cdcool's 15 min Quarter: CPU vs CPU (Watched General Manager) sliders and Guide

Sliders, settings and other adjustments to make the game more realistic.
jose21crisis
Hall of Fame
Posts: 1007
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:14 am

Re: cdcool's 15 min Quarter: CPU vs CPU (Watched General Manager) sliders and Guide

Postby jose21crisis » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:49 pm

cdcool wrote:
VikesRule wrote:Are you planning on doing any Madden 19 sliders now that it's been announced for PC?

Hey there, I didn't hear or see that anywhere! but of course!
You got a link?

I hope it allows for CPU vs CPU Play

The entirety of this post. We were talking about M19 and how it was coming back to the PC, and if it was going to be good and all that.

Pretty sure Madden 19 will have CPU vs. CPU games. Madden 18 (As well as every other Madden before it) had them, so I don't see why M19 wouldn't.

Re: cdcool's 15 min Quarter: CPU vs CPU (Watched General Manager) sliders and Guide

Sponsor

Sponsor
 

User avatar
cdcool
MVP
Posts: 629
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:02 pm
Location: Chicago/New York City

Re: cdcool's 15 min Quarter: CPU vs CPU (Watched General Manager) sliders and Guide

Postby cdcool » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:53 pm

jose21crisis wrote:
cdcool wrote:
VikesRule wrote:Are you planning on doing any Madden 19 sliders now that it's been announced for PC?

Hey there, I didn't hear or see that anywhere! but of course!
You got a link?

I hope it allows for CPU vs CPU Play

The entirety of this post. We were talking about M19 and how it was coming back to the PC, and if it was going to be good and all that.

Pretty sure Madden 19 will have CPU vs. CPU games. Madden 18 (As well as every other Madden before it) had them, so I don't see why M19 wouldn't.


Thanks but how can you make that assumption? None of the console versions allowed it and Madden 2008 PC was the last time they allowed it, hopefully, I will get an answer. I forget if Madden 2018 for the Consoles had it, but do remember that the Franchise mode was watered down.

User avatar
cdcool
MVP
Posts: 629
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:02 pm
Location: Chicago/New York City

Re: cdcool's 15 min Quarter: CPU vs CPU (Watched General Manager) sliders and Guide

Postby cdcool » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:02 pm

Looking at my End of Year Season Stats using 15 minute quarters

9 QB's over 4500 yards, Tom Brady leading with 5512 with a Comp % of 61%, 6 QB's averaging over 300 yards or more

31 RB's over 1000 yards with Ezekiel Elliot leading with 1695, 5 RB's averaging over 100 yards or more per game.

50 Wide receivers over 1000 yards with Brandin Crooks leading at 1736 yards and only 3 averaging over 100 yards per game, 8 averaging over 90 per game. There were 25 during the 2016 NFL season

Sack leader Michael Bennett at 20 Sacks.

15 minute quarters and you will get some inflated stats, I believe 12 minutes is the hot spot and has been for many years, whoever I will continue to use 15 minute quarters but will manage the games more closely. Using my sliders CPU vs CPU will get good you better results at 12 minute quarters, but the NFL is based on 15-minute quarters, not 12. I'll take the hit.

If players are trending high and don't get hurt, I would recommend fast simming those games within Madden, when you get to that point probably around week 14, the in-game simmed stats seem more conservative and are not affected by sliders, but you will have enough of my slider stats to be okay at the end, just for the teams and players you need too, in order to keep the End of Year stats more reasonable.

Completion percentages I believe are the best you are going to get with Madden, hence the high number of QB's over 4500 passing yards.

The software has limitations but overall I'm happy with the results
The roster and player ratings used also play a part in this.

Brock
Pro Bowl
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:11 am

Re: cdcool's 15 min Quarter: CPU vs CPU (Watched General Manager) sliders and Guide

Postby Brock » Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:27 pm

I was thinking lower rb ability to around 50-55 and possibly rasing defensive awareness. I'm going to finish my current season, but for the next season I'll tweak them. I'll post them when I get around to it.

Something else has always had me curious, why do rbs and wrs have a crazy breakaway speed when they're in the open field? CB's should be the fastest but they almost never catch up to them, causing many 60+ yard plays.

I notice there's a spreed threshold slider within Madden amp. You ever tired it?

Thinking about it, the low tackle slider is a contributor to big plays as well.

User avatar
cdcool
MVP
Posts: 629
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:02 pm
Location: Chicago/New York City

Re: cdcool's 15 min Quarter: CPU vs CPU (Watched General Manager) sliders and Guide

Postby cdcool » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:17 pm

Brock wrote:I was thinking lower rb ability to around 50-55 and possibly rasing defensive awareness. I'm going to finish my current season, but for the next season I'll tweak them. I'll post them when I get around to it.

Something else has always had me curious, why do rbs and wrs have a crazy breakaway speed when they're in the open field? CB's should be the fastest but they almost never catch up to them, causing many 60+ yard plays.

I notice there's a spreed threshold slider within Madden amp. You ever tired it?

Thinking about it, the low tackle slider is a contributor to big plays as well.


It won’t help, will just break something else, but let me know. The quarters are too long so you have to do as I suggested. Increasing injuries might.

Never tried the speed slider in amp.

Brock
Pro Bowl
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:11 am

Re: cdcool's 15 min Quarter: CPU vs CPU (Watched General Manager) sliders and Guide

Postby Brock » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:20 pm

Yeah possibly. I'm in week 15, so I'll try the 12 mins quarters during the playoffs and possibly post the results then.

User avatar
cdcool
MVP
Posts: 629
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:02 pm
Location: Chicago/New York City

Re: cdcool's 15 min Quarter: CPU vs CPU (Watched General Manager) sliders and Guide

Postby cdcool » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:39 pm

Brock wrote:Yeah possibly. I'm in week 15, so I'll try the 12 mins quarters during the playoffs and possibly post the results then.

Sounds good! I won't be going back to 12 minutes, but the results should be good.


Return to “Sliders and adjustments”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests