UHD Crowd Mod V2.2 Now Available! (All 32 Teams) W/ Template

VirdeeMan
All-Pro

Re: UHD Crowd Mod *RELEASE* (All 32 Teams)

Postby VirdeeMan » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:14 am

cyclone2426 wrote:
Littleware wrote:Heads up, the crowds do not follow the teams in franchise. In my franchise, I have Tampa Bay in AFC South and Houston in NFC South. Upon loading either team's crowd, neither show up in game!I have to load NFC South to get Tampa Bay to show up and the same for the Texans using the AFC South crowd!

Because the TPF files aren't dynamic, they're not loading any info from the game, they're just a collection of images pointing to memory addresses. So dont think of the TPF file as tied to the conference/division, think of it as tied to the teams within the TPF. Basically label the file Bucs/Panthers/Saints/Falcons instead of NFC South, that way you'll remember its the team that matters not the conference/division. Plus you could rebuild the TPFs and put the Bucs files in the AFC South and vice versa if you're so inclined to sticking with the division names for the TPFs.

Yeah I was going to do that when I got the time to. Guys feel free to post any more issues you have,

Sponsor

Sponsor

Littleware
Banned

Postby Littleware » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:59 pm

cyclone2426 wrote:
Littleware wrote:Heads up, the crowds do not follow the teams in franchise. In my franchise, I have Tampa Bay in AFC South and Houston in NFC South. Upon loading either team's crowd, neither show up in game!I have to load NFC South to get Tampa Bay to show up and the same for the Texans using the AFC South crowd!

Because the TPF files aren't dynamic, they're not loading any info from the game, they're just a collection of images pointing to memory addresses. So dont think of the TPF file as tied to the conference/division, think of it as tied to the teams within the TPF. Basically label the file Bucs/Panthers/Saints/Falcons instead of NFC South, that way you'll remember its the team that matters not the conference/division. Plus you could rebuild the TPFs and put the Bucs files in the AFC South and vice versa if you're so inclined to sticking with the division names for the TPFs.

It's apparent you didn't read this cyclone2425...

VirdeeMan wrote:
ycleped wrote:Quick question...

The Vikings Stadium .tpf for the US Bank Stadium uses the Lions stadium when in stadium selections screen. Because the Vikings and Lions are both in the NFC North, the crowd shows as Lions fans. Any way to have them show correctly?

That shouldn't be happening because the crowds are connected to teams not stadiums. Well I did log textures from the outdoor Vikings stadium maybe that has something to do with it? I'm gonna try to release a new version of this crowd mod sometime this week.

So in that case, crowd is attached to the stadium. Because both stadiums use the same model, they both use the same crowd address. Since the Lions is first in the tpf, it's the one that gets loaded in both stadiums. He'll just have to seperate the Viking crowd tpf to a standalone!

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:45 pm

Littleware wrote:
cyclone2426 wrote:the crowds are connected to teams not stadiums.

So in that case, crowd is attached to the stadium. Because both stadiums use the same model, they both use the same crowd address.

We're trying to work on 10 different things atm, but dat crowds are one of them.

The crowd texture, for exhibition games at the very least, are tied to the weather and the home team, not the stadium. I'm not sure how custom stadiums interact, but by default it is based on the home team. That may change in franchise games, since you can't change the home team, but I'm not sure.

Either way, we're trying to replace them via dats.
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

cyclone2426
All-Pro

Postby cyclone2426 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:09 pm

Littleware wrote:It's apparent you didn't read this cyclone2426...

I sure didnt, because it has no bearing on what I was talking about. That's a separate issue than what you brought up.

Littleware
Banned

Postby Littleware » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:14 pm

cyclone2426 wrote:

I sure didnt, because it has no bearing on what I was talking about. That's a separate issue than what you brought up.

Yeah it had too much bearing that you couldn't analyze, your statement is pointless... Don't do it again!

I suggest you read it again, but slower!!!

BelieverInTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby BelieverInTeal » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:47 pm

From my experience, the crowd is definitely tied to the team's colours. You can put the Bucs (as an example) in any stadium you want and the five memory addresses associated with them should be the same. If you change even one team colour, then the five memory addresses will change along with them.

I can't speak to the specific case with regards to the Vikings and Lions, but if they share a common crowd texture, then it might be necessary to change the colours of one of the teams in question. You can change the Vikings' TBCB from 131 to 132 and that should suffice...but test it first, I could be wrong.

cyclone2426
All-Pro

Postby cyclone2426 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:17 pm

Littleware wrote:
cyclone2426 wrote:

Yeah it had too much bearing that you couldn't analyze, your statement is pointless... Don't do it again!

I suggest you read it again, but slower!!!

I dont get why your coming at me, you brought up about the crowds not "following" the teams when changing division and I explained why it was doing that due to the nature of the TPF and how Virdee packaged them. The issue about the Vikings crowd not working due to using the Lions stadium is a totally different issue than what you mentioned and what I posted, I dont get where you're coming from with all this. I was just trying to help you. If you take the Bucs files from the NFC South TPF and put them in the AFC South TPF, you can use the AFC South TPF with your franchise, simple as that. Like I said, its not the name of the TPF that matters, its the files inside that matter, so in your case use the file that has the Bucs crowds regardless what its labeled (i.e. NFC South), or move them into the one you want if the you want to stick with the filenames (AFC South). The TPF files dont know what divisions your teams are in, they aren't dynamic, but that's how Virdee naturally labeled them due to their real life alignment. I think you totally misunderstood what I was saying and took it as something negative when it wasn't.

VirdeeMan
All-Pro

Postby VirdeeMan » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:40 pm

Not sure if rosters cause any of the lions/Vikings crowd issue.

madden07eurocat
Hall of Fame

Postby madden07eurocat » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:54 am

If you want to see this in action on a different system then you can take a look at my video journal against the Redskins here http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18859&start=90

I do know from testing that it matters, if you are using multiple tpf files, where they are placed in the tpf order in Texmod. For instance when using the Browns, if I place the AFC North Crowd at the bottom of the list, they don't show up. If I place them further up the ladder they will show up. I don't know if that is an issue for the Vikes/Lions or not. I haven't tested that but thought I would share that with everyone.
Don't sweat the petty things, and yet don't pet the sweaty things! ;)

VirdeeMan
All-Pro

Postby VirdeeMan » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:34 am

Alright guys, thought I'd give you guys a quick update. Tried messing around with stadiums.dat and I found a crowd file that only contained green and black colors. I then put one of the new crowds in and indexed the colors. The results are not good.

screen0010.jpg
screen0010.jpg (2.17 MiB) Viewed 1516 times

Return to “Graphics”