Hypothetical.....

cyclone2426
All-Pro

Re: Hypothetical.....

Postby cyclone2426 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:03 pm

ultimatum77 wrote:The only teams that are watchable right now are the raiders (due to their great season this past year for once lol)

Of course the one team leaving California lol

Sponsor

Sponsor

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:18 pm

ultimatum77 wrote:
1312qohelet wrote:I am for the Bears, through and through.
However, I also do consider myself a fan of the Chargers and the Browns.
I really know how how to pick a winner, don't I?

Not a die-hard fan, but I do follow them....well, I did. I still haven't decided if I am going to drop them completely, but I am leaning toward that.
I feel for their true fans, though. They are few and far between, as it is.
My brother has been to a handful of Chargers home games. He said that more often, than not, in the stadium there were more fans for the opposing team than for the Chargers.
A lot more. He said a couple times it was close to a 2-1 ratio.
Now that they've moved, Chargers fans might go extinct. They'll be the stuff of legends and folk-tales, like Big-Foot, or Slender Man.
There will be grainy, pov cell phone videos of someone walking through a dark forest, wearing a Tomlinson jersey.

What's worse, is the NFL fans who live in Los Angeles DON"T even want them there.
At least, that's what several sports media outlets want us to believe.
I actually do believe it, to a certain degree

Lol this was an epic response Q! I laughed hard when you said "grainy tomlinson jersey wearing fan walking through the woods" lol hahahah......

I agree with your comment about brees/payton otherwise brees may have become a backup qb or out of the league if he signed with someone else.

As far as the chargers moving, I think its stupid because LA is already a crowded sports market even with the Rams moving there and the Raiders and 49ers close by. That's 4 NFL teams in one state! IN order to move merchandise/tickets the teams have to be really good because LA fans hate sucky teams. The only teams that are watchable right now are the raiders (due to their great season this past year for once lol) and maybe the chargers the other teams are dumpster fires that need a lot of work. Just from a purely financial perspective I think going into an already crowded market like LA is a bad move in terms of moving tickets/merchandise along with the pressure of winning/media that the big cities bring.

haha..thanks, pal.
I do feel really bad, though.
Diego is such a frikkin' cool city. They got a raw deal here, for sure

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:00 am

1312qohelet wrote:
ultimatum77 wrote:
1312qohelet wrote:I am for the Bears, through and through.
However, I also do consider myself a fan of the Chargers and the Browns.
I really know how how to pick a winner, don't I?

Not a die-hard fan, but I do follow them....well, I did. I still haven't decided if I am going to drop them completely, but I am leaning toward that.
I feel for their true fans, though. They are few and far between, as it is.
My brother has been to a handful of Chargers home games. He said that more often, than not, in the stadium there were more fans for the opposing team than for the Chargers.
A lot more. He said a couple times it was close to a 2-1 ratio.
Now that they've moved, Chargers fans might go extinct. They'll be the stuff of legends and folk-tales, like Big-Foot, or Slender Man.
There will be grainy, pov cell phone videos of someone walking through a dark forest, wearing a Tomlinson jersey.

What's worse, is the NFL fans who live in Los Angeles DON"T even want them there.
At least, that's what several sports media outlets want us to believe.
I actually do believe it, to a certain degree

Lol this was an epic response Q! I laughed hard when you said "grainy tomlinson jersey wearing fan walking through the woods" lol hahahah......

I agree with your comment about brees/payton otherwise brees may have become a backup qb or out of the league if he signed with someone else.

As far as the chargers moving, I think its stupid because LA is already a crowded sports market even with the Rams moving there and the Raiders and 49ers close by. That's 4 NFL teams in one state! IN order to move merchandise/tickets the teams have to be really good because LA fans hate sucky teams. The only teams that are watchable right now are the raiders (due to their great season this past year for once lol) and maybe the chargers the other teams are dumpster fires that need a lot of work. Just from a purely financial perspective I think going into an already crowded market like LA is a bad move in terms of moving tickets/merchandise along with the pressure of winning/media that the big cities bring.

haha..thanks, pal.
I do feel really bad, though.
Diego is such a frikkin' cool city. They got a raw deal here, for sure

Yeah, I enjoyed San Diego when I went there when I was younger. Their people are being screwed over by the Chargers, and they have very right to be pissed.

But I still maintain that the coolest city, New York, gets screwed by the NFL too. The only NFL team in the state of New York is in Buffalo. BUFFALO! (Yes, I know there are two teams in name... but they aren't really New York teams. You can't claim you're from New York when you're in New Jersey. It's morally wrong.)
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Postby JSamuel » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:08 am

RevanFan wrote:...the coolest city, New York, gets screwed by the NFL too. The only NFL team in the state of New York is in Buffalo. BUFFALO!

I know right? Buffalo strait-up sucks!

But, it really is crazy there isn't a team in New York. I wish there was only one team in each state... that way they would be more spread out. And that one team should be in the state's largest city.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:12 am

JSamuel wrote:
RevanFan wrote:...the coolest city, New York, gets screwed by the NFL too. The only NFL team in the state of New York is in Buffalo. BUFFALO!

But, it really is crazy there isn't a team in New York. I wish there was only one team in each state... that way they would be more spread out. And that one team should be in the state's largest city.

The Giants and Jets both used to play at the Polo Grounds in Upper Manhattan/Washington Heights, but now they're both in New Jersey.

And I really shouldn't badmouth Buffalo. I have some family there.
My Cowboys Journal

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Postby JSamuel » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:45 am

RevanFan wrote:
JSamuel wrote:

The Giants and Jets both used to play at the Polo Grounds in Upper Manhattan/Washington Heights, but now they're both in New Jersey.

And I really shouldn't badmouth Buffalo. I have some family there.

I was just joking about Buffalo.

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:13 am

RevanFan wrote:Yeah, I enjoyed San Diego when I went there when I was younger. Their people are being screwed over by the Chargers, and they have very right to be pissed.

But I still maintain that the coolest city, New York, gets screwed by the NFL too. The only NFL team in the state of New York is in Buffalo. BUFFALO! (Yes, I know there are two teams in name... but they aren't really New York teams. You can't claim you're from New York when you're in New Jersey. It's morally wrong.)

Agreed.
Even as a kid, I always wondered what the deal was with that.
I would ask why they don't just call them the New Jersey Giants/Jets?
No one ever gave me an answer, other than "That's just the way it is"....alright then, whatever blows your hair back, I guess.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:17 am

1312qohelet wrote:
RevanFan wrote:Yeah, I enjoyed San Diego when I went there when I was younger. Their people are being screwed over by the Chargers, and they have very right to be pissed.

Agreed.
No one ever gave me an answer, other than "That's just the way it is"....alright then, whatever blows your hair back, I guess.

Well, I did sort of explain above. They used to both play in Manhattan. And also... who would want to be called the "New Jersey" anything? We see how well that went for the Nets. Now they're in Brooklyn with Jay-Z.
My Cowboys Journal

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:24 am

RevanFan wrote:
1312qohelet wrote:

Agreed.

Well, I did sort of explain above. They used to both play in Manhattan. And also... who would want to be called the "New Jersey" anything? We see how well that went for the Nets. Now they're in Brooklyn with Jay-Z.

My point, exactly.
The team moved and took on the name of the new home.

By the way, the New Jersey Nets were established in 1967 and they moved to Brooklyn in 2012.
Now, I agree with you, they didn't have much success, if any. But, they did keep the "New Jersey" name for 45 years.

One question I have - Are the bases of operations for the Jets and Giants in NY?
Do they just play in Jersey? Or are all team offices and facilities in Jersey, also?

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:16 pm

1312qohelet wrote:
RevanFan wrote:
1312qohelet wrote:Agreed.

My point, exactly.
The team moved and took on the name of the new home.

By the way, the New Jersey Nets were established in 1967 and they moved to Brooklyn in 2012.
Now, I agree with you, they didn't have much success, if any. But, they did keep the "New Jersey" name for 45 years.

One question I have - Are the bases of operations for the Jets and Giants in NY?
Do they just play in Jersey? Or are all team offices and facilities in Jersey, also?

Both have their current headquarters in New Jersey.
My Cowboys Journal

Return to “Los Angeles Chargers”