Starting Guide for New Players (Madden NFL 08)

TheNamesRyder
Rookie
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:27 pm

Re: Starting Guide for New Players

Postby TheNamesRyder » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:33 pm

I am using a DVD of Madden 08, followed every step of the various guides except for where Calhoupe says to use the NO DVD mainapp.exe, I did not see this until after I had already used the mainapp.exe, I've been able to mess around with stuff and play a couple of games but my game crashes alot, crashes randomly and whenever a flag is thrown. Any help would be awesome.

Re: Starting Guide for New Players

Sponsor

Sponsor
 

User avatar
RevanFan
Legend
Posts: 10407
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:25 pm
Location: New York

Re: Starting Guide for New Players

Postby RevanFan » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:04 am

TheNamesRyder wrote:I am using a DVD of Madden 08, followed every step of the various guides except for where Calhoupe says to use the NO DVD mainapp.exe, I did not see this until after I had already used the mainapp.exe, I've been able to mess around with stuff and play a couple of games but my game crashes alot, crashes randomly and whenever a flag is thrown. Any help would be awesome.

You need to use calhoupe's scripts to fix that. If you have the DVD version, you don't need to use his mainapp.exe, but you can if you want. It would allow you to not have to use your disc to play the game.
My Historic Cowboys Teams - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=240
My Cowboys Journal - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3610
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a New Yorker born and raised.

TheNamesRyder
Rookie
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:27 pm

Re: Starting Guide for New Players

Postby TheNamesRyder » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:29 am

RevanFan wrote:
TheNamesRyder wrote:I am using a DVD of Madden 08, followed every step of the various guides except for where Calhoupe says to use the NO DVD mainapp.exe, I did not see this until after I had already used the mainapp.exe, I've been able to mess around with stuff and play a couple of games but my game crashes alot, crashes randomly and whenever a flag is thrown. Any help would be awesome.

You need to use calhoupe's scripts to fix that. If you have the DVD version, you don't need to use his mainapp.exe, but you can if you want. It would allow you to not have to use your disc to play the game.


Ah gotcha thanks, maybe I did do it properly because I am able to play without the disk, but I am actually using Calhoupe's scripts, it's weird because I can play like normal and occasionally, the game will freeze, luckily this doesn't happen on every boot up.

Avexos
Rookie
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue May 01, 2018 10:46 pm

Re: Starting Guide for New Players

Postby Avexos » Tue May 01, 2018 11:29 pm

Downloaded and installed the necessary files for the v.4 update, then downloaded and installed the FF mod. However, when I enter the game, the rosters are jumbled and removed like no other. Wrong players on wrong teams, old players with new (incorrect) player portraits, and zero new players.

Kellen Winslow is still around, and apparently, he's gotten plastic surgery because he looks just like Zach Thomas.

What did I do wrong? I've done this in the past and it worked fine.

User avatar
RevanFan
Legend
Posts: 10407
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:25 pm
Location: New York

Re: Starting Guide for New Players

Postby RevanFan » Wed May 02, 2018 1:11 am

Avexos wrote:Downloaded and installed the necessary files for the v.4 update, then downloaded and installed the FF mod. However, when I enter the game, the rosters are jumbled and removed like no other. Wrong players on wrong teams, old players with new (incorrect) player portraits, and zero new players.

Kellen Winslow is still around, and apparently, he's gotten plastic surgery because he looks just like Zach Thomas.

What did I do wrong? I've done this in the past and it worked fine.

Did you load the Default Roster and make sure ALL FIVE packages are installed into the correct locations.
My Historic Cowboys Teams - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=240
My Cowboys Journal - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3610
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a New Yorker born and raised.

MadChef
Rookie
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 8:03 pm

Re: Starting Guide for New Players

Postby MadChef » Mon May 28, 2018 8:09 pm

Hi. I am a newbie and trying to follow the instructions. I tried the link to the patch so that I can update to v4.

It seems that EA took down the FTP location. Anyone know where to get the patch?

User avatar
RevanFan
Legend
Posts: 10407
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:25 pm
Location: New York

Re: Starting Guide for New Players

Postby RevanFan » Tue May 29, 2018 8:30 am

MadChef wrote:Hi. I am a newbie and trying to follow the instructions. I tried the link to the patch so that I can update to v4.

It seems that EA took down the FTP location. Anyone know where to get the patch?

It's still working for me.
My Historic Cowboys Teams - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=240
My Cowboys Journal - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3610
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a New Yorker born and raised.

Aphilidor
Rookie
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:20 pm

Re: Starting Guide for New Players (Madden NFL 08)

Postby Aphilidor » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:13 pm

thank you

User avatar
IndyRevoly
Veteran
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:46 am

Re: Starting Guide for New Players (Madden NFL 08)

Postby IndyRevoly » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:02 am

When I first played Madden NFL 08 all those years ago, my players' uniforms would get dirty. And then, the first time I reinstalled it, they stopped getting dirty. I've never seen dirty uniforms in this game since. Until tonight, when I followed these instructions to a tee. Running it on Windows 10, tonight was the first time I made sure all the .NET Frameworks mentioned in the original post were installed. A couple weren't, and I installed them. I can't really say that that's what it was, because I don't know any better, but tonight, when I reinstalled Madden and beat down the Rams in a rainy L.A. Coliseum, my uniforms got dirty, god damn it. I'm so damn happy I could cry.

Edit: Guess I spoke too soon. Not only are the uniforms back to not getting dirty, but the rain itself borders on practically not appearing when it's "raining." Oh well, meant to install to a secondary drive anyhow and didn't, will give install another crack.
#71,890,810,827,091 on the list of things that I can't do
Image

User avatar
elguapo
Hall of Fame
Posts: 2295
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:24 am
Location: El Paso, TX
Contact:

Re: Starting Guide for New Players (Madden NFL 08)

Postby elguapo » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:48 pm

IndyRevoly wrote:When I first played Madden NFL 08 all those years ago, my players' uniforms would get dirty. And then, the first time I reinstalled it, they stopped getting dirty. I've never seen dirty uniforms in this game since. Until tonight, when I followed these instructions to a tee. Running it on Windows 10, tonight was the first time I made sure all the .NET Frameworks mentioned in the original post were installed. A couple weren't, and I installed them. I can't really say that that's what it was, because I don't know any better, but tonight, when I reinstalled Madden and beat down the Rams in a rainy L.A. Coliseum, my uniforms got dirty, god damn it. I'm so damn happy I could cry.

Edit: Guess I spoke too soon. Not only are the uniforms back to not getting dirty, but the rain itself borders on practically not appearing when it's "raining." Oh well, meant to install to a secondary drive anyhow and didn't, will give install another crack.


Are you playing on a "Grass" field instead of a "Grassy Turf" or "Turf" field?


Return to “FAQs”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest