Madden 08 Glitch or what?

Madden crashing, franchise corrupt, games won't sim? Get help here.
MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:23 pm

Couple days ago I was playing against the Dallas Cowboys. I was winning by 9 with over 3 minutes left. I had the ball and was going to run clock out!

But, got called for false start on 2nd down, and 3rd down screen only got me 11 yard. So now it's 2 min + some change when I punt. Dallass makes some plays and score a quick 7 with :46 remaining. So now the deficit is only

We all knew they were going to on-side kick formation yes? Yes! We line up for it but the Cowboys do something I've NEVER seen on any team do on Madden 08 EVER!

They lined up their on-side kick formation with strength on the right side of the field :o :shock: . You can't audible to defend on-side kick to the opposite side. Madden only allows onside formation strength to the left. They recovered the kick, of course, because NOBODY was over there!! I got kinda pissed ranting at the T.V! I sacked Dak on 1st down, they called a T.O. next play, Gallop caught a seam route to the my 35, they lined up and kicked the winning fg. I wanted to toss the controller at my screen soooo bad, I was heated!

Has anyone ever had onside kick to the opposite side happen? Since that issue, I've searched to a way to onside kick to the right and found nothing! It's not possible except for Dallas!

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: Madden 08 Glitch or what?

Postby RevanFan » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:28 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:Couple days ago I was playing against the Dallas Cowboys. I was winning by 9 with over 3 minutes left. I had the ball and was going to run clock out!

But, got called for false start on 2nd down, and 3rd down screen only got me 11 yard. So now it's 2 min + some change when I punt. Dallass makes some plays and score a quick 7 with :46 remaining. So now the deficit is only

We all knew they were going to on-side kick formation yes? Yes! We line up for it but the Cowboys do something I've NEVER seen on any team do on Madden 08 EVER!

They lined up their on-side kick formation with strength on the right side of the field :o :shock: . You can't audible to defend on-side kick to the opposite side. Madden only allows onside formation strength to the left. They recovered the kick, of course, because NOBODY was over there!! I got kinda pissed ranting at the T.V! I sacked Dak on 1st down, they called a T.O. next play, Gallop caught a seam route to the my 35, they lined up and kicked the winning fg. I wanted to toss the controller at my screen soooo bad, I was heated!

Has anyone ever had onside kick to the opposite side happen? Since that issue, I've searched to a way to onside kick to the right and found nothing! It's not possible except for Dallas!

I've never seen anything like that happen before. Only thing similar is when you have someone who kicks from the opposite foot, the alignments will flip. However, the kicking and receiving team should both flip.

If you want to avoid this entirely, use the latest version of calhoupe's scripts. I believe that prevents the huddling of players on onside kicks to follow current NFL rules.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:49 pm

RevanFan wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:Couple days ago I was playing against the Dallas Cowboys. I was winning by 9 with over 3 minutes left. I had the ball and was going to run clock out!

I've never seen anything like that happen before. Only thing similar is when you have someone who kicks from the opposite foot, the alignments will flip. However, the kicking and receiving team should both flip.

If you want to avoid this entirely, use the latest version of calhoupe's scripts. I believe that prevents the huddling of players on onside kicks to follow current NFL rules.

Scripts are hit-n-miss for me, when I load them the game crashes at various points throughout games. My last frustration came in a heated battle vs a
friend, with :43 seconds left to go the game crashed in between plays! That was the last time I used the script over a month ago!

I just finished week 12 and going to play the Cowboys game again to see if I can replicate the scenario!

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:47 pm

Save the replay and upload it so we can also see the play.

Return to “Troubleshooting”