Bobbys' Boys| New England Patriots| NFL 2K5

TheMajorSupreme
All-Pro

Postby TheMajorSupreme » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:53 pm

Hey guys. So, while I was troubleshooting my Oakland Raiders file, I picked up NFL 2K5 from this local mom 'n pop store because both 08 and recent Maddens were giving me headaches. One thing led to another, and I started a journal/dynasty over at Operation Sports. So, today I thought I could bring that here. So, without further ado, here we go:

Robert sat in his home in Chestnut Hills, resting in his new chair in front of the T.V. Skip Bayless and Stephen A. Smith were screaming at each other over Robert Griffin III's leg injury and if he would be 100% with the Redskins come week one. The phone began to ring next to Robert, and he picked it up.
"Hey pops, whatcha up to?" asked his son, Johnathan.
"Nothing, Johnnie, just resting up. What do you need?"
"Bill said he wanted to talk to the staff about the game this Sunday. He seems serious. Thought you should know."
"When does the meeting start?" Robert questioned.
"In about 45 minutes. Are you coming? I can tell him you won't be able to make it."
"No, no. I'll be there shortly." he sighed.
"All right, pops, see ya there."
Robert hung up the phone and had risen from his chair. He walked through the doorway and picked up his coat from the hook on the wall. He began walking through the hallway that led to the door. On the walls were pictures, idolizing his greatest moments. He looked right, and saw him next to Coach Bill Belichick lifting the Lombardi Trophy in 2002. He looked left and saw him and Quarterbacks Tom Brady and Ryan Mallett at the team party from last season. Robert continued to walk, until he came to a small table before the door. On the table, there was a picture of him and a woman. This woman had meant the world to him. She made him happy, each and every day. Myra. At that moment, Robert remembered a promise. A special promise he had made to his lost wife a month before she passed. "Two more, honey. To more for you and me. Two more for Boston. Two more for New England."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Difficulty:http://www.operationsports.com/forums/espn-nfl-2k5-sliders/93872-bills-sliders-plus-franchise-house-rules.html
Rosters: http://www.operationsports.com/forums/espn-nfl-2k5-rosters/565314-gillboldbergs-2013-14-nfl-roster.html
Quarters: 6 Minutes
Game Speed: Normal
RULES
Essentially Bill's rules:
1. Max out the salary slider, pay 10% more in bonus than the player requests, and nothing longer than 6-year deals.
2. Max out the trade slider. Don’t trade away guys in the last year of their contracts, and don’t trade for rookies. If a guy is rated below 70, you can release him but not trade him.
3. You can’t trade for a team’s starting QB or trade for/away kickers/punters.
4. No more than 10 draft choices a draft and no more than 2 per round.
5. My rule: No signing free agents rated over 75.[/center]
Patriots: SB XXXVI Champions, SB XXXVIII Champions, SB XXXIX Champions
Broncos Journal: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16804
Raiders Journal: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15490

Sponsor

Sponsor

TheMajorSupreme
All-Pro

Team Intro and Depth Chart

Postby TheMajorSupreme » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:56 pm

TheMajorSupreme
All-Pro

Schedule Review with Mason Suprite and Grant Goeshner

Postby TheMajorSupreme » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:06 am

Suprite: Welcome back ladies and gentlemen. Like I said, before we close out this morning's broadcast, we wanted to review the schedule for this season and give our predictions, and of course, we'll take your calls about the most important games.

Goeshner: Let's roll. Up first, we have the Buffalo Bills. You know what I say about the Bills-Pats rivalry

Both: The Pats are the landlords and they're going to serve Buffalo their Bills.

Goe: Exactly. It's been like this for the past several years. We got this one, about... 27-17 I'm guessing. (W)

Sup: All right, week two, we have the... ha-ha! New York Jets! Another easy one. Dirty Sanchez and Smith are both turnover machines. 28-10 for this one. (W)
Oh boy... Atlanta.

Goe: Yeah, these guys are definitely Super Bowl bound. Now-or-Never Mode for them. I think this could be our first loss, Julio Jones and Roddy White are quite the players. 30-27. (L)

Next, the Bengals. Depends solely on how Andy Dalton plays. If he plays exceptionally like he sometimes does, this is a loss. But, if he plays poorly as he has other times, we can do this. The Bengals will be coming off games from the Browns and the Packers. I'm calling win, 28-20. (W)

S: All right, then we have the Saints. We're labeling this as an important game. Let's go to the phones. Caller, you're on with Mason and Grant.

Caller 1: Hey guys, I just wanted to throw my 2 cents in about this game. The Saints... whoo boy that's a team. But, it is at Gillette, so you never know. I say we take them to overtime, but the Saints pull it out 33-30. (L-OT)

S: Nice call, nice call. All right, then we have the Jets and the Dolphins. I think we can handle those, right?

G: Without a doubt. Jets, round 2? I'm calling a low-scorer here, 13-7 us. (W)
As for the Phins, that will be close. Ryan Tannehill has Brady-like features in his passing game. But I still like the Pats in this one. 14-13. (W)

S: Next, another big one. Brady v. Roethlisberger. I love this matchup. To the phones. Hello, you're on.

Caller 2: Hey guys, I love this game too. No way we lose this one, I'm calling a great W, 35-21.
(W)

G: Why are you whispering, bro?

C2: SSHHH she'll hear me--
Woman in background: DAVID ARE YOU LISTENING TO THAT RADIO AGAIN! I SWEAR, YOU NEVER LISTEN TO ME. THAT'S IT. I'M DONE!
C2: Baby, wait, NO! *CLICK*

S Well then...... Next game, after the bye week, we face... ooh, the Panthers. Sorry Pats fans, Luke Kuechly is a devil on defense. Not happening. Pats lose 35-14. (L)

G: Up next... oh dear. The Denver Broncos. Let's break this down. 1. Peyton Manning v. Brady. This should be amazing. 2. Demariyus Thomas and Eric Decker are amazing wide outs. Can we stop them? And then 3. Wes Welker's return to New England. This is a big game. No question. To phones. Hello there, you're on Patriots Radio.

Caller 3: Yo dawgs, I was born and raised up in Denver and lemme tell you, that team is gonna be somethin' fierce. Can y'all up here in the Mass handle 'em? I don't know 'bout dat. P Manning is a class above Brady, dats a fact, ya know? I'm callin' da Pats lose a close one 28-31. (L)

G: Fair point, fair point. But, Imma disagree on this one. Brady is gonna fight for this won, and I feel this being a win. All right, the Texans after that game.

S: I got a feeling 'bout the Texans, and that is to say that they won't do as well as everyone expects. Pats win here, 28-17. (W)
Then, after that we have the Browns, then the Phins. Ooh, I like this Browns matchup. They seem to not know what they're doing with their QBs and we could see a master v. student game if Brian Hoyer is starting by then. Pats win 28-3. W

G: Assuming the Pats win the first matchup between the two, the Phins are gonna want revenge. And I think they'l get. 14-7 win for the Phins. (L)
And now, we have the last big game of the season. But, we'll take this one, guys. AFC Championship rematch. In my opinion, we have this game. Flacco is overrated as hell and I know that our LBs can handle Rice. 27-21 Pats. (W)

S: And that takes us to the last game. Buffalo will get their Bills, Pats win 31-14. (W)
So, that means we have the Pats going 10-6 this year. Not bad, but will it be good enough? We'll have to see. That's all we have for today, join us tomorrow morning as we talk about our running scheme. Stay classy, Boston.

TheMajorSupreme
All-Pro

Practice Injury

Postby TheMajorSupreme » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:13 am

Edelman Injured in Practice

Word has spread that Julian Edelman, Patriots #1 Receiver, has hyper-extended his knee and will miss this week's upcoming game against the Bills. Rumor has it that the Patriots management have contacted receivers to replace him, and former Browns receiver Mohamed Massaquoi is said to be the leading possible candidate. Edelman is added the list of injuries that is occupied by fellow receiver Aaron Dobson who is out from approximately 3 weeks after a broken rib injury suffered in the preseason.

TheMajorSupreme
All-Pro

Re: Bobbys' Boys| New England Patriots| NFL 2K5

Postby TheMajorSupreme » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:18 am

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:24 pm

This looks really good so far. I'll be reading!
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

spydermanj
Pro Bowl

Re: Team Intro and Depth Chart

Postby spydermanj » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:55 pm

TheMajorSupreme wrote:

Is this a real photo from the newspaper in-game?

GeneralSilent
MVP

Postby GeneralSilent » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:04 pm

This post is old so just let it die. And no, it's not. Inspect Element is a powerful tool. Ignore that, missed the part where you said "ingame"
God bless america!

spydermanj
Pro Bowl

Postby spydermanj » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:59 pm

So he basically modified a real online newspaper?

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Postby JSamuel » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:28 pm

spydermanj wrote:So he basically modified a real online newspaper?

Yes, I think that's true.

This is an old topic, so please don't post here anymore.

Return to “Other Sports Journals”