Please allow us to switch side?

Madden crashing, franchise corrupt, games won't sim? Get help here.
thehotsung8701
Rookie

Postby thehotsung8701 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:08 pm

Guys

I been playing ESPN NFL 2k5 for close to a decade now and I just found out that Madden 08 for pc is the best Madden there is. I love the game but one thing that made me not getting any of the newer Madden game is you can't switch side anytime you want in franchise mode? I only play offense and I like to play against myself on offense. This is the reason why I been playing NFL 2k5 for so long cause these things are presented there. Why is select side disable once you start the game? Can someone please do a mod or fix for this? This would made Madden 08 so amazing for me.

I want to play Madden over 2k5 because I want the most recent roster and I know you could do it on 2k5 but it more difficult. Also my eyes sight aren't good anymore and 2k5 is not sharp like Madden (xbox vs PC).

Thanks, please respond.

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: Please allow us to switch side?

Postby RevanFan » Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:33 pm

thehotsung8701 wrote:Guys

I been playing ESPN NFL 2k5 for close to a decade now and I just found out that Madden 08 for pc is the best Madden there is. I love the game but one thing that made me not getting any of the newer Madden game is you can't switch side anytime you want in franchise mode? I only play offense and I like to play against myself on offense. This is the reason why I been playing NFL 2k5 for so long cause these things are presented there. Why is select side disable once you start the game? Can someone please do a mod or fix for this? This would made Madden 08 so amazing for me.

I want to play Madden over 2k5 because I want the most recent roster and I know you could do it on 2k5 but it more difficult. Also my eyes sight aren't good anymore and 2k5 is not sharp like Madden (xbox vs PC).

Thanks, please respond.

It's very simple, actually, to switch sides mid game in franchise. Just save your game when the opponent takes over, quit, and load the save. It will let you select sides again.

Also, this thread should be in Madden 08 troubleshooting, not in the Madden 07 forum.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

thehotsung8701
Rookie

Postby thehotsung8701 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:38 pm

Hey sorry I didn't see Madden 08 until now.

There must be an easier way to do it? You have to quit the game and then load it again? That too much of a hassle.

thehotsung8701
Rookie

Postby thehotsung8701 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:39 pm

Guys

I know someone suggested to save and quit and then load it back again. There is no load in the game menu so you have to quit the game and load it again, and it such a hassle just to switch side and I would be doing it so many times per game.

Thanks, please respond.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:46 pm

thehotsung8701 wrote:Guys

I know someone suggested to save and quit and then load it back again. There is no load in the game menu so you have to quit the game and load it again, and it such a hassle just to switch side and I would be doing it so many times per game.

Thanks, please respond.

You could have responded in your other thread instead of creating a new one. There is no way to mod this into the game. If you want to switch sides, you have to save, quit to the main menu, and load again. It really doesn't take that long.

In the future, please respond in your original thread instead of creating a new one.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

mee
Hall of Fame

Postby mee » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:46 pm

it doesn't take that long. Save on the pause menu and quit the play now game and go to load on the main menu.
So the Giants traded Beckham....

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:50 pm

Merged. Please don't post multiple copies of the same thread. One is enough. Your question was already answered, and it really has no other answer. It's impossible to do it any other way.

thehotsung8701
Rookie

Postby thehotsung8701 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:34 pm

So there are some things you can't mod?

mee
Hall of Fame

Postby mee » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:34 pm

thehotsung8701 wrote:So there are some things you can't mod?

YES
So the Giants traded Beckham....

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:27 am

mee wrote:
thehotsung8701 wrote:So there are some things you can't mod?

YES

It's called hard-coded.

Return to “Troubleshooting”