Madden 12 rosters?

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Re: Madden 12 rosters?

Postby AaronS » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:43 am

My lord the gameplay on 12 is just brutal.

Not sure I can do this.

I've tried 3 different slider sets.. LBs are some demented cross of Ed Reed and Ray Lewis. All CPU running backs run like they are Emmitt Smith behind Dallas' great wall. Age old problem with coverage, I'll thrown to a guy open deep, only for the DB to magically sprint and knock the ball away.

Might have to move on...

Sponsor

Sponsor

KO'BBF
MVP

Postby KO'BBF » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:05 am

That's too bad, I was looking forward to your roster. I haven't played the cpu much, so far my matchups have been versus humans.

If you are done with it can I please take a look and see if I can finish it? I am also interested in the 1990 roster that's a hot mess you were talking about. I started on a 1990 roster but I was only making players in the game. I haven't downloaded the roster editor yet. I am sure I can get about 4 teams done in game, then I will hit the limit.

I've been seriously thinking about nba 2k, but basketball is lame and I can't decide if it's worth it just to build a 1993 league that I really dont care about.

The ps3 has left me cold with a classic football simulation. So far all I have to be excited about is my 2001 roster I am making for ncaa 11.
"There are Coaches who spend eighteen hours a day coaching the perfect game, and they lose because the ball is oval and they can't control the bounce." - Bud Grant

KO'BBF
MVP

Postby KO'BBF » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:06 am

Doing a 1990 roster for ncaa would be very very cool, but I cannot find enough information for many of the smaller schools to fill out the 68 man rosters.
"There are Coaches who spend eighteen hours a day coaching the perfect game, and they lose because the ball is oval and they can't control the bounce." - Bud Grant

KO'BBF
MVP

Postby KO'BBF » Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:35 pm

... well, I did it. I just bought NBA2K14 for $3 bones at my local used video game store. So, expect a 1993-94 roster from me in the future that I really dont care about it :lol:

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:45 pm

I'll finish the roster for sure, even if its only for play on another version. (25 maybe, sounds like the rosters are virtually the same.. can't edit the franchise files though, encryption was never cracked)

I'm about halfway though, 14 teams complete. I seem to be completing only 1 team per day though doing ratings edits and equipment.

.. I'm honestly thinking about just porting this backwards. love the idea of expanded rosters. But the edibility on PC really goes a long ways.

Curious how 19/20 PC is? I've heard good things about Franchise. But playing retro rosters, I don't know how that I want to go there..

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:55 pm

The '90 roster was just blanket data entry.

Copied names off Pro football reference, didnt take the time to clear duplicates, left active player data so commentary is jacked... no FA list, as I recall.. hard to guess what the rating system may have been with all that in mind..

I suppose its a good starting point.

At least it was original work though, unlike the theft of the original rosters on this site.

KO'BBF
MVP

Postby KO'BBF » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:10 pm

One thing is for sure, I can create a 32 team roster, 55 on each, with a full slate of free agents that would be eligible to play in a 1990 franchise on Madden 08 for the PC at least. It's something to think about, I was looking through my football cards and I can cover over 80% of the league with portraits ... but, eh, its already a mountain I know how to climb.

Good luck on your roster. I have no use for M25 without 32 team franchise control.

KO'BBF
MVP

Postby KO'BBF » Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:49 am

AaronS wrote:I'll finish the roster for sure, even if its only for play on another version. (25 maybe, sounds like the rosters are virtually the same.. can't edit the franchise files though, encryption was never cracked)

Does a Madden 25 roster load up in Madden 12 without help from the editor?

I did a little messing with a fictional roster, but I just turned my efforts over to NCAA 12 on making a fictional roster because you can just edit everything on a player in game.

navygoat1998
Rookie

Postby navygoat1998 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:57 pm

KO'BBF wrote:Doing a 1990 roster for ncaa would be very very cool, but I cannot find enough information for many of the smaller schools to fill out the 68 man rosters.

Search Operation Sports NCAA Roster Section and you will find a roster with all the works for NCAA 14. 1995

KO'BBF
MVP

Postby KO'BBF » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:21 pm

Thank you very much. Unfortunately I never bought 14 back when it first came out. Mostly because you couldnt create a Madden draft class with it. And now it is priced way to high anywhere.

From what I have read over at OS, the game play has an arcade "shoot out" feel to it without realistic penalties and injuries. So I'll probably never go for 14 and stick with 12.

Return to “Madden Playstation”