Sponsor

Sponsor

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Re: NFL is vindictive towards Brady

Postby ultimatum77 » Fri May 22, 2015 12:53 am

petroleum wrote:
ultimatum77 wrote:Goodell is a dunce plain and simple

To bastardize Shakespeare: Though this be duncery, yet there is method in it.
The NFL Owners wouldn't pay Goodell $44+ million/year to be a dunce. Whatever the fans may think, the owners must think he is genius. If I had to guess, I'd say part of that is because he is an effective lightning-rod pulling all the negative attention away from them.

True he is the whipping post/fall guy while the others just sit in the shadows and count the cash! :) Still that's a lot of money for the NFL to pay to a guy who does not handle player situations very well.
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

Raston
MVP

Postby Raston » Fri May 22, 2015 11:16 am

Cheating shouldn't be tolerated but the penalty was a little extreme in my opinion. Heavy fines that hurt should be dished out to the team and the ball boys should be fired and that's it. You can't prove that Brady was involved and going to the extreme of viewing his text mail and cell phone records is intruding on privacy which is beyond the league's power. To do that you will have to take the issue out of the league and into public courts. Of course Goodell is holding the 4 game suspension over Brady's head unless he does present his text and cell records to prove his innocence.

Gridiron
MVP

Postby Gridiron » Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:02 pm

Raston wrote:Cheating shouldn't be tolerated but the penalty was a little extreme in my opinion. Heavy fines that hurt should be dished out to the team and the ball boys should be fired and that's it. You can't prove that Brady was involved and going to the extreme of viewing his text mail and cell phone records is intruding on privacy which is beyond the league's power. To do that you will have to take the issue out of the league and into public courts. Of course Goodell is holding the 4 game suspension over Brady's head unless he does present his text and cell records to prove his innocence.

That was very well stated Raston. Needless to say I agree wholeheartedly.

Judge nullifies Tom Brady's four-game suspension
Now the NFL season will be unblemished by vindictive pettiness and decided by the best athletes instead.

I must admit that the NFL actually shows a bit of class for allowing these fan comments to be posted on their web site.
Around the NFL: Reaction to nullification of Brady's suspension
GRIDIRON! The 1st physics based computer football simulation.

Return to “New England Patriots”