What're YOU Playing? I

Anything and everything.
ycleped
Hall of Fame

What're YOU Playing? I

Postby ycleped » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:47 am

We have a "What's Playing?" thread for music, so why not a "What're YOU Playing?" thread for other games? :p

My top 5 favorite games/game series of all time:
1) Steins;Gate (Science Adventure Series)
2) Ever 17 (Infinity Series)
3) 999 (Zero Escape Trilogy)
4) Madden 08 PC
5) Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

The first three games are more along the lines of visual novels. Why? Well... I could play all the adventure/quest games I wanted and explore as much as I could, but the storyline would be lacking in areas. For me, the story is what makes or breaks the game. Preferably a story that has me fighting back tears, overcome with emotion. I love emotional games, I just can't explain why... They just pierce my heart in an amazing way, and when tears are streaming down my face, I know that I'll cherish the story forever. Emotional attachment means a lot to me, which is why I absolutely love those first three games on my list.

Right now (well, for the past two weeks or so), I've been playing Steins;Gate. If you don't know about Steins;Gate, watch this trailer:

Steins;Gate is a Japanese-created visual novel about friendships, heartbreak, making sacrifices, doing what is right, and is centered around the concept of time travel. When I first heard of Steins;Gate a few years ago, I thought it sounded cool, but was reluctant to try it. Now I realize just how wrong I was... the story is the most amazing thing I've EVER experienced from a game, TV show, anime, movie, you name it. The visual novel was released first, followed by an anime, and lastly a movie was created for it.

I highly recommend you play Steins;Gate. It starts out a bit slow, but it will become one of the greatest experiences of your life. Right now I am nearing the end of the story (there are multiple endings) and am finding it difficult to believe it is almost over. Play the VN first and then watch the anime (anime is cut down a bit from the real story so you'll miss quite a bit of things) OR play the VN and watch the anime simultaneously but don't get ahead of the game as you're watching the anime. If you don't like anime, just play the game. It's great. Or, alternatively, watch a Let's Play of it - I would recommend VoicesFromTheDark. He does an amazing job of playing through Visual Novels among other games.

So anyway, that's my spiel. What are some of your favorite games, and why? :)

*edit: Just finished Steins;Gate.... Damn, the feels....
// Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me //

ImageImage
ImageImage

What're YOU Playing? I

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: What're YOU Playing? I

Postby RevanFan » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:07 am

For me, I'm currently playing my franchise in Madden 08, Mass Effect 2 (playing through the series prior to Andromeda), Grand Theft Auto V, Cities: Skylines, and I have a game going in Hand of Fate. I SERIOUSLY recommend Hand of Fate. It's not a well known game but that is a severe travesty.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

ThePurplePeopleEater
MVP

Postby ThePurplePeopleEater » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:24 pm

Currently:

Madden 08 - Browns Franchise
Sonic Heroes PC
Sonic Adventure DX PC
The Legend Of Zelda - Wind Waker
Brawlhalla
Super Smash Bros. Melee

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:03 pm

Right now I've been playing:

Madden 08 - (A couple personal franchises)
Star Wars Empire at War - Republic at War Mod
Metroid Prime
Super Mario Maker
Pokemon Moon
Sims 3 (w/ tons of mods)

For me, I'm currently playing my franchise in Madden 08, Mass Effect 2 (playing through the series prior to Andromeda), Grand Theft Auto V, Cities: Skylines, and I have a game going in Hand of Fate.

I have Cities: Skylines too and I should play it more often...
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

mee
Hall of Fame

Postby mee » Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:06 pm

NHL 04 Rebuilt 16. It's an awesome game, updated rosters..Its ridiculous what they've done over there..
So the Giants traded Beckham....

achernar
Hall of Fame

Postby achernar » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:09 pm

Civilization 4

Buy Gta v in last friday

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:54 pm

As always, Mount and Blade and its many mods are at the top of my play list, particularly Napoleonic Wars and a Lord of the Rings mod.

Spoiler:

Following up on it is a binge of Madden NFL 08, which I'm STILL trying to adjust sliders for franchise on. Dirt 3, Max Payne, Internation Snooker, and a little Verdun sprinkled in.

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Postby JSamuel » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:01 am

Most of the time, I play Madden. I'm working on a 5th and 6th grade football mod, but I've mostly given up on the stadium thing.

Recently however, I've been working on making a Minecraft server. It's really been a fun process so far, and it turns out there are some great communities behind it: SpigotMC and Bukkit. When/if I finish the server, I'll put it's IP in my signature.

Also, occasionally I'll visit tankionline.com. I have a pretty hefty account there. I've always enjoyed that game.

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:37 am

Minecraft
Madden 08 PC
NCAA 10-14
Chris Sawyers Locomotion
Turbo Dismount/Magic Duels (Steam)
With Myself....

JSamuel
Hall of Fame