Interesting info on PBAI values

superben21
MVP

Re: Interesting info on PBAI values

Postby superben21 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:43 pm

JDHalfrack wrote:Just a little side note: I pulled out some of the other files in Gamedata.Dat (files 80 and beyond). They contain like mini playbooks that have the routes run in the passing drills and mini camp practices and things like that. Interesting, but not really helpful.

Not to sidetrack but... do you think it would be possible to edit mini camp drills? Say in the passing drill we could change what route the receiver is running? or something like that?
~ Superben21 | An active member at one point or another.

Sponsor

Sponsor

JDHalfrack
All-Pro

Postby JDHalfrack » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:48 pm

superben21 wrote:Not to sidetrack but... do you think it would be possible to edit mini camp drills? Say in the passing drill we could change what route the receiver is running? or something like that?

Based on what I've seen so far, I don't see why not! But, some of the drills it would be pointless to. Think about trying to pass through the rings when the WR is running a streak while the rings are designed for a slant, lol. Of course, who knows... maybe the rings are based on the routes. I haven't really tried.

JD

Drizzt_13
All-Pro

Postby Drizzt_13 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:25 pm

This is awesome stuff. Just taking a wild guess here but is there anything in the playbook files that affect the AI's tendency to use audibles (e.g. press coverage or back off)? Madden has no way t make press coverage the default for AI's when there are a lot of teams (especially cover 2 teams) that play it a lot. I'm also fairly convinced that its simply better anytime you call cover 2 to play press and I find playing against the AI on coach mode is getting a little to easy because it never uses things like that.

ianjones
Veteran

Postby ianjones » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:05 pm

I'm just starting to get into playbook editing, but I noticed some things to think about here, if you haven't tested them.

I noticed there are no values identified specifically for fourth and long, 4th and medium, or fourth and short. the computer may just use the same parameters as if it's going for a 3rd down conversion, or maybe tag #36 is 4th and long etc?

Also, there are no values yet defined for when the computer is in "4th quarter comeback mode" which I don't believe it steals from the 2 minute drill tags.

And finally, the computer will also read being down in the 4th quarter like this: Is it 4th quarter? If yes, then is the offense down by 3 or less? If yes, then is the offense inside the opposing 40 yard line (field goal range)? If the answer is yes to all of these questions, it will usually break out of 4th quarter comeback and go to running plays. This is most probably clock control run, but maybe it has a different value?

I didn't test anything extensively, but I made a test playbook to problem solve with. In the in-game editor, i chose 10 different formations that were easy for me to tell the difference between at a glance, i chose 1 pass play and 1 run play from each and created a playbook of 20 plays. Then i went into the playbook editor and gave each play a specific value unique to itself. This way i knew that if the computer chose a run play from the 3wr split back set, it was using value #1 etc. When there is more than one play in any given value, it is chosen randomly, but the computer does not choose an actual parameter randomly. As far as I can tell, it chooses the same parameter in every identical situation and if there is some deviance, then there was another trigger for a different parameter that took precedence.

Return to “Plays and playbooks”