Controversy ?

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Re: Controversy ?

Postby NickyJ » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:51 am

NFLVICK7 wrote:Anyway back to Kolb. He is a plain bum. People think he can be an NFL QB but not Tyrod Taylor? Really? Tyrod was awesome in the preseason. Kolb has never been awesome. Not even in Reids QB friendly system. Cardinals were dumb for trading DRC n a draft pick for him, then signing him to that contract.

Kolb is a better QB than Tyrod. Simply having a good preseason doesn't mean a QB is good. The Colt Brennan Story can attest to that. But trading DRC for Kolb was insane. "I traded DRC to the Eagles, and all I got was this lousy QB."

For controversies, I have a feeling Orton/Cassel will be one at the beginning of next season.

Sponsor

Sponsor

superben21
MVP

Postby superben21 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:32 am

Littleware wrote:@ sb21, what's with the "Chill dude"?!? I'm not one of your friends, nor one of your children, if you have any. And definitely not your "bro". So "Chill your dam self". If you have to resort to immature remarks, keep them to yourself. I'm not interested. Normally when a person can't say anything definitively factual about a discussion, they normally say something foolish or childish in their biased defense due to of lack of knowledge. Either stay on topic and keep it clean! Or don't say anything, especially stupid things to make yourself standout! You're words are yours, they don't move me at all! I just wanted to let you know! And please spare me the internet tough guy thug crap! It's a waste of your time! The topic is a controversy of whether Minnesota should go with Webb or Ponder, nothing more!

Your taking "chill dude" as offensive?!? :? I'm just not going to even say anything to that.

BOT. I agree with you NFLVick7 that Kolb is a joke. I saw him have a good game or two in Philly but even with that high powered offense he kind of floundered. And if you look at the W's Skelton is blowing him away this year I do believe. I think Skelton is defiantly the better option.

I think the Palmer trade ranks up there as one of the worse in league history. They're have been worse but not many. The guy used to be good but ever since he got that injury in the playoffs against Pittsburgh he hasn't been the same. Sad but true. Mike Brown was right to go get Andy Dalton and get rid of Palmer, IMO.
~ Superben21 | An active moderator at one point or another.

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:52 am

Kolb has been really disapointing, and Skelton looks like the starting QB there. The Cards need a better offense if they want to be any good!
Palmer has been mediocre forever, and I can't believe the Raiders traded all those picks just to get him! Critics are even talking about keeping Palmer for next season over Campbell - who was better!
The Cards and Raiders have been idiotic with their trades for QBs. Why do you pay so much???!!!
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

NFLVICK7
MVP

Postby NFLVICK7 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:58 am

NickyJ wrote:
NFLVICK7 wrote:Anyway back to Kolb. He is a plain bum. People think he can be an NFL QB but not Tyrod Taylor? Really? Tyrod was awesome in the preseason. Kolb has never been awesome. Not even in Reids QB friendly system. Cardinals were dumb for trading DRC n a draft pick for him, then signing him to that contract.

Kolb is a better QB than Tyrod. Simply having a good preseason doesn't mean a QB is good. The Colt Brennan Story can attest to that. But trading DRC for Kolb was insane. "I traded DRC to the Eagles, and all I got was this lousy QB."

For controversies, I have a feeling Orton/Cassel will be one at the beginning of next season.

Oh really Kolb is better? What has he done besides not live up to expectations to prove that? Kolb gets chance after chance to prove himself, he had a QB friendly system in philly, he has one of the best WR's in the game in Arizona and still fails.

Yet Tyrod doesn't get a chance. Can't say Kolb is better because Tyrod doesn't have a body of work in the NFL yet, Kolb does, and it's terrible. SO to say Kolb is better is just not accurate.
The Eagle's Hopes And Dreams

gridno27
Rookie

Postby gridno27 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:26 pm

Hi - Fottball fans
sorry that I take part to your discussions. I think in NFL there is a general Problem with young talents esp. QB. There are really max. 5-6 elite QBs and the rest of the teams have game managers only.
But this will become to the actual role of the QB in many teams. Every Year every team thinks they found a new Tom Brady or A-Rod in the draft. But then they throw their young talents
under the bus mostly. ... Look this media discussion about Sanchez if the Jets have come in danger not making the play offs this year ... and he is one of the better one in my opinion.

Cam Newton is a really physical player but if he further likes to play in this league he will seriously hurt soon - This kind of playing cannot functioned a complete season (see Eagles no. 7). On the other hand Newton has a phenomenal season this year, but what will happened next year - everybody expect him to top this season.

For my opinion this is mostly a problem of the expectations of the coaches (media is more correct) in young talents. Only teams, which working very seriously with talents will have sucssess finally. One of this teams are the 49er. Harbaugh for e.g. knows that a veteran like A. Smith is a better game manager than his young drafted talent. So he decides to go with the vet QB. Smith, Orton are not really good QBs at teh moment but they learn and are able to minimize wrong decisions.

I put all my money on my meaning when A-Rod get a starter fro GB approx. 3 yrs earlier he has been thrown under bus too. The team and the coach get him time to learn, they know he has great talent but first he has to learn the system and the speed. In the meantime he steady worked on himself and now become one of the best of his class. People forget that he benched behind a legend nearly 5 yrs. which talent has been benched fro such a long time. NFL has s o m u c h more speed college football.

I think MIN should decide to evaluate the talents of this 2 young talents next season and then they have to decide to give the better one enough time to learn and grow. They and all the Viking fans have to slow down their expectations.
DEF get older and slower, they haven't good WRs so they should rebuild a balanced team around this Running Monster A. Peterson. With such an extraordinary player like him it will be much easier for a young talent.
Take an example on the Seahwals they take your former QB (similar to Webb) and let him start for their team and they not dicuss to release him.

sorry fro my terrible english, but I am a great football fan from Germany - nice to find a new forum after FFsite has been shut down!
Greeting and wish you all A HAPPY NEW YEAR
gridno27

NFLVICK7
MVP

Postby NFLVICK7 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:31 pm

gridno27 wrote:Hi - Fottball fans
sorry that I take part to your discussions. I think in NFL there is a general Problem with young talents esp. QB. There are really max. 5-6 elite QBs and the rest of the teams have game managers only.
But this will become to the actual role of the QB in many teams. Every Year every team thinks they found a new Tom Brady or A-Rod in the draft. But then they throw their young talents
under the bus mostly. ... Look this media discussion about Sanchez if the Jets have come in danger not making the play offs this year ... and he is one of the better one in my opinion.

Cam Newton is a really physical player but if he further likes to play in this league he will seriously hurt soon - This kind of playing cannot functioned a complete season (see Eagles no. 7). On the other hand Newton has a phenomenal season this year, but what will happened next year - everybody expect him to top this season.

For my opinion this is mostly a problem of the expectations of the coaches (media is more correct) in young talents. Only teams, which working very seriously with talents will have sucssess finally. One of this teams are the 49er. Harbaugh for e.g. knows that a veteran like A. Smith is a better game manager than his young drafted talent. So he decides to go with the vet QB. Smith, Orton are not really good QBs at teh moment but they learn and are able to minimize wrong decisions.

I put all my money on my meaning when A-Rod get a starter fro GB approx. 3 yrs earlier he has been thrown under bus too. The team and the coach get him time to learn, they know he has great talent but first he has to learn the system and the speed. In the meantime he steady worked on himself and now become one of the best of his class. People forget that he benched behind a legend nearly 5 yrs. which talent has been benched fro such a long time. NFL has s o m u c h more speed college football.

I think MIN should decide to evaluate the talents of this 2 young talents next season and then they have to decide to give the better one enough time to learn and grow. They and all the Viking fans have to slow down their expectations.
DEF get older and slower, they haven't good WRs so they should rebuild a balanced team around this Running Monster A. Peterson. With such an extraordinary player like him it will be much easier for a young talent.
Take an example on the Seahwals they take your former QB (similar to Webb) and let him start for their team and they not dicuss to release him.

sorry fro my terrible english, but I am a great football fan from Germany - nice to find a new forum after FFsite has been shut down!
Greeting and wish you all A HAPPY NEW YEAR
gridno27

Feel free to join the discussions anytime man. That's what these topics are for.

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:37 pm

NFLVICK7 wrote:Oh really Kolb is better? What has he done besides not live up to expectations to prove that? Kolb gets chance after chance to prove himself, he had a QB friendly system in philly, he has one of the best WR's in the game in Arizona and still fails.

Yet Tyrod doesn't get a chance. Can't say Kolb is better because Tyrod doesn't have a body of work in the NFL yet, Kolb does, and it's terrible. SO to say Kolb is better is just not accurate.

The bolded part is the reason why we must refrain from judging which QB is better. Comparing a completed painting to to a blank canvas isn't going to work out. First, we're going to have to see what Tyrod's 'painting' looks like after he actually does get some work.

Also, welcome to the site gridno. Please, join the discussion. It's always good to have another opinion heard.

NFLVICK7
MVP

Postby NFLVICK7 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:14 pm

NickyJ wrote:
NFLVICK7 wrote:Oh really Kolb is better? What has he done besides not live up to expectations to prove that? Kolb gets chance after chance to prove himself, he had a QB friendly system in philly, he has one of the best WR's in the game in Arizona and still fails.

The bolded part is the reason why we must refrain from judging which QB is better. Comparing a completed painting to to a blank canvas isn't going to work out. First, we're going to have to see what Tyrod's 'painting' looks like after he actually does get some work.

Also, welcome to the site gridno. Please, join the discussion. It's always good to have another opinion heard.

I agree, but you said Kolb is better than Tyrod in your last post. When Kolb has been nothing but a bum.

Breck
Rookie

Postby Breck » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:13 am

This ship set sail LONG ago... and I'd stay the course, you let Ponder finish the season as the starter.

No doubt Ponder has made some poor decisions resulting in an offense that stalls and or even worse, results in turnovers. As stated by others, the issues this team has (specifically the offense) run so much deeper than Ponder himself. The offensive line is dreadful, you have damn near nothing at WR (Harvin being the loan exception) and the TE's are under utilized and/or simply not playing up to expectations. The only bright spot was on offense was Peterson... and he's lost for the season (maybe MUCH longer).

I'm excited to see HB Toby Gerhart get a shot in the final game of the season, I enjoy his style of running and think he's a legit ground pounder. There's absolutely nothing gained in turning your offense over to Webb at this point... other than worsening your draft position. I'm not opposed to sending Webb in if the game is out of hand in the 2nd half... but you head into the final contest the player you drafted 12th overall and declared your starter after benching veteran McNabb.

Can Bill Musgrave please get the TE's involved... Kyle Rudolph should be incorporated in the game-plan!

Return to “Minnesota Vikings”