HELP!! SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!

Madden crashing, franchise corrupt, games won't sim? Get help here.
Danchat
Hall of Fame

Re: HELP!! SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!

Postby Danchat » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:42 pm

I just looked through your franchise and I think I found the problem. There's something wacky with many of the players' contracts - I noticed one particularly bizarre contract, but then I noticed a whole bunch of others that were off. Check out Packers WR Chris Conley. If you click his "Player Info" button, you'll notice he has a 12 year contract... yup, you heard me right. I would have attempted to delete his contract and try to simulate past the crashing point, but then I noticed that many other players had glitched deals. Try sorting All Players and then looking at the cheapest deals. You'll start to see some rookies deals that should be around $1.5-8M total but actually somehow add up to between $3-9M total even though their Player Info doesn't show that.

I have no idea how these contracts got this way and they're likely crashing your file... unfortunately I don't know any way to quickly resolve this. If you can rework all of those deals, it should work again, but I should warn you that this looks like the sign of a broken franchise.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:04 am

Sorry I was late to get to this. I'll look it over if what Danchat suggests doesn't fix all the issues. But yeah, those contracts are... I don't know how that could even happen. The game is limited to 7 years, and the editors won't let you give more than 7 years. Maybe a DB edit gone wrong?
My Historic Cowboys Teams - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=240
My Cowboys Journal - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3610
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a New Yorker born and raised.

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:25 am

RevanFan wrote:Sorry I was late to get to this. I'll look it over if what Danchat suggests doesn't fix all the issues. But yeah, those contracts are... I don't know how that could even happen. The game is limited to 7 years, and the editors won't let you give more than 7 years. Maybe a DB edit gone wrong?

Maybe Madden simply spazed out with the contracts during the last offseason or something. OR the NZA editor spazing out while assigning the rookie deals? Just throwing guesses outthere.

KeepinItTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby KeepinItTeal » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:28 am

jose21crisis wrote:
RevanFan wrote:Sorry I was late to get to this. I'll look it over if what Danchat suggests doesn't fix all the issues. But yeah, those contracts are... I don't know how that could even happen. The game is limited to 7 years, and the editors won't let you give more than 7 years. Maybe a DB edit gone wrong?

Maybe Madden simply spazed out with the contracts during the last offseason or something. OR the NZA editor spazing out while assigning the rookie deals? Just throwing guesses outthere.

Or maybe I double clicked the Fix Rookie Contracts button in the NZA editor? Yeah, odd.

KeepinItTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby KeepinItTeal » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:09 pm

I'm not believing that I'm out of the woods yet, but I "fixed" Packers WR Chris Conley contract using NZA's editor and then moved him to free agency. I then thought that if the crash has to do with wacky player contracts, let's trying turning off the salary cap and cap penalties. So I did that and went back into the game and it actually advanced past where it was crashing! I'm now to the end of the first free agency period and have it saved. Will try now to move through the rest of the off-season with fingers crossed!

Thanks guys! Hopefully I'm now back on track.

Return to “Troubleshooting”