ROSTER-Official (ultimates, elites and legends)

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Re: ROSTER-Official (ultimates, elites and legends)

Postby elguapo » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:52 pm

SGMRock wrote:
elguapo wrote:
SGMRock wrote:Here's a thread with db definitions.
http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=15373

Awesome thank you. I also found this one that Cursive did
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gJYNwwTFNVxujWalNddLydKGs2Q1CmOpOZbjR23QQiw/edit#gid=772362357

I added a Madden 20 tab to this and added one change that I know of where one of the abbreviations was changed from
Madden 19 PHCL , Hair Color or Style, to new abbreviation in Madden 20 PLHS It was also moved to a different row in the database but I think you said that doesn't matter anyway in the other thread where we talked about how to convert Madden 19 rosters to Madden 20.

As far as I can tell this was the only change in the ROSTER-Official database fields from M19 to M20 from what Cursive already had on there.

I'll look into Cursive's spreadsheet.

Stingray68 made the DB Editor read the CSV file and if any fields in the CSV are also present in the current TABLE those fields will be imported no matter the order of the fields. Make sure all necessary fields are present tho since the DB Editor will delete all current records and create new records with the imported CSV fields. For example if you're missing the TGID field the new records will have 0 in their TGID field. If you move the TGID column in the CSV to the end, the DB Editor will still import the new records with their TGID imported value. What I usually use this feature for is to convert roster formats.

Sponsor

Sponsor

SGMRock
Veteran

Postby SGMRock » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:43 am

So if I have say a Madden 12 roster I got from 360 and use the Horizon and 360 editor to dump the PLAY.CSV file I could convert it to M19 or M20 by just making sure all the fields in the CSV are correct, removing the obsolete ones and adding or renaming the new names for the fields then the Madden19DB Editor will import the CSV in the reorder the columns as needed without me having to manually put them all in the right order? Is there an easy way to check for duplicate Player IDs as you mentioned above?

I'm having fun doing some stuff with this game, I get into one of those zones with certain games that I decide to mod and end up spending hours in the rabbit hole. Lately Madden has done that too me, before it was XCOM 2 and Steel Division Normandy I did a lot of modding on for Steam. I like working my brain and learning new stuff so getting into modding stuff with Frosty seemed like a fun exercise lol.

Currently I'm working on a Lions team that is all former Michigan players that were some of the better ones to play in the NFL and naturally they should all play on the Lions! :)

BTW my wife of 25 years is Puerto Rican she laughed at your name on the forums. :lol:

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Postby Rixster67r » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:25 pm

You can easily check for duplicate ids with the madden roster editor (MRE) but I am not sure if it works with 19

http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopi ... 10&t=18332

SGMRock
Veteran

Postby SGMRock » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:42 pm

Rixster67r wrote:You can easily check for duplicate ids with the madden roster editor (MRE) but I am not sure if it works with 19

http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopi ... 10&t=18332

I don't think it does. I believe that is why AMP was updated for Madden 19 and recently to Madden 20. Obviously if you can always use the Database editor to export the CSVs and edit there but the fancy interface in Madden AMP is just so helpful and less time consuming.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:08 pm

SGMRock wrote:So if I have say a Madden 12 roster I got from 360 and use the Horizon and 360 editor to dump the PLAY.CSV file I could convert it to M19 or M20 by just making sure all the fields in the CSV are correct, removing the obsolete ones and adding or renaming the new names for the fields then the Madden19DB Editor will import the CSV in the reorder the columns as needed without me having to manually put them all in the right order?

All you really need to do is export the CSV files and import them to a roster type (08, 19, 20...etc). You don't need to sort, cut, paste rearrange anything. You might rename a field because you know madden changed its name but you wouldn't need to reorder the columns. If the field name exists in both the TABLE and CSV file, it will import it.

Just keep in mind the bug I mentioned using the Export All Tables with a BigEndian file. Export them one TABLE at a time if it is a BigEndian file.

SGMRock wrote:Is there an easy way to check for duplicate Player IDs as you mentioned above?

You could sort the PGID column either in a spreadsheet or in the DB Editor and do a quick skim of the column.

Return to “Rosters”