Nfl head coach

Doveman12
Rookie

Re: Nfl head coach

Postby Doveman12 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:42 am

MikeWest502 wrote:
Doveman12 wrote:
elguapo wrote:Sorry to hear that. That's the best I can do right now. It's going to take some time to figure out what the problem(s) are which unfortunately I do not have time to do so at this time.

It's crashing for me as well, thanks though.

Doveman12, upload a copy of the default DB_template file from HC06!

Here ya go...what did You have in mind for it if You don't mind Me askin'
Attachments
DB_TEMPLATES.dat
(4.5 MiB) Downloaded 98 times

Sponsor

Sponsor

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:30 am

Doveman12 wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:
Doveman12 wrote:It's crashing for me as well, thanks though.

Doveman12, upload a copy of the default DB_template file from HC06!

Here ya go...what did You have in mind for it if You don't mind Me askin'

It's for Elguapo to use as primary file (and reference) when he get's time to make the minor adjustments. He mentioned he doesn't have the game. DB_template is setup and organized completely different between HC06 and M08. HC06 uses 53-man Roster, M08 uses 55-man roster! HC06 has 14 coaches per team, while M08 only has 4. I think he could just inject the players and depth chart from the 2019-20 final jinx roster into your default template. But leave the coach table as default. Doveman12, you'd be better off creating the newer coaches in HC06.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:24 am

One thing I did notice was that some teams did not have the required numbers of players in certain positions. That could be a reason the game crashed and it could be changed like in Madden NFL 08 using the streamdata file.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:49 pm

elguapo wrote:One thing I did notice was that some teams did not have the required numbers of players in certain positions. That could be a reason the game crashed and it could be changed like in Madden NFL 08 using the streamdata file.

If you do side-by-side comparison of both (m08 and default hc06) coch and play tables, you will find there are many more fields in HC06!

HC06 assigns 14 coaches per team( (game crash if not correct)! HC06 only HC, OC, DC uses team default Off-Def playbooks 0-31. All other coaches use smaller versions of the team's book! The smaller versions only numbered up to 17(having incorrect numbers may cause game crash)!

The position requirements are different in HC06 than M08. I think it be best to leave default HC06 position requirements in place over M08 position requirements!

Dumb question Elguapo, did you use the roster ripper tool to inject coach/players into HC06 file?

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:29 am

MikeWest502 wrote:
elguapo wrote:One thing I did notice was that some teams did not have the required numbers of players in certain positions. That could be a reason the game crashed and it could be changed like in Madden NFL 08 using the streamdata file.

If you do side-by-side comparison of both (m08 and default hc06) coch and play tables, you will find there are many more fields in HC06!

HC06 assigns 14 coaches per team( (game crash if not correct)! HC06 only HC, OC, DC uses team default Off-Def playbooks 0-31. All other coaches use smaller versions of the team's book! The smaller versions only numbered up to 17(having incorrect numbers may cause game crash)!

The position requirements are different in HC06 than M08. I think it be best to leave default HC06 position requirements in place over M08 position requirements!

Dumb question Elguapo, did you use the roster ripper tool to inject coach/players into HC06 file?

I used MDB19 to transfer the PLAY and DEPTH tables. I extracted those tables from the 08 roster. I loaded the head coach db6 file and imported those two tables.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:21 pm

elguapo wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:

I used MDB19 to transfer the PLAY and DEPTH tables. I extracted those tables from the 08 roster. I loaded the head coach db6 file and imported those two tables.

Did you modify the 08 play/coach tables to match HC06's table format prior to importing them into HC06? If not, that's why the game crashes! I think if you inject only players and their info and ratings it should work! And if teams have more than the 53 players, game will crash!

Doveman12
Rookie

Postby Doveman12 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:59 pm

bump

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:42 am

MikeWest502 wrote:
elguapo wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:

Did you modify the 08 play/coach tables to match HC06's table format prior to importing them into HC06? If not, that's why the game crashes! I think if you inject only players and their info and ratings it should work! And if teams have more than the 53 players, game will crash!

With MDB19 table format is not necessary. If the imported field exists in the current table then it is imported else it is skipped. Only the PLAY and the DPCH tables were imported. How many players does HC06 require per team?

thevendus
Rookie

Postby thevendus » Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:48 am

elguapo the maximum is 55 they want but you can have less in the offseason

thevendus
Rookie

Postby thevendus » Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:01 am

Hey guys! Update on adjusting attributes! I found a pretty straight forward solid way of editing skills and names without crashing.

Through trial and error I figured out a step by step that I will write up once I get more in depth with skills.

I have dug in and looked for how to edit your own coach's stats, and even found how to change other coaches stats, but not the player yet.
Once I let you all know how to look through the files maybe yall can help me find it.

Just want yall to know to keep the hope alive and you'll be playing this game in no time!
Attachments
NFLHeadCoach_Screenshot.png
Changed name and stats for player.
NFLHeadCoach_Screenshot.png (434.66 KiB) Viewed 2304 times

Return to “NFL Head Coach”