Missing/Invisible Free Agents in NZA Editor

Madden crashing, franchise corrupt, games won't sim? Get help here.
TheMajorSupreme
All-Pro

Postby TheMajorSupreme » Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:09 pm

While trying to work through Revan's 90 man preseason guide, I built my prospective roster based on players I saw in NZA 1.3 (not moving players yet, just making a note of the players I wanted to sign). I noticed, however, that there were players that I could see in the editor that was not visible in-game. I checked in MaddenAMP, and they were not visible either. I'm guessing these are free agents that Madden deletes when you move past the offseason and training camp. I've seen this problem in a couple of other threads from a few years back but without definitive answers. Is there a way to bring these players back? Another way I was thinking about involved making a note of the deleted players and then just moving them to the practice squad during the offseason before I advance to the regular season.

Thank you for your assistance!
Patriots: SB XXXVI Champions, SB XXXVIII Champions, SB XXXIX Champions
Broncos Journal: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16804
Raiders Journal: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15490

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Re: Missing/Invisible Free Agents in NZA Editor

Postby Rixster67r » Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:36 am

Try editing and saving any free agent in your chise....

TheMajorSupreme
All-Pro

Postby TheMajorSupreme » Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:15 am

Rixster67r wrote:Try editing and saving any free agent in your chise....

One of the first things I tried. The edit takes hold in NZA, but they still do not appear in-game. I've also tried moving them around different teams and giving them contracts in NZA, still nothing.

I thought maybe I could copy the player lines in when I export the file and copy them back in the file exported from MaddenAMP, but I wanted to see if there was a more functional route.

rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Postby rogerjinx » Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:36 am

TheMajorSupreme wrote:

One of the first things I tried. The edit takes hold in NZA, but they still do not appear in-game. I've also tried moving them around different teams and giving them contracts in NZA, still nothing.

I thought maybe I could copy the player lines in when I export the file and copy them back in the file exported from MaddenAMP, but I wanted to see if there was a more functional route.

Open the file using DB_Editor 3.0. Export the PLAY table. Open the csv and go the right most number on the first row. This number is the limit of players you can see in the game. Delete it, save and export back in game.

TheMajorSupreme
All-Pro

Postby TheMajorSupreme » Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:59 pm

rogerjinx wrote:
TheMajorSupreme wrote:

Open the file using DB_Editor 3.0. Export the PLAY table. Open the csv and go the right most number on the first row. This number is the limit of players you can see in the game. Delete it, save and export back in game.

Yes! This worked perfectly. Thank you for the help!

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:32 pm

TheMajorSupreme wrote:
rogerjinx wrote:
TheMajorSupreme wrote:

Yes! This worked perfectly. Thank you for the help!

I would suggest using the newest DB Editor in the future. It doesn't have that pesky cell anymore.

I'll adjust my guide in case the links aren't up to date.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:39 pm

rogerjinx wrote:
TheMajorSupreme wrote:

Whoa, I didn't realize this was a thing! I thought the free agent limit was a hard count and that number was simply a listing of the number of free agents. I'm definitely going to edit this for my main franchises!
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Postby rogerjinx » Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:49 pm

Danchat wrote:
rogerjinx wrote:
TheMajorSupreme wrote:

Whoa, I didn't realize this was a thing! I thought the free agent limit was a hard count and that number was simply a listing of the number of free agents. I'm definitely going to edit this for my main franchises!

The limit is still there. The number mentioned is the players the cpu should expect to see in the csv. If it is less than what you have, then you'll get "invisible players". It so happen the Free agents are on the bottom of the list and gets truncated with this number.

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:59 pm

rogerjinx wrote:
Danchat wrote:
rogerjinx wrote:

The limit is still there. The number mentioned is the players the cpu should expect to see in the csv. If it is less than what you have, then you'll get "invisible players". It so happen the Free agents are on the bottom of the list and gets truncated with this number.

Oh, got it, thanks for the clarification. Still, that explains a lot that left me scratching my head years ago.

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:22 am

I tried the removal of the number of free agents at the end of the PLAY file before the new season started, but it did not work. Many players with low OVRs were hidden. By the way, the number that was on the end of the PLAY file was the correct number of players that exist in the database, so it shouldn't have made players invisible...

Return to “Troubleshooting”