Husker coaching change??

madden07eurocat
Hall of Fame

Husker coaching change??

Postby madden07eurocat » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:17 pm

Obviously the last couple of jurists are straggling in, but I have been a die hard Husker fan since the '78 season and I have never been a fan of the coaching change to Mike Riley. Today's loss to NIU isn't a good sign that the program is getting better. Truth be told it is worse than it has been a lot of years. I would venture to say that some will be calling for Coach Riley's job if there isn't a swift turn-around.
Thoughts?
Don't sweat the petty things, and yet don't pet the sweaty things! ;)

Husker coaching change??

Sponsor

Sponsor

jerricho
Rookie

Re: Husker coaching change??

Postby jerricho » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:32 pm

Mike Riley did better than Scott Frost is doing this year.

madden07eurocat
Hall of Fame

Postby madden07eurocat » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:09 pm

jerricho wrote:Mike Riley did better than Scott Frost is doing this year.

Patience my friend. He's having to clean up the mess that Riley left the program in. I would be surprised seeing the rest of the schedule if the Huskers win more than 2 games the rest of the way. Remember they struggled, big time, to win 4 games last season and the last three were blow outs. Know one should have expected more than what they are seeing at this point.
Don't sweat the petty things, and yet don't pet the sweaty things! ;)

KO'BBF
MVP

Postby KO'BBF » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:39 pm

My hometown is 30 miles east of Scott Frost's hometown. I first seen Scott when I was in middle school , he was playing high school basketball against my hometown. First time I saw a dunk in person, and I jeered the visitor for it.

Then he disses Nebraska for Stanford and then comes home because they wanna make him a safety in Palo Alto. Then there was that famous 1996 Arizona State game. Long story short I have never taken a seat on the Scott Frost band wagon.

Now that he's 0-5 I am utterly shocked about how Nebraska fans are treating him. I agree with the junk he inherited, but isn't a good coach supposed to make the weak into winners? Look, Bo Pelini inherited a train wreck from Callahan and he didn't start off 0-5. They would have burned his house down.

But, anyway, look what he did at UCF. So oh, well, whatever.....

Truth be told, college ball pales into comparison with the NFL. I can't take the wobbly passes and the blowouts. Plus, the striped ball is ugly... and its cheating :o .... look for the ball in the air, who needs the stripes? :lol:
"There are Coaches who spend eighteen hours a day coaching the perfect game, and they lose because the ball is oval and they can't control the bounce." - Bud Grant

Return to “College Football”