New Users - Introduce yourself here

Anything and everything.
LordWillDaBeast
Rookie

Re: New Users - Introduce yourself here

Postby LordWillDaBeast » Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:28 pm

Hey y'all. Longtime New York Giants fan here. I remember playing Madden 08 for hours on end in my youth. Bought the downloadable version on Amazon years ago; looking to mod it up and recapture some of the old magic. Cheers, friends.

Sponsor

Sponsor

TheThunderOfYourLife
Rookie

Postby TheThunderOfYourLife » Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:01 pm

Introducing myself, and I must say this whole Madden 08 project is awesome.

I found out that Madden 08 existed on PC at all from this IGN article: https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/10/12 ... n-08-alive

Honestly, I prefer Madden 08 to any other football game (though I do play NFL 2K3 and NCAA Football 2014 occasionally) as that was the first ever Madden I bought, back in 2007 with my allowance at age 11, in fourth grade, and also participated in a (normally 8th grade only) Madden tournament. I won a trophy as tall as myself by getting second (I'm a REALLY short dude, though!).

I didn't get another Madden until I bought Madden '19 last year to let CPU games play in the background while I study at college, and as soon as I found out Madden '08 had a PC version I sold '19 as fast as I could.

Anyways, it's awesome to see my favorite football game have such a deep modding community. It's cool to meet everyone.

Byrk
Rookie

Postby Byrk » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:03 pm

Thanks for the add. Looking forward to modding Madden 08 so I can actually play a good football sim for once without needing a console or a controller.

pagjame
All-Pro

Postby pagjame » Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:45 pm

Not sure how active this site is anymore but am so grateful for it and all that’s been done. Truly amazing and so much more fun than the limited console stuff.

Lemon4325
Rookie

Postby Lemon4325 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:03 pm

Hey guys o/)

The name is Lemon. I never grew up with the football culture as a kid as the only football that i went to watch was CFL and as my parents were asian immigrants, they never had any exposure to football.

However in high school I played football and that's where i fell in love with the game. Where I live though, we played American Football instead of Canadian rules so I ended up being more attached with the NFL rather than the CFL.

My team is the Chargers but i also cheer for the Lions in the CFL during the NFL off season.

I found Madden 08 because I was looking for a Football game for my laptop and it was the only option lol. I only found this community after I had some problems with my game: Running into Failed: Error after Rookie season in Superstar Mode and Couldn't play a game period in franchise mode. I Uninstalled/Reinstalled the game which seemed to resolve the issue.

Anyways im here to get a more updated of a game that can run on my older laptop and to procrastinate from my uni work :)

Thanks for all the hard work y'all put into this community

Edit: Just did all the neccessary mods for the last season and Im in love with all the work you've done.

First thing im gonna do is relocate Chargers back to SD

prettyGood
Rookie

Postby prettyGood » Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:42 am

Hey everyone -- so happy for communities like this that keep old sports games like the ones I grew up on alive.

jmy177
All-Pro

Postby jmy177 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:47 am

Relocate the Chargers to San Diego!!!! is an awesome first step!! Can you get that done in real life!!! They are lost in LA!

BB3
Rookie

Postby BB3 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:05 pm

Just got my copy of Madden 08 - so excited to see how everything I read about this community comes to life on PC!
I want to personally thank everyone for over a decade of commitment to the love of football.
~BB3

mightyusaid
Rookie

Postby mightyusaid » Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:12 am

I absolutely hate the new madden games, I loved Madden 08, played it in my ps2 and i still miss the franchise on this madden.

boloss
Rookie

Postby boloss » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:46 am

hi from south of france my name's antoine (bonjour antoine)
39 yo
a long disease (since my 15's and still going on) stucks me in my chair, so i've been watching lots of games and played video games for a very long time
been following the nfl since tiki barber and kurt warner.
Played on pc nfl 05 and nfl 08 for a very long time and after on ps3 and next gen. Went back to nfl 19 on pc, cool stuffs and others mods.
A fan of 49ers, i still have a jersey of crabtree printed on my back which i bought in the bay. well he didn't blow the records as joe montana, but the jersey was cheaper. Was looking for kaepernick's one but couldn't find it.
Anyway i am a noob at modding, trying presently to make the mdc files (the draft classes available on the site) loadable by franchise mode. Can't find a way help me

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”