CPU v. CPU Sliders -- Test Results

Sliders, settings and other adjustments to make the game more realistic.
User avatar
KeepinItTeal
Hall of Fame
Posts: 1174
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:11 pm
Location: NE FLA

Re: CPU v. CPU Sliders -- Test Results

Postby KeepinItTeal » Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:51 am

jose21crisis wrote:
mattjames2010 wrote:There's almost a 100% chance in every game that there will be a 75 yard passing TD with nearly every single slider set, tweak, etc. I've attempted with CPU vs. CPU

It gets even worse if the game is close in the 4th quarter - the "comeback code" has made this game nearly unplayable - has there ever been a fix for this? No amount of actual tweaking within game will stop this.


Those 75+ passing TDs ... are they the "Receiver breaks a tackle and is off to the races" type or the Deep Bomb type?

I was playing with a slider set a while ago. Not perfectly sure what did it, but a combination of Knockdowns at 35, Punt Catch Interference at 5, Defensive Pass Interference at 77 and Offensive Aggressiveness at 30 allowed me to see a few games with the QB not trying a 50+ yard pass. The only 73 pass TD the CPU QB did against my team was a 15 yard reception with a few broken tackles (Poor tackling is poor) and whiffed tackles that was taken the distance.


I would estimate that more than 50% of the long TDs I see in the passing game are due to poor tackling after a short to medium route catch.

Re: CPU v. CPU Sliders -- Test Results

Sponsor

Sponsor
 

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame
Posts: 1150
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:14 am

Re: CPU v. CPU Sliders -- Test Results

Postby jose21crisis » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:19 pm

I wonder if you managed to get any improvement when it comes to the sacks. So far, unless the QB is a scrambler, I can't get more than 1 sack per game, if I do get one (Usually when it is Tom Brady running a WR Screen play and not throwing the ball fast enough). Even when I'm user controlling a D-Lineman and just bursting into the backfield, the QB tends to throw the ball very, very fast.

User avatar
cdcool
MVP
Posts: 726
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:02 pm
Location: Chicago/New York City

Re: CPU v. CPU Sliders -- Test Results

Postby cdcool » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:23 pm

KeepinItTeal wrote:
cdcool wrote:You are on 12 minutes Quarters, I make the sacrifice with 15


The reason being is that in my franchise I play out all of the Jaguars gams CPU v. CPU, but all other games are fast simmed. If I played out the Jags games at 15 min quarters by the end of the season my primary RB would have 100 more carries than the rest of the RB1s in the league and my QB would have 100+ more pass attempts. At 12 everything matches up with the rest of the league's stats and, in addition, as seen above, they also match up nicely with real life NFL stats.


From history, from what I recall, Fast simming games within Madden are not affected by sliders, Not talking about the speed option in Cal's scripts which does.

User avatar
cdcool
MVP
Posts: 726
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:02 pm
Location: Chicago/New York City

Re: CPU v. CPU Sliders -- Test Results

Postby cdcool » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:24 pm

KeepinItTeal wrote:
cdcool wrote:You are on 12 minutes Quarters, I make the sacrifice with 15


The reason being is that in my franchise I play out all of the Jaguars gams CPU v. CPU, but all other games are fast simmed. If I played out the Jags games at 15 min quarters by the end of the season my primary RB would have 100 more carries than the rest of the RB1s in the league and my QB would have 100+ more pass attempts. At 12 everything matches up with the rest of the league's stats and, in addition, as seen above, they also match up nicely with real life NFL stats.


From history, from what I recall, Fast simming games within Madden are not affected by sliders, Not talking about the speed option in Cal's scripts which does.

User avatar
KeepinItTeal
Hall of Fame
Posts: 1174
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:11 pm
Location: NE FLA

Re: CPU v. CPU Sliders -- Test Results

Postby KeepinItTeal » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:29 pm

cdcool wrote:
KeepinItTeal wrote:
cdcool wrote:You are on 12 minutes Quarters, I make the sacrifice with 15


The reason being is that in my franchise I play out all of the Jaguars gams CPU v. CPU, but all other games are fast simmed. If I played out the Jags games at 15 min quarters by the end of the season my primary RB would have 100 more carries than the rest of the RB1s in the league and my QB would have 100+ more pass attempts. At 12 everything matches up with the rest of the league's stats and, in addition, as seen above, they also match up nicely with real life NFL stats.


From history, from what I recall, Fast simming games within Madden are not affected by sliders, Not talking about the speed option in Cal's scripts which does.


Sorry, not getting your point.

User avatar
cdcool
MVP
Posts: 726
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:02 pm
Location: Chicago/New York City

Re: CPU v. CPU Sliders -- Test Results

Postby cdcool » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:48 pm

KeepinItTeal wrote:
cdcool wrote:
KeepinItTeal wrote:
The reason being is that in my franchise I play out all of the Jaguars gams CPU v. CPU, but all other games are fast simmed. If I played out the Jags games at 15 min quarters by the end of the season my primary RB would have 100 more carries than the rest of the RB1s in the league and my QB would have 100+ more pass attempts. At 12 everything matches up with the rest of the league's stats and, in addition, as seen above, they also match up nicely with real life NFL stats.


From history, from what I recall, Fast simming games within Madden are not affected by sliders, Not talking about the speed option in Cal's scripts which does.


Sorry, not getting your point.


You can fast sim games or simulate games in Madden, one by one or the entire week or season correct?

Sliders settings don’t matter,

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame
Posts: 1150
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:14 am

Re: CPU v. CPU Sliders -- Test Results

Postby jose21crisis » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:37 pm

KeepinItTeal wrote:
cdcool wrote:
KeepinItTeal wrote:
The reason being is that in my franchise I play out all of the Jaguars gams CPU v. CPU, but all other games are fast simmed. If I played out the Jags games at 15 min quarters by the end of the season my primary RB would have 100 more carries than the rest of the RB1s in the league and my QB would have 100+ more pass attempts. At 12 everything matches up with the rest of the league's stats and, in addition, as seen above, they also match up nicely with real life NFL stats.


From history, from what I recall, Fast simming games within Madden are not affected by sliders, Not talking about the speed option in Cal's scripts which does.


Sorry, not getting your point.

I think what cdcool means is that fast simmed games (AKA any game you don't watch) are not affected by any AI slider or penalty slider configuration, other than the coach sliders. However, played games (AKA games that you do watch) are affected by the slider sets. And you can use the Speed Up CPU vs. CPU games to ... well ... speed up those games if needed.

User avatar
cdcool
MVP
Posts: 726
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:02 pm
Location: Chicago/New York City

Re: CPU v. CPU Sliders -- Test Results

Postby cdcool » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:18 pm

jose21crisis wrote:
KeepinItTeal wrote:
cdcool wrote:
From history, from what I recall, Fast simming games within Madden are not affected by sliders, Not talking about the speed option in Cal's scripts which does.


Sorry, not getting your point.

I think what cdcool means is that fast simmed games (AKA any game you don't watch) are not affected by any AI slider or penalty slider configuration, other than the coach sliders. However, played games (AKA games that you do watch) are affected by the slider sets. And you can use the Speed Up CPU vs. CPU games to ... well ... speed up those games if needed.


Yes, that is correct.. thanks

User avatar
rambolz
All-Pro
Posts: 315
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:59 am

Re: CPU v. CPU Sliders -- Test Results

Postby rambolz » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:33 am

Hi KIT,

Coming back after quite a while away from Madden. I'm looking for a set of sliders, coach aggression/philosophy settings, game settings and all that. Can you post your most recent sliders you're using and the coach settings and game settings you're using? Also any other adjustments you've made? I saw a post earlier talking about the global adjustment to catch rating for defenders, are you using that? I assume you're using Calhoupe's scripts as well? :P

Sorry if this a bit much to ask, I just don't have any of my old settings saved anywhere. I'll probably start playing again when the updated rosters are out and I manage to get all the mods installed.

User avatar
KeepinItTeal
Hall of Fame
Posts: 1174
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:11 pm
Location: NE FLA

Re: CPU v. CPU Sliders -- Test Results

Postby KeepinItTeal » Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:46 am

rambolz wrote:Hi KIT,

Coming back after quite a while away from Madden. I'm looking for a set of sliders, coach aggression/philosophy settings, game settings and all that. Can you post your most recent sliders you're using and the coach settings and game settings you're using? Also any other adjustments you've made? I saw a post earlier talking about the global adjustment to catch rating for defenders, are you using that? I assume you're using Calhoupe's scripts as well? :P

Sorry if this a bit much to ask, I just don't have any of my old settings saved anywhere. I'll probably start playing again when the updated rosters are out and I manage to get all the mods installed.


Hey man,

Here are my current settings:

Code: Select all

Slider                         Human   CPU
QB Accuracy                       65    65
Pass Blocking                     10    10
Receiver Catching                 48    48
Running Ability                   65    65
Offensive line Run Blocking       30    30
Defensive Awareness               47    47
Defensive line Knockdowns          5     5
Interceptions                     32    32
Defensive Break Blocks            12    12
Tackling                          42    42
Fieldgoal Length                  45    45
Fieldgoal Accuracy                99    99
Punt Length                       30    30
Punt Accuracy                     99    99
Kickoff Length                    48    48

Coach Settings: change Run/Pass % to 25% Pass / 75% Run and Offensive Aggression at 30/70 for played games (ie, watched games).   

Simmed games Run/Pass % at 70% pass / 30% Run and Offensive Aggression at 30/70.


Also, review this post for additional settings related to defender's catch settings to improve the realism of the rest of the league's stats: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=20623&start=10#p114378

Lastly, here are the rest of my current settings:
Image
Image
Image


Return to “Sliders and adjustments”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest