pick6's TrueTurf v5.1 (hi-quality field texture & template)

KeepinItTeal
Hall of Fame

Re: pick6's TrueTurf v5.1 (hi-quality field texture & template)

Postby KeepinItTeal » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:32 pm

pick6 wrote:
KeepinItTeal wrote:Anyway, my "grassy turf" is just called "turf" and is the very bottom layer in all the templates. There is also a sample tpf included that has the turf field.

That ^ cleared it up for me. Thanks pick!

Sponsor

Sponsor

pick6
Hall of Fame

Postby pick6 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:59 am

FAO moderators: hey, any chance I could get this thread stickied? It's currently on 29k views which makes it the second most viewed topic in the graphics forum, but yet was also about ready to drop down to page 4 of the graphics forum soon! :cry: It doesn't get many replies nowadays, but I reckon folks would continue to read it if it was more visible.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:24 am

Done!

pick6
Hall of Fame

Postby pick6 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:19 pm

Thank you so much! I been reminiscing today about the time I spent making it, and how TrueTurf is probably the only thing that is all my own work. Many of the things I've made here either re-used Madden textures (or NFL logos), or had the input from other modders, so I'm very pleased it will stay alive just a little longer now. ;)

Also, was watching my son play Madden 16 on the xbox recently and I was dissecting those fields with my eyes. Couldn't help noticing the jagged edges around midfield logos, or blurry hash marks etc, and felt really quite proud that my version was better in many different ways. Never thought in a million years I'd be able to do something like that. :)

KeepinItTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby KeepinItTeal » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:19 pm

pick6 wrote:Thank you so much! I been reminiscing today about the time I spent making it, and how TrueTurf is probably the only thing that is all my own work. Many of the things I've made here either re-used Madden textures (or NFL logos), or had the input from other modders, so I'm very pleased it will stay alive just a little longer now. ;)

Also, was watching my son play Madden 16 on the xbox recently and I was dissecting those fields with my eyes. Couldn't help noticing the jagged edges around midfield logos, or blurry hash marks etc, and felt really quite proud that my version was better in many different ways. Never thought in a million years I'd be able to do something like that. :)

Your TrueTurf has made an amazing difference. Thanks again!

pick6
Hall of Fame

Postby pick6 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:01 am

KeepinItTeal wrote:Your TrueTurf has made an amazing difference. Thanks again!

Thanks! I really love your BAL/JAX field at Wembley btw! Especially love the soccer markings showing through at midfield and 12yds out, plus "LONDON" & "WEMBLEY STADIUM" sideline paint! Dare I ask, but did you use FieldBuilder for this? Would be delighted if you did! :D

Link to KiT's thread: GM Franchise -- Jacksonville Jaguars 2017 and beyond...

KeepinItTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby KeepinItTeal » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:43 am

pick6 wrote:
KeepinItTeal wrote:Your TrueTurf has made an amazing difference. Thanks again!

Thanks! I really love your BAL/JAX field at Wembley btw! Especially love the soccer markings showing through at midfield and 12yds out, plus "LONDON" & "WEMBLEY STADIUM" sideline paint! Dare I ask, but did you use FieldBuilder for this? Would be delighted if you did! :D

Link to KiT's thread: GM Franchise -- Jacksonville Jaguars 2017 and beyond...

Of course I did!! 8-) I literally cannot play this game without it being on a FieldBuilder field. I can't. My eyes start to bleed out. :D

pick6
Hall of Fame

Postby pick6 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:04 pm

KeepinItTeal wrote:Of course I did!! 8-) I literally cannot play this game without it being on a FieldBuilder field. I can't. My eyes start to bleed out. :D

Awesome man! Thanks so much! :D I wasn't sure anyone else used FieldBuilder, but I'm thrilled you enjoy playing on it as much as I did. Go Jags!! :D

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Postby Rixster67r » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:09 pm

I figured out what makes the field images so large...... for example when you create a field it will range from 2,000 to 4,000 KB.....

It is the grass or turf detail and is not necessary to be there..... The game itself applies the field or turf texture so when you are creating a field you can just paint bucket the color of the grass or turf leaving it looking like it has no detail but when you load your tpf in the game it will apply the needed texture and look great..... This will bring your size down to around 280 KB a big difference when you are loading a lot of textures......

Also to get a decent looking snow or wet field log the games snow or mud texture and make sure it loads in your tpf after your field images so it goes on top of them......

The images I am talking about look like a small snow covered field or muddy field

I will post some images soon......

Return to “Graphics”