How's Madden now compared to 2008?

Jax85
Rookie

Postby Jax85 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:22 am

Thanks God Madden is returning to PC! I've never been a fan of Xbox or PS. Have been playing M08 PC ever since it came out. My old PC with the M08 installation broke down last year. Couldn't get the game working on my new PC. I thought my Madden days were over for good. Turns out it was just a short break to juice up for M19! :D

Being used to M08 and knowing the game inside out, I would like to know what are the biggest changes in terms of gameplay? I've already seen there are so many new player attributes. Do they really impact the game or is it still about speed, size and throw power like M08?

In M08 you could shatter all records with a QB like Cutler throwing to the likes of Troy Williamson and Malcom Floyd. Any TE would catch everything thrown his way. OL didn't matter at all. You could field 5 converted nose tackles with good strength rating and there would be no difference. Your 95 speed CB with 68 overall rating could shut down elite WR. Switching your fast 230lbs. LB to DE was a guaranty for 30 sacks. I could go on and on, but you get my point.

Sponsor

Sponsor

AaronS
MVP

Re: How's Madden now compared to 2008?

Postby AaronS » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:01 pm

Not much improvement.

Still a cheese fest, with the typical amount of unstoppable $$$ plays, and stuff that will make you want to chuck your controller at your TV.

Players are kind of cartoony.. animations still need work.. but visually is hands down the greatest improvement over 2005-08.

Can't speak to the new attributes or franchise stats. I'm sure we'll be dissecting that all year.

.. I'm just glad its back. Trying to bury my vitriol for the time being.

Chargerbolt
Pro Bowl

Re: How's Madden now compared to 2008?

Postby Chargerbolt » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:14 pm

If this is to be believed, the aspects mentioned are included.

https://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/features

Another thing purportedly new as an attribute is the WR and DB battles for going after the ball.

Return to “General Discussion”