Atticus Jenkins: Ace Assistant

Journals for customized Madden franchises.
Danchat
Hall of Fame

Re: Atticus Jenkins: Ace Assistant

Postby Danchat » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:49 pm

lichtental wrote:
Danchat wrote:
clrdk wrote:I will be reading :D I love the Seahawks journal, but it could also be interesting to see you bulding up a new team, if you have the time for it ;)

Would it be interesting if I started a new team in the same universe? The Seahawks team that I built would continue playing, just as a computer team, but I would rebuild another team in the same league. I could monitor the Seahawks and see how the CPU does with them.

In my last franchise I'm doing this way, I started with Texans (default roster 2008) till I reached the superbowl after 5 years, then I switched to Cowboys for other 5 seasons and now I have to start the third season with the Falcons.
I always choose a team that has been awful in the last years
The only minus is that after 5 years I become attached to my players, especially the rookies growing up, so I'm sorry to leave them :roll:

Yeah, I get pretty attached to my teams and the draft picks I try to develop. I'm definitely going to try and rebuild a bad team next...

What team do you want to rebuild in the same universe?

I'm not ready to say which team yet, but I'd like to try out a team in the same division as the Seahawks, so I get to play them twice a year. (also, it would be a rebuilding project no matter what-all teams in the NFC West are awful - except for the Hawks, of course.)
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:14 pm

Danchat wrote:Yeah, I get pretty attached to my teams and the draft picks I try to develop. I'm definitely going to try and rebuild a bad team next...

I actually get more attached to undrafted rookies. I don't know why. Them, or fifth-rounders and later who are unexpectedly good. My franchise's big receiver who has played 12 years with over 1000 yards for 10 years straight was a fifth-round pick. The best quarterback in my franchise was originally undrafted.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:24 pm

The San Francisco 49ers have found a new head coach!

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Re: Atticus Jenkins: Ace Head Coach

Postby Danchat » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:25 pm

Atticus Jenkins Introduced as the 49ers Next Head Coach
After going five years without even a hope at reaching the playoffs (6-10, 6-10, 2-14, 2-14, and 5-11), it was about time the 49ers shook up their coaching staff. The former star WR from the Canadian Football League, Atticus Jenkins will become a head coach for the first time in his career. He had previously been the offensive coordinator of the Miami Dolphins for 3 years but was fired alongside Fins head coach Tony Sparano. Jenkins was hired that offseason by the Seahawks as their WRs Coach in 2010. He was promoted mid-2012 to Offensive Coordinator and helped make some new schemes that helped lift the Seahawks to the Super Bowl. He continued his duties in 2013 and 2014, which were largely successful years, but they failed to get back to the Super Bowl. The Seahawks have owned the division for a few years now, with the 49ers, Cardinals, and Rams being incredibly dysfunctional.

"It's about time the Seahawks got some competition." said new Head Coach Atticus Jenkins. "We're going to catch up to them and, hopefully, we can be competitive rivals for the next few years."

The 49ers have also hired Ken Whisenhunt as their offensive coordinator. He and Jenkins will be piecing together a brand new playbook that no NFL team has ever seen before. On the other side of the football, San Francisco hired Mike Zimmer as their defensive coordinator. He brings plenty of experience and should help elevate an already average defense to higher levels.

Now, the first question that's probably on most readers' minds is, "Who's gonna be the QB?"

"Teddy Bridgewater is our QB. No questions asked." said coach Jenkins. "It's a real shame that he missed all of last year due to injury, but he's still the guy here. We aren't going to bring in competition for him. It's his job to lose."

Teddy was drafted with the 1st overall pick in the 2014 draft. He had a solid preseason and beat writers and coaches alike praised his performances. But then everything immediately went down in flames. After throwing 126 yards and 2 TDs in Week 1 against the Redskins, Bridgewater got sacked and both the defensive end and the offensive tackle fell on top of Teddy. He was carted off of the field, later to be diagnosed with a torn ACL.

"The whole season went off the rails from that point on." said coach Jenkins. "They could have been much better than 5-11 with Teddy in there."
In his place, E. J. Manuel started the next 14 of 15 games, playing very poorly. After demanding for a trade, the 49ers shipped Manuel off for a 4th round pick.

With Bridgewater healthy and a new coaching staff that appears to be full of competent coaches, there's some positive vibes wafting around the 49ers. What will 2015 hold for the San Francisco team that hasn't tasted the playoffs in over 7 years?

--

I've already gone through re-signing and free agency, so here's what the current roster looks like:

I'll do a more in-depth examination of the players when we get to the 90 man roster. I will also continue the Pro Football Focus-style of grading the players, as you can see on the depth charts above.

Once school starts, I am hoping to make weekly updates, probably uploading on each weekend. I hope you enjoy the next season of Atticus Jenkins: Ace Head Coach!

achernar
Hall of Fame

Postby achernar » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:57 pm

OMG with Brandon Weeden as backup QB.... :roll:

we have to hope that no injury occur on Teddy
otherwise the 49ers set 5-11 will be a great record hahahaha

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:31 pm

achernar wrote:OMG with Brandon Weeden as backup QB.... :roll:

Yeah, I definitely need to get a better backup QB, especially since QBs get injured so much in this game...

There wasn't any decent free agent QBs, and I don't plan on drafting a QB, so Weeden is basically locked as the backup.

achernar
Hall of Fame

Postby achernar » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:16 pm

Danchat wrote:
achernar wrote:OMG with Brandon Weeden as backup QB.... :roll:

Yeah, I definitely need to get a better backup QB, especially since QBs get injured so much in this game...

There wasn't any decent free agent QBs, and I don't plan on drafting a QB, so Weeden is basically locked as the backup.

will be interesting... good luck

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:47 pm

2015 NFL Draft

With several needs at many different positions, the 49ers will need a talented draft class to boost their chances. Let's see what they can do.

With the 7th pick in the 1st round, the 49ers have drafted DE/OLB Dante Fowler Jr.
Even though the 49ers don't have a huge need for pass rushers, Fowler was too talented to pass up. Also, Cooper and Scherff would have probably been the pick if they fell to me.

Also, nice pick by the Rams at #1 overall. Peters was a second round prospect... and don't even mention the Bills nice selection at QB. Yikes.

However, the rest of the picks were pretty decent... take a look at the following draft picks.
Other than the occasional mega-reaches at DT, the CPUs do a good job drafting. I highly recommend you use the Madden AMP draft application.

With the 39th pick of the draft, the 49ers take WR Kevin White. San Francisco got a nice steal at the top of the second round, nabbing a high-ceiling WR. Also, my former team, the Seahawks, took a very nice guard at the end of the first round. I'm happy to see that the CPU hasn't run my old club into the ground.

Here's the rest of the picks:
Pick 3-7: OL Cameron Erving - Another steal here. Erving played C in his last year at Florida St. but he also played tackle too. He can play any position on the line, and the 49ers need that.
Pick 4-7: G Ali Marpet - A kid from Hobart, this Division III three star was projected to be drafted in the 2nd round. He'll sit behind veteran Adam Snyder and might get a starting job in 2016.
Pick 4-29: LB Shaq Thompson (pick acquired via Seahawks after sending pick 4-23 to them) - Another huge steal. Kind of a common pattern here, huh? Thompson is a solid run stopper who needs to work on his coverage skills. Not sure if he's a fit for outside or inside linebacker.
Pick 5-7: HB Duke Johnson - A feature back at Miami, Johnson will hope to supplant Lacy and James at HB.
Pick 6-29: K Kyle Brindza (pick acquired via Seahawks trade) - Brett Maher is not a good kicker. He'll get some solid competition from Brindza. I'd bet on Maher losing his job in the preseason.
Pick 7-7: LB Kwon Alexander - Another linebacker who is good at stopping the run but isn't the fastest guy. He'll slot in as a backup middle linebacker behind Thompson - if he can make the team, that is.

I'm not sure if I've had a better draft class than this... but that doesn't guarantee any success for the 49ers. I have no idea if this team will be any good or not. We'll have to wait for the preseason to get a taste of what's coming up.

COMING SOON
90 Man Roster

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:51 am

Don't be afraid to give your linebackers uniform numbers in the 40's. That's legal now, even in the regular season. A lot of people hate that rule change, but I like 40's numbers on linebackers.

It's good to see you back at this. I've always enjoyed your franchises.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:49 am

RevanFan wrote:Don't be afraid to give your linebackers uniform numbers in the 40's. That's legal now, even in the regular season. A lot of people hate that rule change, but I like 40's numbers on linebackers.

It's good to see you back at this. I've always enjoyed your franchises.

Even no I'm no 'numbers' guy, I did notice some linebackers wearing numbers in the 40s during a preseason game yesterday.

And thank you. I'm very excited to start this next franchise.

Return to “Madden Journals”