Attn: W10/8.1/7/XP Users with issues running madden08 update revision 10-2017

Madden crashing, franchise corrupt, games won't sim? Get help here.
BUS36
Hall of Fame

Re: Attn: W10/8.1/7/XP Users with issues running madden08 update revision 10-2017

Postby BUS36 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:30 am

I bleed BLACK N GOLD

Re: Attn: W10/8.1/7/XP Users with issues running madden08 update revision 10-2017

Sponsor

Sponsor

jmy177
Veteran

Postby jmy177 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:02 am

I too have windows 10, after a few tweaks the game played fine......until I ran it through text mod. Then its slow loading from the title screen, slow loading the contest, slow loading from cut scenes and freezes during plays!! Can you help me?

nyjeezy
Rookie

Postby nyjeezy » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:21 pm

Win10 user here (using a brand new PC) who purchased a disc copy of the game. It runs fine after installing it (and following the steps accordingly), but I'm running into the following issues:

1. The mouse cursor is nowhere to be found, and the keyboard doesn't help navigating the menus.

2. The game doesn't acknowledge when I'm using my wireless 360 controller.

Been trying to troubleshoot these issues for a few hours now, and haven't been able to find any solutions. Can anyone help?

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:33 pm

nyjeezy wrote:Win10 user here (using a brand new PC) who purchased a disc copy of the game. It runs fine after installing it (and following the steps accordingly), but I'm running into the following issues:

1. The mouse cursor is nowhere to be found, and the keyboard doesn't help navigating the menus.

Been trying to troubleshoot these issues for a few hours now, and haven't been able to find any solutions. Can anyone help?

For #1, there are two options, though note that you can do both of them together if you wish.

1. Under your PC Settings, under System, in the Display section, you'll need to set a custom scaling factor. You can do that in the "Scale and Layout" section. Anything under 150% should work, so I set it to 149%. However, if your monitor is only 1080p, you shouldn't have this issue.

2. Use calhoupe's Madden scripts to run the game in window mode.
My Historic Cowboys Teams - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=240
My Cowboys Journal - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3610
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a New Yorker born and raised.

nyjeezy
Rookie

Postby nyjeezy » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:29 am

RevanFan wrote:
nyjeezy wrote:Win10 user here (using a brand new PC) who purchased a disc copy of the game. It runs fine after installing it (and following the steps accordingly), but I'm running into the following issues:

For #1, there are two options, though note that you can do both of them together if you wish.

1. Under your PC Settings, under System, in the Display section, you'll need to set a custom scaling factor. You can do that in the "Scale and Layout" section. Anything under 150% should work, so I set it to 149%. However, if your monitor is only 1080p, you shouldn't have this issue.

Thanks for the quick response, RevanFan. For #1, I'm using my TV (50" 4k) as the monitor, and actually tried out the "Scale and Layout" adjustment fix set to 150% to no avail. I'll give #2 a shot this weekend.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:10 pm

nyjeezy wrote:
RevanFan wrote:

Thanks for the quick response, RevanFan. For #1, I'm using my TV (50" 4k) as the monitor, and actually tried out the "Scale and Layout" adjustment fix set to 150% to no avail. I'll give #2 a shot this weekend.

No, you need to have it BELOW 150%. Set a custom scaling factor to 149% and try that.
My Historic Cowboys Teams - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=240
My Cowboys Journal - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3610
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a New Yorker born and raised.

Return to “Troubleshooting”