What controller should I get?

akilgour13
All-Pro

Re: What controller should I get?

Postby akilgour13 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:03 pm

Nocturne,I can tell you x360 wired does work perfectly i use it for 08 on 3 different pc's. I also posted a lo buck alternative for wiring an usb cord onto a xbox original controller that can also be found by google search xbox controller to usb i think in this post.If you can do fine work with your hands, idk since you said u r in pain:( . I found my test subject at a Goodwill(thrift store) and it works well. It can be used for other games with pinnacle (free 30 day trial) which i own or xpadder which earlier versions are free but only 10 bucks for the current one. With a xbox controller done this way i would also recommend a program called xbcd. Read and understand the tutorials for xpadder and xbcd before installing or at least trying to configure them. Pinnacle game profiler would work the best with the setup i described. My total outlay was about 5 bucks altho i didn't solder the wires just stripped the insulation and twisted together and electrical taped each one and then all together. plus pgp software is 15 or 20 bucks.

Sponsor

Sponsor

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:29 pm

This thread is deserving a bump and a sticky, as it just saved me from turning a wasted $20 to a wasted $55. For the past five years, I've used my trusted Logitech Dual Action. I went through 3 or four older versions, but this last one was perfect. The sprint buttons began to wear out, so I had to get a new controller. Because I thought that Logitech gamepads were the same simple stuff I bought five years ago, I ordered the Logitech F310, because it cost the least of all the others, and looked basically the same as my Dual Action. I mean, really, what could they possibly do to break something that worked so perfectly?

D'oh.

The deadzones are all along each axis on the left analog stick, and the calibration doesn't allow players to run at full speed when the stick is pushed to a corner. After browsing this thread, looking for a new controller to buy, I found a link in the OP that helped me fix the calibration problem. It isn't perfect, I'll still keep my worn out one to drive NASCAR since the analog sticks with that one don't have axis deadzones, but this saved me from getting a new controller for playing Madden.

Thanks, Gridiron!

Gridiron
MVP

Postby Gridiron » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:43 am

I appreciate the fact that you appreciate this thread's content NickyJ.
Saving money along with emphasizing PC as console gameplay is a big part of what I've posted here,
and I am pleased that some of what is posted here has had the desired effect.
Hopefully the answer to most any questions relating to gamepad controller use can be found within this thread.

Now that the next gen consoles are here, the community will discover the next generation gamepad's PC MADDEN compatibility.
As my favorite PC game, I am somewhat interested in MADDEN's compatibility with the new PS4 and XBOX1 gamepads.
I do hope that SONY has not let us down, and has kept the compatability high.
Has Microsoft continued in its tradition?
GRIDIRON! The 1st physics based computer football simulation.

Celtaq
Rookie

Postby Celtaq » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:29 am

Hi guys!
Is was lucky to get Madden 08 on pc for a decent price. But now i need a little advice for buying a controller.
I read the whole thread, but since english is not my mother language, i am not sure that i understood all. The only purpose for my new controller is, that i can play Madden 08 on pc without any problems. So which controller would be the best? Is it right that all controllers listed in the first posting are working well for Madden 08 on pc?

Gridiron
MVP

Postby Gridiron » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:05 am

Yes, they all will work well (at keeping the button inputs at the normal positions).
GRIDIRON! The 1st physics based computer football simulation.

Celtaq
Rookie

Postby Celtaq » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:54 pm

Thanks for the fast reply!

CattleRancher
Rookie

Postby CattleRancher » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:32 pm

So, I have somewhat of a convoluted question. I use an Nvidia Shield to stream my game remotely. The game loads up fine and I can go through all the menus... But as soon as I get to the select your side screen, it's like the game is picking up my controller's left joystick/d-pad being pushed to the east-southeast position. This continues into the game. Controller works fine with all my other games.

Anyone have any history with this game picking something like that up from a controller?

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:51 am

CattleRancher wrote:So, I have somewhat of a convoluted question. I use an Nvidia Shield to stream my game remotely. The game loads up fine and I can go through all the menus... But as soon as I get to the select your side screen, it's like the game is picking up my controller's left joystick/d-pad being pushed to the east-southeast position. This continues into the game. Controller works fine with all my other games.

Anyone have any history with this game picking something like that up from a controller?

It sounds like you may need to recalibrate your controller. It's different for each brand but generally involves turning on your controller and pushing one motion stick up while pressing another button. Alternatively it could just be a driver issue for madden 08?
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:29 am

hello all,
I have this contoller.....http://www.amazon.com/Retro-GameCube-St ... B00HS7LJ2G. I have tested it on madden 08 and it works fine but I have two questions.... How do you setup "hit/highlight stick?" on this controller. Also what is the motion in joy driver and will it work with this controller?

Thanks,
Ultimatum77
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

Celtaq
Rookie

Postby Celtaq » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:51 pm

Hey guys, I wanted to ask for an advice:
I bought the Logitech F310, and everything works fine, just the buttons 7 and 8 are not working. They do the same as the buttons 5 and 6, just in the wrong order. So button 7 does the same move as button 6, and button 8 does the same as button 5. That's a bit annoying since I have no stiff arm and i am missing some audible options without the buttons 7 and 8.
Has anyone an idea what I could do (actual driver is installed)?

Return to “FAQs”