KeepinItTeal wrote:As an update, I ran 8 playoff games in franchise mode, with one significant change -- using Caloupe's scripts I enabled the Peyton Manning script and went down to 11 min quarters. However, even moving down to 11 min quarters there were more plays per game due to the Manning script. Here are the updated stats:
425 Attempts for 1,710 yards. That's 26.6 carries per game, the NFL average is 26. It's a per team/per game average of 106.9 yds, the NFL average is 108. And is a per carry average of 4.02, the NFL average is 4.15.
351 completions on 591 passes for 4,889 yards, with 30 TDs and 10 ints. and 25 sacks. That's 21.9 completions per game (NFL average is 22), 36.9 attempts per game (NFL average is 36), a completion % of 59.3 (NFL average is 63%), 305.5 yds per game (NFL average is 241), 1.87 TDs per game/per team (NFL average is 1.8), 0.62 ints per game/per team (NFL average is 0.8) and 1.56 sacks per team/per game (NFL average is 2.3).
So, with those new stats in mind, I am going to make the following tweaks:
1. Change Pass Blocking to 15 (from 20)
2. Change Interceptions to 35 (from 30)
3. Change Defense Break Blocks to 12 (from 10)
Importantly, the coach run/pass setting will be set to 30% pass / 70% run, with aggression at 70/30 (although I may experiment with tweaking that setting).
The above tweaks will hopefully lead to more sacks, more ints and a fewer passing yards.
A little tip, use average ranges instead of just averages. For example, the NFL's lowest rushing attempts average is 22.5 Rushes per game, and the highest rushing attempts average is 32.9 Rushes per game. So the running game is working properly.
I'll make a list pretty quick. I got these stats from Pro Football Reference, all of them about the 2017 season:
- Passing Attempts (36.9): The average is 34.2 pass attempts. The highest is 38 Att/G, the lowest is 29.5 Att/G. Yours are well within the range.
- Pass Completions (21.9): The average is 21.2 completed passes. The highest is 24.3 Cmp/G, the lowest is 17.8 Cmp/G. Pretty well here.
- Completion % (59.3%): The average is 62.1%. The highest is 72%, the lowest is 54.4%. Looks good, it could be a bit higher, but it looks good.
- Passing Yards (305.5 Yds): The average is 224.4 Yds/G. The highest is 276.9 Yds/G, the lowest is 175.7 Yds/G. Unless everyone was Drew Brees or Tom Brady, the passing yards shouldn't be this high.
- TD Passes (1.87): The average is 1.4 TDs/Att. The highest is 2.4 TDs/Att. The lowest is 0.8 TDs/Att. Looking good.
- TD% per Pass Attempt (5.1%): The average is 4.2%. The highest is 6.7%. The lowest is 2.5%. Keeps looking good.
- Interceptions (0.62 INTs): The average is 0.8 Ints. The highest is 1.8 Ints. The lowest is 0.4 Ints. It is a bit on the low end of the scale, but it is not so unrealistic.
- Int% per Pass Attempt (1.7%): The average is 2.5%. The highest is 4.9%. The lowest is 1.4%. Again, in the low end but not totally unrealistic.
- Yards Per Attempts (8.29 Yds/Att): The average is 7.0 Y/A. The highest is 8.1 Y/A. The lowest is 5.7 Y/A. Red flag here.
- Yards Per Completion (13.94 Yds/Com): The average is 11.3 Y/C. The highest is 12.6 Y/C. The lowest is 8.9 Y/C. Redder flag here. A little tip. After the game ends, you can go to the Statistics menu, in which you can check the game's stats, drive summary of the current drive (If you check it mid game) and, more importantly, the team's passing log. This shows which routes the team used the most. You can check that and keep track of the most used routes per team.
- Sacks (1.56) : The average is 2.3 Sacks. The highest is 3.5 Sacks. The lowest is 1.1. A bit in the low end, but not totally unrealistic.
- Rushing Attempts (26.6): The average is 26.9 run attempts. The highest is 32.9 Att/G, the lowest is 22.5 Att/G. Looks good here.
- Rushing Yards (106.9): The average is 109.7 Yds/G. The highest is 141.4 Yds/G, the lowest is 76.3 Yds/G. Pretty damn accurate.
- Yards Per Carry (4.02): The average is 4.1 Y/C. The highest is 4.7 Y/C. The lowest is 3.4 Y/C. So, pretty accurate too.)
I'll be trying the set with the changes you did on my franchise so I can pile up some stats and see how it goes, although with 2 additional changes:
- Pass Blocking :18
- RB Ability: 50