Andy Dalton will be released.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Re: Andy Dalton will be released.

Postby MikeWest502 » Thu May 07, 2020 8:13 pm

AaronS wrote:AJ Green underachieved?

75 receptions, 1100+ yards and 8 tds per year... and mind you, he missed more than a seasons worth of games in his 8 years prior 2019.

I doubt his numbers would have been dramatically better with any other QB.

The difference would have been in the W department.

.. Romo >>> Dak and White, IMO.

No, my correction, Andy underachieved with A.J. And A.J playing with Rodgers, Brees, or Brady for that duration would have improved his numbers dramatically! Like megatron's numbers would have been if he had one of those guy's instead of Stafford! Remember Randy Moss played with Tom? Randy was revived, broke records and Tom threw like 50 TD's that season!

And 75 receptions is nothing to brag about when the league leaders were catching 100+ passes those same seasons! It wasn't A.J's fault he got stuck with another NFL great mediocre qb!

I feel bad for guy's like AJ and Geno, having wasted their career's playing for a poor organization! I don't think AJ wants to be there in another rebuild!

Sponsor

Sponsor

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Fri May 08, 2020 5:53 am

RevanFan wrote:Aikman is second. Who did you think was second?

Brandt had it ordered like this: 1. Staubach, 2. Aikman, 3. Prescott, 4. White, 5. Romo.

Well since you talked too much about Romo being great I thought you had him at number two. I agree with 1 and 2 but I would put White at three and then question marks after that.

Let's not forget that Dak is a backup quarterback, the only reason he has the starting job was because the expected starter got injured. Now imagine a backup QB asking to be the highest paid player... please!

I don't believe for one minute that Dalton will not compete for the starting job come this season even if he says he knows he's role.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Fri May 08, 2020 10:59 am

elguapo wrote:

Brandt had it ordered like this: 1. Staubach, 2. Aikman, 3. Prescott, 4. White, 5. Romo.

Well since you talked too much about Romo being great I thought you had him at number two. I agree with 1 and 2 but I would put White at three and then question marks after that.

Let's not forget that Dak is a backup quarterback, the only reason he has the starting job was because the expected starter got injured. Now imagine a backup QB asking to be the highest paid player... please!

I don't believe for one minute that Dalton will not compete for the starting job come this season even if he says he knows he's role.

I agree it will be an open competition especially if dak starts off with 3-4 loses, he may get marriota'd and lose out his starting position. With all the amount of money spent on offense and the yearly excuses of injuries/bad coaching (Jason Garrett) the truth is Dak is mediocre and not an elite quarterback. With all his weird duck waddle exercises it doesn't lead to much on the field.....except ho hum 8-8 or 9-7. Instead of partying at home he'd be better off studying defenses. He's worth only 20-25 mill per year and even some would argue that's generous. His stats are bumped up because the cowboys always have to throw out of trailing the opponent in the 4th quarter. Sign him to a long term contract and you are looking at 10-6 seasons at best, with McCarthy squeezing out 1-2 wins more with a different offense using different skill players than he had in Green Bay.
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Sat May 09, 2020 12:54 am

ultimatum77 wrote:
elguapo wrote:

I agree it will be an open competition especially if dak starts off with 3-4 loses, he may get marriota'd and lose out his starting position. With all the amount of money spent on offense and the yearly excuses of injuries/bad coaching (Jason Garrett) the truth is Dak is mediocre and not an elite quarterback. With all his weird duck waddle exercises it doesn't lead to much on the field.....except ho hum 8-8 or 9-7. Instead of partying at home he'd be better off studying defenses. He's worth only 20-25 mill per year and even some would argue that's generous. His stats are bumped up because the cowboys always have to throw out of trailing the opponent in the 4th quarter. Sign him to a long term contract and you are looking at 10-6 seasons at best, with McCarthy squeezing out 1-2 wins more with a different offense using different skill players than he had in Green Bay.

Yea, he's not elite, but neither was Dalton, ever! Dalton ain't the spark to get the cowboy's to be serious contenders again! He's proven his worth in Cincy for 12+ years of what, mediocre? He' knows how to be mediocre very well! He knows he's a backup to Dak! If there were any real concerns in the organization, they would have drafted or traded for a replacement to Dak, not grab a cheap vet Dalton' only after he was released by the lowly Bengals! Dalton's name only surfaced after the draft, purchased for league minimum salary for a guy with his NFL tenure, pennies! There won't be any open competition! He will get second team reps! McCarthy won't spend his time trying to groom Dalton! He'll groom Dak with Andy's veteran insight! to help! I agree McCarthy will get them to be more consistent, but they gave up Byron Jones, who imo was the no.1 CB in the NFC! So the defense will have to make up for his absence!

When Dalton was drafted, it was to replace the ailing Carson Palmer! I see no different in in Dallas when they picked Dak with the ailing Romo! I thought there were getting him to be the next guy up, not a backup! And imo all NFL qb's stats are seriously bumped for the past 6-8 seasons due to the pass happy league! I really hope there's football this season to see how this unfolds!

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Mon May 11, 2020 3:53 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:No, my correction, Andy underachieved with A.J. And A.J playing with Rodgers, Brees, or Brady for that duration would have improved his numbers dramatically! Like megatron's numbers would have been if he had one of those guy's instead of Stafford! Remember Randy Moss played with Tom? Randy was revived, broke records and Tom threw like 50 TD's that season!

And 75 receptions is nothing to brag about when the league leaders were catching 100+ passes those same seasons! It wasn't A.J's fault he got stuck with another NFL great mediocre qb!

I feel bad for guy's like AJ and Geno, having wasted their career's playing for a poor organization! I don't think AJ wants to be there in another rebuild!

Jerry Rice - 1 less td.......... in 4 Fewer games in a strike-shortened 1987.. Moss gets an asterisk as far as I'm concerned.

The thing with Rodgers, Brees, Brady... the ball gets spread around. With Davante Adams being about the only exception to that rule, as the Packers are completely devoid of other targets right now.

I just don't see Green having monster seasons with those teams. I think his numbers would only be marginally better. More tds probably.

.. and again, Cincy had a nice run. 5 seasons averaging 10+ wins. Considering how terrible that organization has been the last 30 years, that's not so bad.

IF Burrow is everthing he's being hyped as, Green will be fortunate to play with him.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Tue May 12, 2020 3:27 am

AaronS wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:No, my correction, Andy underachieved with A.J. And A.J playing with Rodgers, Brees, or Brady for that duration would have improved his numbers dramatically! Like megatron's numbers would have been if he had one of those guy's instead of Stafford! Remember Randy Moss played with Tom? Randy was revived, broke records and Tom threw like 50 TD's that season!

Jerry Rice - 1 less td.......... in 4 Fewer games in a strike-shortened 1987.. Moss gets an asterisk as far as I'm concerned.

The thing with Rodgers, Brees, Brady... the ball gets spread around. With Davante Adams being about the only exception to that rule, as the Packers are completely devoid of other targets right now.

I just don't see Green having monster seasons with those teams. I think his numbers would only be marginally better. More tds probably.

.. and again, Cincy had a nice run. 5 seasons averaging 10+ wins. Considering how terrible that organization has been the last 30 years, that's not so bad.

IF Burrow is everthing he's being hyped as, Green will be fortunate to play with him.

Great opinion, I don't agree, I rest!

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Tue May 12, 2020 1:18 pm

Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Tue May 12, 2020 2:15 pm

RevanFan wrote:I'm just gonna leave this here.

https://twitter.com/Foxworth24/status/1 ... 01057?s=19

All I heard is Dak is better than Wentz. It wasn't factual information but more of an opinion.

EDIT

The way you hear the Jones say that if the QB takes up too much cap the cowboys can't win. I see it as if they gave what Dak what he wants then they won't have enough money to pay the other good players. Thats the problem Romo had and fans thought the cowboys didn't have a good Oline or good Dline because romos contract took too much to pay other good players that could contribute to the team.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Tue May 12, 2020 3:54 pm

One more.

https://twitter.com/benbbaldwin/status/ ... 09952?s=19

We have plenty of money to pay Dak. Only reason he isn't under contract right now is because he has no reason to be. He has leverage to wait until we actually know when practices can be held and games played. Right now there's no pressure on him. Same reason why the team hasn't given him a massive offer yet. Once this season is truly "real," one side will cave. Just don't know which.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:21 pm

elguapo wrote:
ultimatum77 wrote:Dak and his agent are looking pretty stupid right now for not taking that $33 mill per year deal. Cowboys have solid insurance in Andy Dalton who may perform a bit better with the same cast than even Dak has at this point.

I agree and would not be surprised if Dalton becomes the starter. Dak has not proven himself and just like Romo, great numbers but not where it counts in the win column.

Edit:. ...and Jones missed his cinnamon that he hired a cinnamon to soften the pain. Lol

Well, there you go. Dalton is the starter and the Cowboys look terrible. This Cowboys team obviously has a lot of problems (Elliott fumbling, missing 3 O-linemen, defense is pure trash), but this nonsense about Dalton making Dak expendable has been revealed for what it was. Can't wait to see Dallas make the playoffs with a 7-9 record and got stomped on in the playoffs.

I still don't think the solution is to give Prescott a $38M+ a year deal or whatever crazy number he's asking for is, but the answer is not Dalton.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

Return to “Cincinnati Bengals”