same might apply to Madden

ast is just one example, but thats good to know, there are a lot of different file types in the legacy section
heres an example of some db files in the legacy section

Someone linked him to DB_Editor_v1.4.zip from football-freaks.wikia.com and he responded
GalaxyMan2015 wrote:well that one didnt work

Then there were errors with MRE12, but the data did display. It seems like he could use some insider knowledge.

StingRay68
MVP

Postby StingRay68 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:48 am

Ok post the discord link or PM it to me.
Our old editors wont work. Actually I was kind of surprised dbeditor didn't work, but I dont have the source to find out why.
I adjusted Amp to read the new format the other day but it was pointless to try and fit 19 into what we had for 04-08.
Everything was based off of having 10-11 tables and was assuming there would be data from coach table, city table, etc which are not in the 19 rosters. So would have to bypass all of that, even so the player editor would be a lot different and would probably need a new layout.

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:54 am

StingRay68 wrote:Ok post the discord link or PM it to me.
Our old editors wont work. Actually I was kind of surprised dbeditor didn't work, but I dont have the source to find out why.
I adjusted Amp to read the new format the other day but it was pointless to try and fit 19 into what we had for 04-08.
Everything was based off of having 10-11 tables and was assuming there would be data from coach table, city table, etc which are not in the 19 rosters. So would have to bypass all of that, even so the player editor would be a lot different and would probably need a new layout.

PM incoming. I'd like to avoid a ban on OS for something, off-site, as trivial as a discord link address. But apparently it was specifically stated not to...

Return to “Modding”