Looking at getting a new computer. Madden 08 question

phalanx93
All-Pro
Posts: 129
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:09 pm

Looking at getting a new computer. Madden 08 question

Postby phalanx93 » Wed May 09, 2018 1:57 pm

I want to get a new laptop, but I am on a rather tight budget. So, to my question, can I run Madden 08 at a medium to high graphic level using Intel's current integrated graphics?

Looking at getting a new computer. Madden 08 question

Sponsor

Sponsor
 

User avatar
RevanFan
Legend
Posts: 10247
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:25 pm
Location: New York

Re: Looking at getting a new computer. Madden 08 question

Postby RevanFan » Wed May 09, 2018 2:20 pm

phalanx93 wrote:I want to get a new laptop, but I am on a rather tight budget. So, to my question, can I run Madden 08 at a medium to high graphic level using Intel's current integrated graphics?

The game is 11 years old. So probably. Just make sure your drivers are up to date.
My Historic Cowboys Teams - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=240
My Cowboys Journal - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3610
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a New Yorker born and raised.

User avatar
Rixster67r
MVP
Posts: 927
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:56 pm
Location: Damascus Maryland

Re: Looking at getting a new computer. Madden 08 question

Postby Rixster67r » Wed May 09, 2018 2:41 pm

If you are seeking to play Madden 08 only then I would try to find a gaming laptop with windows vista or 7 preferrably vista and nvidia graphics...... These should be affordable on ebay or amazon

If you are going windows 10 I suggest HP because I have seen people with other brands that have been nightmares trying to get the game working.....

I have an HP with intel graphics and windows 10 and Madden worked out of the box except I have to run calhoupes scripts for the penalty crash...... The graphics are very good but some of the tools don't work such as MUER etc. this would be my biggest complaint so far
Image

User avatar
RevanFan
Legend
Posts: 10247
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:25 pm
Location: New York

Re: Looking at getting a new computer. Madden 08 question

Postby RevanFan » Wed May 09, 2018 3:29 pm

Rixster67r wrote:If you are seeking to play Madden 08 only then I would try to find a gaming laptop with windows vista or 7 preferrably vista and nvidia graphics...... These should be affordable on ebay or amazon

If you are going windows 10 I suggest HP because I have seen people with other brands that have been nightmares trying to get the game working.....

I have an HP with intel graphics and windows 10 and Madden worked out of the box except I have to run calhoupes scripts for the penalty crash...... The graphics are very good but some of the tools don't work such as MUER etc. this would be my biggest complaint so far

I don't recommend looking for a laptop with 7. I REALLY don't recommend looking for one with Vista. Vista is no longer supported and thus becomes more dangerous to run every day. And it sucks. And while Windows 10 has problems, it runs slightly better than 7 and is kept up to date regularly.

I do not suggest an HP laptop. HP's, in my experience, are awful. I usually go with Dell for laptops myself.

Basically, get a laptop with the best processor you can afford, and use calhoupe's scripts. You'll be fine.
My Historic Cowboys Teams - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=240
My Cowboys Journal - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3610
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a New Yorker born and raised.

phalanx93
All-Pro
Posts: 129
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: Looking at getting a new computer. Madden 08 question

Postby phalanx93 » Wed May 09, 2018 3:38 pm

Thank you RevanFan, it is amazing how the graphics card just explodes the cost of the computer, I mean I can go all in on the processor, and still not get near the top end of my budget if I go integrated.

User avatar
RevanFan
Legend
Posts: 10247
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:25 pm
Location: New York

Re: Looking at getting a new computer. Madden 08 question

Postby RevanFan » Wed May 09, 2018 4:29 pm

phalanx93 wrote:Thank you RevanFan, it is amazing how the graphics card just explodes the cost of the computer, I mean I can go all in on the processor, and still not get near the top end of my budget if I go integrated.

I don't think any laptops use it, but if you want a desktop with really good integrated graphics, you could build one using AMD's desktop APUs. The Ryzen 2400G is the best one. They have integrated graphics that can even play games like Doom and Ghost Recon: Wildlands on low.

For laptops, just get the best Intel one you can and roll with it for Madden.

And yeah, graphics card prices are ridiculous, though they are slowly going down. And RAM prices may soon stabilize because the producers of it are being investigated for collision to keep prices high.
My Historic Cowboys Teams - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=240
My Cowboys Journal - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3610
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a New Yorker born and raised.

User avatar
ultimatum77
Hall of Fame
Posts: 1200
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:28 am

Re: Looking at getting a new computer. Madden 08 question

Postby ultimatum77 » Thu May 10, 2018 8:27 am

I recommend getting an AMD A6-7310 quad core laptop. It's a few years old but is a quad core and runs my madden08 on my laptop flawlessly no glitches/hickups/graphics artifacts or driver errors.

Don't waste your money on over priced Intel i generation processors...with integrated graphics....its better to get an AMD for less money and also has a separate graphics gpu for better game processing...no need for window mode or special programs like intel needs for madden to run windowed or support greater resolutions....

AMD - simply the best in terms of value and solid in performance.....
i have used both intel and amd and my AMD hardware outlasts my intel hardware by several years all the time.....

As far as laptop brands I would go with a Toshiba although their quality has gone down they make solid laptops that you can upgrade the ram to and it will increase game speed.

I also recently bought a HP 245 G5 laptop with AMD A6 7310 quad core processor with radeon r5 graphics....it runs very well esp with at least 8 gb ram or more.....
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

phalanx93
All-Pro
Posts: 129
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: Looking at getting a new computer. Madden 08 question

Postby phalanx93 » Fri May 11, 2018 4:25 am

ultimatum77 wrote:I recommend getting an AMD A6-7310 quad core laptop. It's a few years old but is a quad core and runs my madden08 on my laptop flawlessly no glitches/hickups/graphics artifacts or driver errors.

Don't waste your money on over priced Intel i generation processors...with integrated graphics....its better to get an AMD for less money and also has a separate graphics gpu for better game processing...no need for window mode or special programs like intel needs for madden to run windowed or support greater resolutions....

AMD - simply the best in terms of value and solid in performance.....
i have used both intel and amd and my AMD hardware outlasts my intel hardware by several years all the time.....

As far as laptop brands I would go with a Toshiba although their quality has gone down they make solid laptops that you can upgrade the ram to and it will increase game speed.

I also recently bought a HP 245 G5 laptop with AMD A6 7310 quad core processor with radeon r5 graphics....it runs very well esp with at least 8 gb ram or more.....


Thank you, something else to consider, along with RevanFan's suggestion. In the end, I just have to finalize my real budget, look at the options, and go for it. My current laptop is slowly becoming unusable

User avatar
ultimatum77
Hall of Fame
Posts: 1200
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:28 am

Re: Looking at getting a new computer. Madden 08 question

Postby ultimatum77 » Fri May 11, 2018 9:18 am

phalanx93 wrote:
ultimatum77 wrote:I recommend getting an AMD A6-7310 quad core laptop. It's a few years old but is a quad core and runs my madden08 on my laptop flawlessly no glitches/hickups/graphics artifacts or driver errors.

Don't waste your money on over priced Intel i generation processors...with integrated graphics....its better to get an AMD for less money and also has a separate graphics gpu for better game processing...no need for window mode or special programs like intel needs for madden to run windowed or support greater resolutions....

AMD - simply the best in terms of value and solid in performance.....
i have used both intel and amd and my AMD hardware outlasts my intel hardware by several years all the time.....

As far as laptop brands I would go with a Toshiba although their quality has gone down they make solid laptops that you can upgrade the ram to and it will increase game speed.

I also recently bought a HP 245 G5 laptop with AMD A6 7310 quad core processor with radeon r5 graphics....it runs very well esp with at least 8 gb ram or more.....


Thank you, something else to consider, along with RevanFan's suggestion. In the end, I just have to finalize my real budget, look at the options, and go for it. My current laptop is slowly becoming unusable


Sometimes old laptops just need a little TLC....just look up on youtube your model and if your brave like me just open up your laptop clean out the dust fan and put some new thermal grease on the cpu and gpu. Sometimes you need to test if your hard drive read/write speed is up to par or if its too old and lost some of its speed.

I still am using a 6 year old toshiba laptop and its running fabulously just by doing system maintenance every year of cleaning the vents and thermal grates from dust and putting new thermal grease on the cpu and gpu.

just some food for thought, maybe you can save a bit of money.....
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

phalanx93
All-Pro
Posts: 129
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: Looking at getting a new computer. Madden 08 question

Postby phalanx93 » Fri May 11, 2018 11:58 am

ultimatum77 wrote:


Sometimes old laptops just need a little TLC....just look up on youtube your model and if your brave like me just open up your laptop clean out the dust fan and put some new thermal grease on the cpu and gpu. Sometimes you need to test if your hard drive read/write speed is up to par or if its too old and lost some of its speed.

I still am using a 6 year old toshiba laptop and its running fabulously just by doing system maintenance every year of cleaning the vents and thermal grates from dust and putting new thermal grease on the cpu and gpu.

just some food for thought, maybe you can save a bit of money.....


In my case, the usb ports on the left side aren't holding their connection and need to be replaced. Best case scenario, roughly $200, and this is if the USB ports are not on the main motherboard. Otherwise, more money. And even a good low-end gamimg comes in at about $600-$700. Plus all the other advantages of a new computer.


Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests