Calhoupe's Madden Scripts

mike9472
All-Pro

Re: Calhoupe's Madden Scripts

Postby mike9472 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:42 pm

sarcasticface wrote:
calhoupe wrote:
Why is it that on the NCAA Rules, if there is a fumble, no matter what team touches it, the game thinks the play's over and its still the team's (team that fumbled it) ball?

I'm not sure what's going on here. I do have it coded in so that a ball that isn't fumbled but has been dropped (such as a deflected pass) will be picked up after the whistle. This doesn't affect the game; it's just there to make the game more realistic. Are you sure that what you're seeing are actually fumbles?

Yes, I'm sure. I'll try to get a replay when I have time...

I've had the same thing happen to me a couple of times.

Sponsor

Sponsor

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:30 pm

I was wondering. You know how the newer Madden have different Sub Out/In sets so that some players substitute more often than others (Say, a lot more HB subs than WR subs). Is that hard to implement as a script, multiple boxes that contain different Sub Out/In values per position?

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:20 am

I am still seeing Kickoffs at the 30 yard line at the Opening KO with the Human team kicking and at 2nd half by the Human team.
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

calhoupe
All-Pro

Postby calhoupe » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:55 am

I am still seeing Kickoffs at the 30 yard line at the Opening KO with the Human team kicking and at 2nd half by the Human team.

Yeah, I'm working on fixing this while implementing the new kick rules.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:19 pm

calhoupe wrote:

Yeah, I'm working on fixing this while implementing the new kick rules.

In the meantime, if you pause the game, go to the scripts, disable and enable the new rules script, it'll set the kickoff correctly.
My Historic Cowboys Teams - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=240
My Cowboys Journal - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3610
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a New Yorker born and raised.

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:23 pm

Something that I think would improve the "Expanded Catching" script. Right now, the Swat ball button or key makes the player try to do a one handed catch. Is it possible to change it so that it triggered Jumping catch animations instead. With that, it would be similar to the next gen Maddens, where you have RAC (Run After Catch, a fancy way of calling the standard catch), Aggressive (The receiver catches the ball at the highest possible point) and Possession (The receiver makes the catch and drops to the ground instantly, to make sure he has control of the ball. This one can be kind of triggered already with the Dive button or key).

calhoupe
All-Pro

Postby calhoupe » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:55 am

You probably don't know this, it took me years before I figured this out, but you can already do what you're talking about to some extent by pressing right analog stick up for a jumping/high catch and right analog stick down for a possession/low catch. There are a bunch of controls that were added in madden 07 and 08 when they added superstar mode. For example, you can use the right analog stick to make cuts while controlling a receiver.

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:35 pm

calhoupe wrote:You probably don't know this, it took me years before I figured this out, but you can already do what you're talking about to some extent by pressing right analog stick up for a jumping/high catch and right analog stick down for a possession/low catch. There are a bunch of controls that were added in madden 07 and 08 when they added superstar mode. For example, you can use the right analog stick to make cuts while controlling a receiver.

Yeah, didn't realize the that the Right Analog could do any catches until now. I did knew about the cuts, but not about the catches. Although I have to use Shift + Up for the jumping/high catches. Is a shame that those commands are not listed anywhere in the 08 manual. Right now I'm using a combination of S (My diving catch key), E (Standard catch key) and Shift + Up (For the jumping catches)

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:39 pm

jose21crisis wrote:
calhoupe wrote:You probably don't know this, it took me years before I figured this out, but you can already do what you're talking about to some extent by pressing right analog stick up for a jumping/high catch and right analog stick down for a possession/low catch. There are a bunch of controls that were added in madden 07 and 08 when they added superstar mode. For example, you can use the right analog stick to make cuts while controlling a receiver.

Yeah, didn't realize the that the Right Analog could do any catches until now. I did knew about the cuts, but not about the catches. Although I have to use Shift + Up for the jumping/high catches. Is a shame that those commands are not listed anywhere in the 08 manual. Right now I'm using a combination of S (My diving catch key), E (Standard catch key) and Shift + Up (For the jumping catches)

SHIFT modifiers can be used for catches? Never had any clue about that.
My Historic Cowboys Teams - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=240
My Cowboys Journal - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3610
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a New Yorker born and raised.

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:02 pm

RevanFan wrote:
jose21crisis wrote:

SHIFT modifiers can be used for catches? Never had any clue about that.

Yeah, it was a shocker for me too. The timing is harder compared to a standard catch though.

Return to “Utilities”